"Cruise Big, or Go Home" – OA 3/10/2024-3/17/2024

2 hours ago, bellemiche said:

I'm here waiting to find out what the Genie surprise is! 😁

You and I both! But now he says it might happen at any time 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 hour ago, Jax said:

Haha this made me laugh out loud. If you have ever had Shane as your genie you know how he reacts to any talk of eating in the WJ. 🤣🤣 His reaction is priceless. 

So when Shane saw D15 at lunch earlier he asked how her day was going. She said she grabbed breakfast in the WJ (cause my kids cannot wake up early enough for CK). I caught the look and thought of you right away! We all had good laugh. Then hubby asked Shane if he could reserve a table at the WJ. He said he certainly could but perhaps a delivery of WJ food would be more enjoyable 😂

Star class flowriding worked to our advantage this morning. You never know how these sessions turn out. Always unpredictable. Sometimes a ton of people show up and you only get one run. Sometimes no one shows up. Today, only Andrew, Owen, and Justin showed up at the start. They got some good runs in for the first 30mins until another family arrived. All together 5 riders for the last 30 mins. That is pretty decent.

Hubby is working on better “carving” this sailing. I don’t even know if I spelt that correctly lol

IMG_0557.thumb.jpeg.ef579b33eec426e9cf89543002fe9e7b.jpeg

One thing I found interesting this morning is that no Genies showed up to this session. When I think back to all the SC sessions we have had since the restart, a genie has always met their guests at the FlowRider to get them set up etc. Now, for us it doesn’t really matter because Shane likely knows that Andrew, Owen, and Justin all have waivers signed and know their way around the FlowRider. But the other family that arrived around 9:30am, they probably could have used some assistance. We ended up having to help them out a bit. When I mentioned this to Shane later, he said that on Oasis, the sports staff runs the session. But the sports staff also wasn’t giving this family guidance either so….🤷🏻‍♀️

After the SC session, I met up with Shane for another coffee at Starbucks. Then we headed off to Izumi for lunch. Izumi was yummy, a bit slow, but not a big deal cause it’s not like we have anywhere to go.

d1b7eaeb-a491-4999-80d8-9d24c394e843.thumb.jpeg.d88d9ce907de1c854692e92ca98aba32.jpeg

78e950c4-2eb4-4126-a602-2ac2c5aca375.thumb.jpeg.1f4bfb68ba58febdc2eced43666028fa.jpeg

SC food coma has finally set it. Everyone is stuffed, and napping 😂

37 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I caught the look and thought of you right away!

Omg the look!! I know right! Masks were mandated a couple days before our Christmas cruise so I never saw the full look. wAll I could see was his eyes go big, his brow crease and a slight shake of his head. lol  

39 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

He said he certainly could be perhaps a delivery of WJ food would be more enjoyable 😂

Haha I laughed out loud. He would say something similar to our friend Robert who would tease him about the jammer.  It’s all about onboard experience with Shane.  

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby is working on better “carving” this sailing. I don’t even know if I spelt that correctly lol

Tell him you want to see him do it on 1 foot. My last cruise there was a guy in his 60’s who could go on 1 foot for a good 5 seconds. I don’t think I saw the guy fall once all weekend. 

I'm eating breakfast in the WJ right now!!

It's honestly not that bad when it's early and there's not many people. Lunch time is just ratchet and I avoid it like the plague! Alas. Maybe during the repo next year I'll book Star Class..

Speaking of genies... I think I saw one yesterday. I was lining up to see the Loyalty Ambassador and some guy dressed in a nice shirt, pants and a suit jacket was talking to a passenger and handed him what I assumed was a WOW band... interesting to see one in real life 🤣🤣

Speaking of speaking of genies - are they considered crew? I would assume so?

20240314_070441.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jamesszy94 said:

It's honestly not that bad when it's early and there's not many people.

It's not bad at all if you're there early. Same goes for embarkation day lunch. I'm usually there as soon as it opens and it's not remotely crowded. It takes time for people to board, wander, take care of certain things, figure out where everything is if they're new, etc.

I'm not trying to convince others to go there; a lot of the time it is very crowded... just not always like some believe.

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It's not bad at all if you're there early. Same goes for embarkation day lunch. I'm usually there as soon as it opens and it's not remotely crowded. It takes time for people to board, wander, take care of certain things, figure out where everything is if they're new, etc.

I'm not trying to convince others to go there; a lot of the time it is very crowded... just not always like some believe.

Yeah I like to go really early in the morning when they've just opened or at night around 8:00pm when everyone is getting ready to wind down. But I only go at night to get fruit and desert cause by 8 I'm already full from dinner in the MDR.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Lunch on port days always seems to be decent. I've never seen it crowded then. 

2 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Omg I used the wrong post... sorry 😢🤣🤣

No worries! lol

1 hour ago, GatorCruiser said:

On an oasis class ship,  I’d be fine with  7 sea days. 

Me too! 

48 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Sea day in place of Labadee sounds like a win! 

For me yes, for the freeloaders, not so much. 

35 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

I know you're not planning to exit your suite, but how do you and your family feel about the cancellation?

It doesn’t affect me as I was not going to get off the ship anyway. The kids are a bit disappointed because they got rained out the last Labadee day when we sailed OY for NYE. Hubby is somewhat relieved as he is a bit tired and sunburnt from PDCC and flowriding. So a day of rest is good for him. I am sure he will be back on the FlowRider tomorrow. Regardless, safety is most important. However, does anyone know if we get our port fees back? 

IMG_0565.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No worries! lol

Me too! 

For me yes, for the freeloaders, not so much. 

It doesn’t affect me as I was not going to get off the ship anyway. The kids are a bit disappointed because they got rained out the last Labadee day when we sailed OY for NYE. Hubby is somewhat relieved as he is a bit tired and sunburnt from PDCC and flowriding. So a day of rest is good for him. I am sure he will be back on the FlowRider tomorrow. Regardless, safety is most important. However, does anyone know if we get our port fees back? 

IMG_0565.jpeg

Get your genie to go down to guest services to ask about the port fees 🤣🤣

i feel like i’ve said this before on one of my oasis blogs, but — and i know the decision to abort mission on labadee was not solely based on the captain — the oasis captain is REALLY concerned about safety. 

in the BEST way. 

i also think it speaks to how happy so many of the crew are on board. 

i’m sure all the captains are super — but the oasis captain is really spectacular. 

i mean all the shenanigans he navigated with us — both trips — and now this. 

you are in good hands. 💚

1 hour ago, Cactus527 said:

Screenshot_20240313-223952.png

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I paid $14.03 for 2 so my price is better.  But mine doesn’t flatten the way those appear to do!  Or is that white thing not a clip?

Slightly better then! I don’t know what that white piece is. I took that photo in a hurry. I will go back tomorrow and see how they flatten. I have lots of time tomorrow lol

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

What does the letter mean when it says you can use it for insurance? Will insurance give you money for missing a stop?

I have no idea, but I can tell you that was the exact line that caught my attention too! I am going to ask around and try to find out.