Recruiting new suite snobs and other tomfoolery on Harmony Of The Seas - Feb 18 - 25th

GregD

10 minutes ago, GregD said:

Wait till you see what we found in the drawers!!

image.thumb.jpg.803823f4c1eafc75fc5f78ff2fc38eff.jpg

we found this in the living room of the suite while unpacking the suitcases!!! 

Oh my, I really really think they were originally the chips I hid, and forgot about them!  The plan was to split between the kids for their airport wait, but more chips appeared later that day, that I ended up using.   But that was way back to January 19th, certainly they can’t be the same ones!  

Tonight we saw grease. Heather and I both thought that the cast was really good. It was very entertaining. We have officially crossed the line where our daughter is now old enough that she understood all the innuendo and raunchy jokes. I’m not sure who was more mortified, us or her. 

Pre show, I really liked how they had screens that showed the cast with a bio, like a playbook you would get at a broadway show. It really highlighted that the cast members aren’t just “cruise performers.”  All of them are quite accomplished and I kinda wish this was done on other ships.

IMG_6260.thumb.jpeg.ec99bf597a2235ed06a74c6511753314.jpeg

The real star of the show was this guy though. Sitting behind the sound booth we could see this monitor with what I can assume is the musical director. He was singing and bopping along to everything while playing the keyboards. He was almost as entertaining as the cast!

IMG_6261.thumb.jpeg.694d5d1e32233278e8a611cc2695b012.jpeg

It’s been quite the day….it is now bedtime! There is a strong possibility I might need that liquid IV in the AM..

And like clockwork, I’m on vacation, overindulging, yet I still woke up at 6am. I’m off to the suite lounge to enjoy in the word of Danny Harr my nice Italian coffee. (Everyone else is still unconscious, I can also say I did not need the liquid IV this morning.

We have a standing Starbucks delivery order with Berty set up for second coffee. I don’t think we have too many daytime activities planned yet. I do know Berty has is scheduled for lunch at Sabor and CP150 for dinner. Johnny is a big fan of “looking all fancy” so @asquared17 stay tuned for some nicer family photos. 

My favorite morning view

IMG_6262.thumb.jpeg.d55a4d2cee107c81e4ee5dd3fcc109e3.jpeg

They are just now putting the food out in the lounge so I will have first breakfast soon!

9 hours ago, asquared17 said:

i think the best part about your live-blogging is the commentary. sometimes i even wish it wasn’t so painfully accurate/disturbing 💀😆😅😂🤣

18 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

Thank you! I’m really having fun with this one so far, and I’m glad you are too. I also really appreciate everyone for taking time out of their day to read along and comment

1 hour ago, GregD said:

And like clockwork, I’m on vacation, overindulging, yet I still woke up at 6am. I’m off to the suite lounge to enjoy in the word of Danny Harr my nice Italian coffee.

My style exactly! Except with no foreseeable freeloading suites in the near future, I have to go all the way to the CL on deck 4... but hey, Wonder has a virtual balcony view down there, so there's that! Joking aside, I often grab multiple cups to go and head to Park Cafe when it opens at 6:30am (not all ships) for my first breakfast and the early AM atmosphere there.

I spy my wife's favorite chocolate croissant. Thanks for the food pics, especially non-specialty... you know, the things us poors actually eat. 😁

I love those chocolate croissants. I get two and a cup of fruit from the Crown lounge, since I rarely stay in suites, and I am good to go. 

I believe on both Allure and Wonder they did the screens with info about the cast of the shows. And it is nice to read about their lives. Maybe this will be a new trend going forward.

I always forget that Harmony has Sabor because both times I was on her were during the restart and Sabor wasn't open. 

Just now, Sweety said:

I add my own.

Poor phrasing on my part... I figured you were adding it, just have never seen anyone put cream cheese on a croissant. I ate cream cheese and jelly sandwiches on white bread as a kid though so not sure why cream cheese is usually limited to bagels now that I think about it.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I have in my head that the donuts got better at some point over the years... but I could be making that up. I usually gravitate towards danish or croissants.

They did! I would say the last two years or so it has improved.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Wonder they did the screens with info about the cast of the shows.

I don't remember Allure, but on Wonder they definitely did.

14 hours ago, GregD said:

After dinner, we wandered a bit.. @TheBoss518 found the Luis Vuitton shop.....this will probably not end well for my bank account....

We were able to get her away empty handed.....for now.....

RUN as fast as you can in the other direction!  Congratulations on escaping this time.  My wife spotted the store on first night and left with a very expensive souvenir.

At least we have another bag to hold more stuff!

How was Grease?

9 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

How was Grease?

Loved it! The cast was really good. I have one minor gripe, the woman playing Rizzo seemed to be trying to portray a deep rough voice and it seemed a bit forced at times. It didn’t really detract from the show though.

12 hours ago, Yesiamthere6 said:

Oh my, I really really think they were originally the chips I hid, and forgot about them!  The plan was to split between the kids for their airport wait, but more chips appeared later that day, that I ended up using.   But that was way back to January 19th, certainly they can’t be the same ones!  

🤣😆😅

The tortilla/nacho type chips would be the test of this! I don't think the ziplock would keep them completely fresh for a month so if they are stale or have gone bad, then they've probably been there a while. Also, would a genie have put nacho chips in a bag in a drawer like that?

1 hour ago, GregD said:

The Facebook group for this sailing is getting interesting. People are actively recruiting for pineapple type activities! 

The most recent one included a photo of a bikini clad derrière 

Seems like the perfect time to try out those pineapple shirts!!  😆

3 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

This might very well be me next Friday on Allure. 

Please do! I skipped blogging our last minute Allure cruise in October. We did do some specialty dining though and upgraded all the way from an interior to a central park interior. It was very fancy. 🤣

Lets get caught up here. 

Breakfast at CK today. Johnny got his french toast, Lydia, eggs and sausage, granola for Heather, and I got the Baja Eggs. Everything was good as usual. 

CKBFast.thumb.jpg.2f30f51ac841edad1d3b90b802b271c3.jpg

After breakfast and a little wandering, we made our way up to the suite sun deck. Dan and his family met us there. The kids were off in the pools while the adults relaxed. It was really a nice time. 

Lunch today was Sabor.........and we can say it is a one and done for us. The meal started out good. Our apps were good and the margs tasty. But, like has been mentioned before.....the rest sucked. I'm willing to try everything once, and for us, that was enough. Our final dinner on the ship is also supposed to be here, but we will change it. All was not lost though, because we had a pirate sighting!! He must be on vacation because he looks dressed for casual Friday and his parrot was nowhere to be found.

IMG_6283.thumb.jpeg.45f478afab755af83aa87aadee12082d.jpeg

After lunch we all felt quite full, we headed back to the room...and we time traveled for a bit. Now we are all getting ready for formal night. We will do some pictures etc. Dinner is at 150CP. We also have the adult comedy show scheduled as well. 

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Wanna feel out of place? Live blog while staying in an interior and doing almost no specialty dining like I may do next month. The horror! 🤣

I got you on this amigo. I’ll post some suite lounge martini pics and me lounging in the suite sun deck, humbly of course. For academic purposes and to contribute to the liveblog. 

Just now, GatorCruiser said:

I got you on this amigo. I’ll post some suite lounge martini pics and me lounging in the suite sun deck, humbly of course. For academic purposes and to contribute to the liveblog. 

If any of the SL/CK staff is still there from June (or have returned from break I guess), they were amazing! I know one of the concierges is now on Icon but @Lovetocruise2002 said the others I knew from Wonder weren't.

If you didn't read the live blog I did for that one, I was freeloading in Sky Class thanks to generous family members and it's mostly nothing but suite neighborhood stuff. If it were up to them, they wouldn't leave the suite neighborhood (in fact, they rarely did except to see shows).

I had a great time, don't get me wrong, but I'm actually looking forward to more of my usual routine. I can appreciate how great CK/SL and the suite deck were (especially the staff) but I can just as easily stuff myself on the included venues, use my vouchers, and lounge in the Solarium.