Recruiting new suite snobs and other tomfoolery on Harmony Of The Seas - Feb 18 - 25th

GregD

15 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Well I'm wondering if she's missing shorts! Did she end up getting new ones? Are they packed?

She did get 1 pair of new shorts. We went out the other night searching. Being the moody teenager she is, she is extremely picky about the color wash that they are.....and god forbid she gets two of the same ones....so that was fun. I do though have a little bit of sympathy for her. She is old enough that that she wants things from the women's section, but she is too skinny to fit the smallest size, so she is still stuck in the kids section......so you can imagine how well that goes over.

She also has a bunch that she uses at the cheer gym that she probably packed. She tells me that she packed two pairs of athletic shorts, and three pairs of jean shorts.

So wow. I mean the average luggage is under 6lb ...........so what do people bring that 28lb for children/teenagers means they don't have nothing in there😂🤣 

I consistently keep my luggage at a good 28-35lbs and this includes a fan......which is often the heaviest thing in my luggage. 

Also, yaaaaaay just two days away from sailing and shenanigans. 

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I mean the average luggage is under 6lb ...........so what do people bring that 28lb for children/teenagers means they don't have nothing in there😂🤣 

I consistently keep my luggage at a good 28-35lbs and this includes a fan...

how does anyone ever have room in their luggage?!?!

the mind boggles 😂

1 hour ago, GregD said:

Annnnnnnd I’m out of here. Pretty sure I broke the sound barrier heading to my car!

HUZZAH! 

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:
  1. I was literally catching up and thinking the same thing! 🤣

@asquared17 and @GregD you're going a on Caribbean cruise! Why on Earth do you need a weighted blanket? lol

I feel the weighted blanket things puts a whole new spin on my 5 checked bags and 3 carryons weighing in at 268 pounds. 😆 Just saying….

Bags are about packed. Just need to do the usual last minute things like toothbrushes etc, makeup etc.  The Boss is still figuring out how the weighted blanket gets packed. 

IMG_6205.thumb.jpeg.ddbd4c4242c97eb091450b5fa97a7b4f.jpeg

In the morning I have to take this goof ball to puppy camp. I am pretty confident that when I load the bags in the car, I will suddenly dislocate my shoulder.

IMG_6207.thumb.jpeg.255b7ec407824c163a3c479a2ae5f820.jpeg

THIS JUST IN........THE BOSS MAY BE JOINING THE BLOG!!!!

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

huzzah!!!!!

i guess i need to start doing a cumulative tallly. my 100lbs is just for the checked luggage but i think im at least 65lbs in carryons… 😂

I didn’t even add up the carryons 🤣

we are now at the airport waiting for our Starbucks order. 1 hour total from leaving our house to being through security. Not too bad. Our airport is going through some renovations so about 15 minutes of that time was trying to find a parking spot.

13 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

What city are you flying from ? I’m always interested in where fellow cruisers live in our country. 

Albany, NY.

10 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Oh my, that's all checked luggage? Hubby would have a heart attack if I attempted to check that many pieces.

Southwest allows 2 checked bags per person for free.

Just wow.

First the Boss's hair is beautiful, hopefully the picture isn't just showing high/low lights

Second these luggage totals are .......illuminating. My brother and I share a checked bag, which we keep under the 50lb limit. Then my carry-on is 23-28lbs. I don't think I've ever even made 100lbs in totality of all bags and my longest trip was almost a month.

I hope your flight is smooth. I know Texas has better weather than we currently are experiencing. It's 12 degrees in Chicago, sunny but 🥶.

I have two issues with southwest, the unassigned seats and the fact they ususlly only pay for one carousel for luggage. So you wait forever for checked bags.

25 minutes ago, GregD said:

On the plane. @asquared17 this is the way we are supposed to sit right?

IMG_6210.thumb.jpeg.dd321ee9b144510759fac0ef0081089a.jpeg

oh sweet lord!!!!

12 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Second these luggage totals are .......illuminating. My brother and I share a checked bag, which we keep under the 50lb limit. Then my carry-on is 23-28lbs. I don't think I've ever even made 100lbs in totality of all bags and my longest trip was almost a month.

.... this is why we are friends. imagine if we ever traveled together. i'd be the sherpa mule, loaded down with baggage OF MY OWN MAKING!!!

as we say in my family (even though you have ZERO control), FLY SAFE!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Second these luggage totals are .......illuminating. My brother and I share a checked bag, which we keep under the 50lb limit.

Right? lol

All 4 of us share a checked bag and we keep it under 50lbs. If we didn't, Hubby would be really mad and we would be those at the check in desk with the suitcase opened 😆

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Just wow.

First the Boss's hair is beautiful, hopefully the picture isn't just showing high/low lights

She says thank you!! She has requested to join the blogs and it’s still in limbo.

So my bag, the blue one, was 47lbs. In that bag is all of my stuff, all of Johnnys annnnnd some of The Boss’s stuff. 

The boss likes to have her “options” for outfits etc etc, so she is a chronic over packer . She also has things in Lydia’s bag too.

2 hours ago, asquared17 said:

as we say in my family (even though you have ZERO control), FLY SAFE!!!!!

Spouse and I both fly/travel a lot for our respective jobs. Whenever we do, this GIF constantly gets texted back and forth between us along with the "fly safe!" mantra. 

plane-flapping-funny.gif

8 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

Spouse and I both fly/travel a lot for our respective jobs. Whenever we do, this GIF constantly gets texted back and forth between us along with the "fly safe!" mantra. 

plane-flapping-funny.gif

How did you get the GIF to work? They are busted on my end. I click the button and always get "There are no results to display"

2 minutes ago, GregD said:

How did you get the GIF to work? They are busted on my end. I click the button and always get "There are no results to display"

I copied the "copy image address" instead of "copy link address" and it popped up. The first time I put it in, it was just the link you'd have to click. I was surprised it actually worked in here!