Recruiting new suite snobs and other tomfoolery on Harmony Of The Seas - Feb 18 - 25th

GregD

So our first flight made it to BWI easily. Now we have a bunch of time to kill because our next flight is delayed an hour.

We found a place to get lunch. For the beer folks, there is a Flying Dog taproom here are the airport. The food is decent and the beer is cold. 

Fittingly, they had a burger called The Boss, so of course I had to order that.

IMG_6212.thumb.jpeg.d811a00ada2c6d31b471d188a0a80427.jpeg 

Hello everyone, I am finally here and will be adding my thoughts to this blog when I can. I'll be eventually adding to my profile etc while we have this prolonged layover in BWI. @Ampurp85 Thank you for the compliment on my hair. @GregD showed me your picture from your last blog and I love your purple hair too!!

17 minutes ago, TheBoss518 said:

Hello everyone, I am finally here and will be adding my thoughts to this blog when I can

WELCOME!!!!!!! 🎊🎉🍾😃💃🏻

ps: i am so glad you got the weighted blanket in!!!! 

also the 10lb travel version is, admittedly lighter but since it takes up less surface space over all, i usually double it and it feels similar to my at home version (20 lbs) 💚

24 minutes ago, TheBoss518 said:

Hello everyone, I am finally here and will be adding my thoughts to this blog when I can. I'll be eventually adding to my profile etc while we have this prolonged layover in BWI. @Ampurp85 Thank you for the compliment on my hair. @GregD showed me your picture from your last blog and I love your purple hair too!!

We’ve sucked her in 😂😂

32 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

WELCOME!!!!!!! 🎊🎉🍾😃💃🏻

ps: i am so glad you got the weighted blanket in!!!! 

also the 10lb travel version is, admittedly lighter but since it takes up less surface space over all, i usually double it and it feels similar to my at home version (20 lbs) 💚

That will be added to the next Bezos order! Have to travel frequently for work and need to carry my own bags so having a lighter one would probably be better!😂 the week I spent out in San Diego was awful sleeping wise without it! 

1 hour ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Personally I would go the day before if I had to fly - but that's because airlines in Australia (at least Domestic flights in Sydney) are rubbish -  constant delays, random cancellations. 

Cruise is for a Monday? Expect to see me there Sunday morning 😂

*looking at you Jetstar*

We are arriving the day before as well. 

We are sitting at the gate waiting for our plane to arrive and just watching airport operations. I saw this sign on the back of the tug and thought it was cute. 
IMG_6215.thumb.jpeg.44879425feb1aa9142af72bfbd944683.jpeg

slight traffic jam at the gate. This place has been fully boarded for quite a while. Eventually they brought a few more bags and loaded them on the plane. You can see our plane creeping in the background waiting to get to the gate.

IMG_6214.thumb.jpeg.79662a2bac7f56e2db0eb07ddbbabee1.jpeg

Finally our plane is at the gate. Next stop Houston. Despite the delay, this travel day hasn’t been horrible.

IMG_6216.jpeg

6 hours ago, GregD said:

watched someone sprinting through the airport, in socks……poor guy….hope he catches his flight

Ok — this happened to me late one night.  I was late for a flight and TSA Pre had closed.  My shoes did not emerge from the scanning machine.  They said it would take them at least 30 minutes to get in the machine to find the missing shoes, and I only had about 15 minutes.  So, to the flight I went — in my socks.  So embarrassing!

4 hours ago, Babsy47 said:

Ok — this happened to me late one night.  I was late for a flight and TSA Pre had closed.  My shoes did not emerge from the scanning machine.  They said it would take them at least 30 minutes to get in the machine to find the missing shoes, and I only had about 15 minutes.  So, to the flight I went — in my socks.  So embarrassing!

Honestly why do they make you take your shoes off in the United States? Every other country I've been to, you can just leave your shoes on, but when we went through TSA Customs back in 2017, we had to take everything off, including socks and shoes....

4 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Honestly why do they make you take your shoes off in the United States? Every other country I've been to, you can just leave your shoes on, but when we went through TSA Customs back in 2017, we had to take everything off, including socks and shoes....

Richard Reid ruined it for everyone…..

Backtracking a bit here. Our flight from BWI-HOU was decent. There was a little bit of turbulence but nothing crazy.

Hello Memphis

This is IAH on the north side of Houston. You really grasp how big Houston is when it’s lit up like this at night. 

IMG_6221.thumb.jpeg.6c245b44b21156da5f899891f8fceefc.jpeg

Once on the ground we headed over to the rental counter. I felt bad for some people. They were trying to rent cars and got denied. They were attempting to pay with a debit card, which would then cause the rental agency run a soft credit check in the background. I don’t know the minimum score needed, but there were at least 5 people turned away. 

When it was our turn, since we had already booked in the app and pre-paid our rental, we obviously didn’t have any issues, and were on our way.

A quick stop at McDeath for some quick drive through bites and we headed off to Galveston. No issues on I45. No traffic worth noting and it was a quick easy drive to the hotel.

IMG_6217.jpeg

IMG_6220.jpeg

20 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

Liquid IV ehh?, someone plans to get down with their beverage package. Those puppies go in my toiletry bag every cruise. 

I’m going to attempt to have a policy named after me #starclassbehavingbadly…..

Though, in all reality it’s actually #imtoodangoldtobedoingthis