Mods Gone Wild!!!! Icon Inaugural Sailing - January 27 - February 3, 2024

SpeedNoodles

46 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Believe it or not, we have joked about this. But we don’t have the space in the backyard, or the right climate. 

I've actually considered could I make a business out of it here in IL where I live and do several of them indoors.  I'm just not sure there are enough crazy's like me and your husband to make a business out of it 🤣

Hooked has some dining that spills over into the Aquadome.  Could be a plus or minus depending on the person.

Notice the USB power outlets under the counter, too.

The Overlook also has outlets and USB ports available at a lot of the seating options so it's a good place to work. They do rehearse in here during the day so it may not always be quiet, but I haven't heard them run the show audio.

20240130_115245.jpg

10 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I always get a robe when on board, but I don't remember them ever being this thick, soft, and hooded. I want to keep this thing!

They are for sale now in the cruise planner, although the picture looks different than the one hanging:

2024-01-30.thumb.png.8cae35b1a074d8cc2ae92a05c96e1765.png

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

Is the Aquadome Market like a Food Court?

Yes 

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I always get a robe when on board, but I don't remember them ever being this thick, soft, and hooded. I want to keep this thing!

It’s for sure extra thick! Different than the ones on other ships. 

1 minute ago, SpeedNoodles said:
1 hour ago, TheMaxRebo said:

How were the drinks? Definitely intrigued by a few of these

Short. I love the elevator system!

I think you quoted the wrong post... unless you find the drinks "short" and then decided to randomly comment on the elevators. 🤣

Too many of those drinks perhaps? 🤔

2 hours ago, TheMaxRebo said:

How were the drinks? Definitely intrigued by a few of these

They have been interesting! The Boulevardier was a bit bitter (Campari). The Irish Frozen coffee is pure trouble. I liked the flavor of the Big Bobba but it needed softer bobas.  I'm definitely going to use more drink vouchers to try the rest of the menu.

We just had an in-stateroom announcement that between 6:00‐6:30 they will be doing some dynamic lighting testing where they may mess with the stateroom lights. We were asked not to mess with the lights while this is happening. 

Neat to be behind the scenes on how those messages on the sides of the ship happen. We should be sailing out of St. Kitts around then.

43 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

All the food in Icon looks too good. I am now fully regretting canceling this sailing. I am also beginning to understand why there is a premium, the new complementary food offerings are on point. But that's okay. I'm sailing her next year for sure.

Just you, right? Or you and your brother? No one else, right? RIGHT??!??? #nomorevintagesailingsforampurp85

Dinner CK Night 4

As with all other nights this sailing, there seems to be the addition of a lobster themed appetizer. Tonight it was the standard Night 4 menu, with the addition of a “lobster cake” which Hubby and I both passed on. @asquared17 Cheese tortellini with truffle ❤️
904e9d3c-19da-403f-8762-4a4edb041d37.thumb.jpeg.07adf07c648af6c238d5c0e6fbaf98d8.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

What's the pressure on the showers like? Do they have options to change the pressure? I hate low pressure showers.... 

In our room, the pressure is mid and acceptable. There is no option to change the pressure in our cabin. I have no clue about other cabins. 

52 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

In our room, the pressure is mid and acceptable. There is no option to change the pressure in our cabin. I have no clue about other cabins. 

Dam.. you'd think being a multi-billion dollar ship, they'd have better pressure showers, I guess that's what happens when most companies try to go "green" and are trying to be environmentally friendly. At least give us the option to change the pressure.... Thanks for answering.

2 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Dam.. you'd think being a multi-billion dollar ship, they'd have better pressure showers, I guess that's what happens when most companies try to go "green" and are trying to be environmentally friendly. At least give us the option to change the pressure.... Thanks for answering.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, maybe it did not come out right earlier, the shower pressure is fine for me. And I have a lot of hair to wash lol. But you cannot adjust it. If you look back at the room pics, the shower head is large and wide and that helps a lot. 

2 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

In other news... many chair hogs?? Have Royal started collecting things from chairs and put them away for safekeeping??? 

I don’t frequent the pools but there have been reports in the sailing FB group that they have been removing chair hog belongings