Summer 2025 deployment

SHPA

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We all have our "no go" limits haha

Even I don't want to be "trapped" on a ship with few choices besides the MDR and WJ, and I'm the one who doesn't mind the WJ... totally understandable.

That said, if the prices are too crazy, it may be whatever tiny ship fits under @Neesa's bridge or nothing for me.

2 hours ago, Southern Dan said:

I was looking for a 10-12 night Caribbean itinerary leaving from PTC, FTL or MIA for Jan/Feb ‘26 but those were unfortunately not part of this batch.  Guess I’ll keep waiting…

That is what we are looking for as well. Do you think they will show up later this week? Maybe next week but that should be shorts and LA.

Not sure but these are the ships with nothing announced for Jan/Feb 26…not sure if any will be in dry dock at the time either.

Anthem

Enchantment

Explorer

Freedom

Liberty

Mariner

Ovation

Quantum

Radiance

Serenade

Spectrum (usually in Asia)

Utopia (will be doing short Caribbean out of PTC I believe)

Voyager

Wonder

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Two clues from Cruise Director Mitch, who many of you know works for the sales department now. This is from his FB page over the last hour…

IMG_0263.jpeg

IMG_0262.jpeg

I have heard rumors of Wonder moving to Galveston...but I've also heard rumors that Travis/Taylor are actually aliens looking to conquer Earth, so take that as you will.

6 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

I have heard rumors of Wonder moving to Galveston...but I've also heard rumors that Travis/Taylor are actually aliens looking to conquer Earth, so take that as you will.

I don’t even know what to think anymore about Wonder and Texas. First Michael Bayley’s announcement, then Allure shows up there unexpectedly, now Cruise Director Mitch (who I would say must know something…he is in their sales department) is dropping hints of big things coming to Texas other than Allure, and pretty much confirming 3/4 nights for Wonder out of Miami. Guess I have to wait patiently until next week. My poor TA who has multiple holds for me lol

1 hour ago, Marlena said:

In 24 hrs the already expensive cruise I was considering has jumped up almost 500$...

I'm definitely one to book far ahead but didn't expect it to last a day at the (already inflated) price

I booked a bunch of solo cruises yesterday morning at Next Cruise here onboard the Anthem. All sailing from my home port of Bayonne NJ.

The prices are very high, but I figured I wanted to lock in back to back balcony cabins and hope the price declines as time goes on. Plus, it’s only $100 deposit each and I get at least $100 back OBC.

Even the Next Cruise agent was confused because the C&A 150% solo occupant supplement wouldn’t apply automatically as it normally does. None of the cruises are in the black out periods (No summers, no holidays, no new ship, only one during spring break). But I booked anyway to lock them in.

My worst case scenario…if the price doesn’t drop for a few of them as final payment looms, then I’ll cancel. It’s a $100 risk for each one. Or I’ll try a lift and shift.

A bridge to cross once I get to it.

But to your point….as I sit here less than 24hrs later…all of the cruises I booked have gone up in price by several hundred dollars. All fifteen of them! Between $200-$400. The average is $300. Also, one cruise already has an entire category of balconies as ‘Sold Out’.

I'm hoping this is just an automated reaction to a sudden demand for a newly released, highly anticipated cruise schedule…and eventually demand will falter.🤞

I think part of the reason prices have "gone up" is because of the new "sale" with OBC. If I do a mock booking of the sailings that I have a hold on from Tuesday night, they have all gone up by about $500-$600 but then I get back $600 in OBC if I book today, so it's really a wash.

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I think part of the reason prices have "gone up" is because of the new "sale" with OBC. If I do a mock booking of the sailings that I have a hold on from Tuesday night, they have all gone up by about $500-$600 but then I get back $600 in OBC if I book today, so it's really a wash.

This.

25 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Do you need to book with RC to get the OBC they are offering? Or if I book with a TA I only get the OBC they offer?

27 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Not really a wash unless you're booking suites since that's who gets the $600 OBC.

and provides an onboard credit (“OBC”) per stateroom varying by stateroom category booked and sailing length as follows: 5 nights or less, $75 OBC for Interior and Ocean View, $150 OBC for Balconies, and $250 OBC for Suites; 6 nights or longer, $150 OBC savings for Interior and Ocean View, $225 OBC for Balconies, and $600 OBC for Suites. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. 48 Hour OBC Sale will be automatically applied at checkout.

44 minutes ago, Marlena said:

Do you need to book with RC to get the OBC they are offering? Or if I book with a TA I only get the OBC they offer?

No. It's like KSF, or Instant savings, or whatever promo they are running at the moment. Your TA OBC should be on top of whatever promos that RC is running when you book.

41 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Not really a wash unless you're booking suites since that's who gets the $600 OBC.

and provides an onboard credit (“OBC”) per stateroom varying by stateroom category booked and sailing length as follows: 5 nights or less, $75 OBC for Interior and Ocean View, $150 OBC for Balconies, and $250 OBC for Suites; 6 nights or longer, $150 OBC savings for Interior and Ocean View, $225 OBC for Balconies, and $600 OBC for Suites. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. 48 Hour OBC Sale will be automatically applied at checkout.

Very true. But I suppose it also depends how much the booking jumped with the new sale. I would think that if not suite, it probably would not have jumped as much either.

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No. It's like KSF, or Instant savings, or whatever promo they are running at the moment. Your TA OBC should be on top of whatever promos that RC is running when you book.

Very true. But I suppose it also depends how much the booking jumped with the new sale. I would think that if not suite, it probably would not have jumped as much either.

It varies. I've seen non-suite cabins jump more than suite cabins and vice versa.

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I could be wrong but I thought group rates that TAs got took away OBC offers from the cruise line?

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

It varies. I've seen non-suite cabins jump more than suite cabins and vice versa.

Good old dynamic pricing....

Just now, Marlena said:

I could be wrong but I thought group rates that TAs got took away OBC offers from the cruise line?

You could be right. Group rates could take that out.

43 minutes ago, Lucky said:

If you book when there's an onboard credit sale going on, and 48 hours later there's a different sale but the price drops, will you get to keep the onboard credit when you reprice?

Depends on the sale, but usually you would lose the credit. Unless it’s a Next Cruise offer. Those remain. That is where you would have to do the math to see if it’s worth the re-price.

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

My booking I have on hold went up by $225 with the new sale...and offered $225 in OBC.

I really need to tell my TA to just book it officially.  Of all the ones I have on hold, Symphony is the one I'm most excited about.  Even if it means another time with the same exact itinerary.

I wish the short Liberty to Canada also went to Maine.  My husband and daughters were on the Bermuda cruise that had to reroute over Labor Day so they did Portland and Halifax and they LOVED Portland.  

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

On second thought, I wonder how accurate that schedule is because those August dates posted in the pic, are the same dates that Star is in port…..

Yeah, that part was pretty confusing, lol. All of this is a little odd so who knows?

Wife already said "I guess we should go on Utopia before she leaves then." I was already going to compare Utopia B2B's with Wonder 7N's for our usual June/July dates but if Utopia is significantly more I'd have a hard time paying it given how similar they are and you kinda lose part of turnaround day. If they prices are similar, I don't mind.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Can I just say how much I hate staggered deployments

I also find this so frustrating when doing our holiday planning as it takes over 6 months to get the full schedule. Aus/NZ are also one of the last to come out and ship consideration is important as the itineraries don’t vary much. If it is a new ship to the region we cruise local.

By the time all the deployments are out prices have risen if we decide to head to Europe or the US instead. 

At least it looks like Ovation is finally moving on and we will get something new to replace her.