"New Year, New Odyssey. Our Journey into 2024…" – OY 12/31/2023 – 01/06/2024

Lovetocruise2002

7 hours ago, Rags1 said:

Checked the blogs tonight for the first time in quite awhile and here you are!

@Rags1! Merry Christmas and Happy Nee Year to you and the family! 

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Sabrina, forgive this breach of blog etiquette but…

…I have to ask @Rags1 ….how are things with the restaurant ?

No worries…I am sure that many of us have been thinking of @Rags1 and the restaurant adventure. 

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

As mentioned, dinner was at Giovanni’s tonight. This was actually the first time the kids have eaten at Giovanni’s Kitchen. They have had the original one before, and Jamie’s, but not this. Both girls loved it!

The food there is amazing.  You missed out nobody getting the lasagna.  It is to die for!!!  

43 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

The food there is amazing.  You missed out nobody getting the lasagna.  It is to die for!!!  

We are headed back again on another night so likely someone will get it then. 🙂

43 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

What?????  No Ifly for you?  it is so much fun!! 

I can barely run, and you want me to do iFly? 😂 we have medical insurance but not looking to test it out lol

47 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I can barely run, and you want me to do iFly?

This sounds like why I don't go near the Flowrider, lol. I was a multi-sport athlete (albeit a mediocre one) in high school. Last organized sport I participated in was adult kickball in my mid-30's maybe... and I just about tore something in my knee making a diving catch.

There's a reason I have always had pre-breakfast and cappuccino in the early AM while my wife went running... although now that she switched to walking, my excuse is laziness.

Getting caught back up here. I had to work NYE, and was up all night, then had Lydias 14th Bday party yesterday....anyway

The videos of Ricky hyping up the crowd are great. what a great vantage point you guys had. Looking at the crowd below it absolutely makes me want to book a table on Allure for NYE because that is way too peoplely. I will defer to your wisdom and guidance on the best location.

Hopefully your adventure into the WJ wasn't too stressful....next challenge is a selfie eating the sherbet you mentioned, while sitting at a table, while not at port.....probably a bridge too far🤣

I need to try Giovanni's Kitchen. I love the original, and those food pictures look amazing. The meat plank and burrata are calling my name!

27 minutes ago, GregD said:

The videos of Ricky hyping up the crowd are great. what a great vantage point you guys had. Looking at the crowd below it absolutely makes me want to book a table on Allure for NYE because that is way too peoplely. I will defer to your wisdom and guidance on the best location.

I will start working on Hubby 😉

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am probably in the minority here, but I thought it was just ok. This show, and Spectra, are pretty similar; a collection of acts consisting of songs, music, dance, aerial routines, etc. all loosely tied together.

I'll do you one better.  We actively disliked it.  It made no sense, some of the songs were shrill and annoying.  If we had been seated in a better place, we would have walked out.  We didn't want to be rude, though.

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Sabrina, forgive this breach of blog etiquette but…

…I have to ask @Rags1 ….how are things with the restaurant ?  I was thinking about you guys over the past week with all the Holiday Star Class blogs going…

Thanks @WAAAYTOOO!  I posted a restaurant update to my October blog. Thanks so much for asking

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

After dinner, we went to watch The Book.
IMG_9413.thumb.jpeg.b4400e6970c7ec11940cd9b07d84ea07.jpegI am probably in the minority here, but I thought it was just ok. This show, and Spectra, are pretty similar; a collection of acts consisting of songs, music, dance, aerial routines, etc. all loosely tied together. It was entertaining, but it’s not something that I feel I would need to see again on the same sailing, whereas Aqua80, Hiro, or Intense, I would gladly see again. 

No, you're not alone! We all (our party) thought it was meh as well. I actually liked the behind-the-scenes Two70 show much better (where they demo all the technology and show off all the bells and whistles). We felt the same way about Blue Planet on Allure. 

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am probably in the minority here, but I thought it was just ok. This show, and Spectra, are pretty similar; a collection of acts consisting of songs, music, dance, aerial routines, etc. all loosely tied together. It was entertaining, but it’s not something that I feel I would need to see again on the same sailing,

I felt the same about the Gift on Anthem and we disliked Spectra too. Spectra was so loud. 

OMG about that boy. I hope he is okay and doesn't suffer any brain damage.

That is always one thing that terrifies me about cruising........parents who think the ship is their babysitter. Not to be a doner but I see so many children just left to their own devices on ships. Thankfully they hire such wonderful crew. 

Pretty chill afternoon today. After Izumi, I popped by Next Cruise and ended up with 3 open bookings. This is in preparation for the February round of releases.

Then, the kids and Hubby went to iFly. No pics or videos. They would not be happy with me if I posted those. Let’s say that after doing iFly on Anthem three times, and now this, D15 remains the best. After iFly, Hubby headed back to the FlowRider and the girls and I spent the remainder of the time enjoying our room. 

Now getting ready to head to CK for dinner. And tonight we have Effectors. I am really looking forward to that! 

Dinner was in CK tonight. Because we wanted to take advantage of Chops holiday dinner on night 1, we picked this night to visit CK. This night is my second favourite menu from CK, with night 1 filet being the first. Tonight’s menu features braised beef gnocchi and sweet chilli tofu. I love both those dishes. 

CK on this ship is fantastic, just as I suspected it would be. I don’t know why, but so far every single Quantum class CK is far superior to OA class, in both food quality and service. 

c458ffbb-36ba-4a2e-918e-2e113988384b.jpeg

24e3644f-824a-4784-9df3-70ed156e4da2.jpeg

After CK, we headed to the theatre to watch the Effectors. Hubby and I watched part 2 first on WN, and we both agreed that part 2 was slightly better. More “effects” in that one gave it the edge. Part 1 tonight on OY was good though. Both part 1 and 2 follow the same format. Video clips are on Instagram. 

When we came back to the room, we found several gifts on the table. Upon opening, it was the ship model and the Starbucks OY coffee mug. 😊

7379e1cd-ba06-4565-887d-7e9d002d1849.jpeg

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Pretty chill afternoon today. After Izumi, I popped by Next Cruise and ended up with 3 open bookings. This is in preparation for the February round of releases.

Then, the kids and Hubby went to iFly. No pics or videos. They would not be happy with me if I posted those. Let’s say that after doing iFly on Anthem three times, and now this, D15 remains the best. After iFly, Hubby headed back to the FlowRider and the girls and I spent the remainder of the time enjoying our room. 

Now getting ready to head to CK for dinner. And tonight we have Effectors. I am really looking forward to that! 

I booked two later cruises. I will be on Freedom to book three more cruises February 2024.

We were on the Odyssey the cruise before you.  DH, DD(13) and I all did the extended iFLY.  DD and I did not like it all - we only took our 1st turn.  THey let DH do 2 extra turns since we had paid for each of us to do 2....

DH and I left the Book - we got there late on the night we had reservations and were forced to stand in the back.  Hard to see but did not like it all.

That is scary about the boy drowning in the fool...  Ricky made several announcements on our cruise about parents MUST watch their own children in the pool / hot tubs.  Kiddos should not be near water without  a parent / adult.  Lifeguards are NOT there to babysit....

DD had the lasagna at Giovannis's - it was delicious!

GIOV3.jpg

GIOV2.jpg

Giov1.jpg

I'm so happy you LOVE CK! We only sailed the Odyssey as that class of ship and we had the exact opposite experience. It was dark and some staff "aloof" while others did not want to be there. I also prefer the suite lounge in the same venue, not aft where it is located. Different strokes, right?

Kiddo loved the Ifly, we have some amazing pictures on the wall from that.

I loved the bumper cars, I squealed with laughter and joy every time I went after and crashed into someone. That was a great time.

I will say when we were in CK there was a family who had reservations the same time as us every night and they brought their dog to dine. It was foul and disgusting. The woman strapped it to her chest (it wasn't that small) and fed it off the table. They were Star class and the Genie as well as the staff fawned over the situation. Just left a bad taste if you will. This was December 2021 I believe. She brought it to and made a play area in the poor excuse for a suite only sundeck area as well. It's a tiny area as it is and that situation made it even smaller. Have they addressed the suites sun deck area or is it still a tiny row of loungers?

I'm so happy you guys are having the best time. You are my hero, 3 Next Cruise Certificates, woo-hoo! 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

I'm so happy you LOVE CK! We only sailed the Odyssey as that class of ship and we had the exact opposite experience. It was dark and some staff "aloof" while others did not want to be there. I also prefer the suite lounge in the same venue, not aft where it is located.

The CK crew right now is beyond attentive, almost too much lol. They all seem to get along really well, lots of joking amongst them. I have not seen any people dining with dogs this sailing. Thank goodness, because what you are describing sounds awful and distasteful.

I hate the location of the suite lounge on Quantum class ships. It’s a shame because it such a nice space, but it’s out of the way and a general pain to get to.

The Suite Sundeck is terrible. I could not even believe what I saw was correct at first. Poor excuse for one is correct. This ship has definitely won the award for the worst Suite Sundeck in all the QN/OA class ships. 

With the freeloaders and Hubby gone, I grabbed a drink from Starbucks and headed to the Suite Lounge to relax and work on posting some ship photos. I took these a few days ago while exploring the ship when docked at PDCC. Pardon the photo dump ahead, and Hubby was off at PDCC so all photos by me. 😬

Let’s start with the suite lounge. That is where I am right now. This space is nice, there are snacks here outside of breakfast and happy hour. The decor here is similar to Wonder and I can see how Wonder’s SL has evolved from this. The main disadvantage? It is a pain to get here. It’s all the way aft on Deck 13, hidden among staterooms. Not great. 
IMG_9387.thumb.jpeg.dd95f355181f95a79db02a52b3d79eda.jpeg

IMG_9388.thumb.jpeg.16a873d58ca66466cabbf5467f0cc253.jpeg

IMG_9389.thumb.jpeg.89234577c26af807118b2f568e49ec62.jpeg

However, every time I come back here, I pass by this sign in the halls and it makes me smile…

IMG_9384.thumb.jpeg.dc75bd3cfe858fb2ec1844d6d850330a.jpeg