Odyssey OTS - What to know

baltodave

Hi Everyone,

We've been on Vision class, Radiance class, Voyager class, Freedom class and Oasis class ships but have never been on a Quantum class ship.  We are taking our first Quantum class ship (Odyssey) next spring and want to know what the differences are (e.g. layout, etc) and what other things to expect.  FWIW, we are "Diamond" C&A if that makes a difference.

TIA!

12 hours ago, asquared17 said:

DEFINITELY make time to spend in 270!! even when nothing is slated to happen there, it was our favorite indoor area of the ship. 

giovanni’s (the new format) is also delicious!!

I agree, 270 is one of the coolest spaces at sea of any ship in my opinion. We would have breakfast in there sometime on Anthem. Such a cool place even when nothing is going on. 

I've been on 3 Oasis Class Ships, Radiance, and Freedom, but in 40 days going on Odyssey.  I can't wait and hoping to do a live blog so you can follow along and see what it's like.  I will try and get as many pictures as possible and if you have any specific questions I will try and research for you.  

8 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

can't wait and hoping to do a live blog so you can follow along and see what it's like.  I will try and get as many pictures as possible and if you have any specific questions I will try and research for you.  

Looking forward to it! We sail Odyssey for the first time in about 10 weeks! 

58 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Unfortunately I’m not in a fancy suite so won’t be able to get you the goods on CK or anything suite related, but will do my best on anything else 

It’s all good! I am happy to see anything about Odyssey. I feel like Odyssey got lost in the shuffle of post pandemic startup, Wonder launch, then Icon. Not much is said about Odyssey, it’s like the “forgotten new ship”. 

Odyssey is marvelous.  But, it does not have a conventional Promenade.  If that's important, be aware.  I also understand, some folks place less importance on the Promenade.

As wonderful as the ship was, without a Promenade, we will not purposely book that ship again as a first choice. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I actually just watched the video that you linked. I think I'm going to like Odyssey quite a bit. Remember how I always have said I don't like Anthem, yet I've sailed it 3 times lol...anyway, Odyssey still has some things that I don't like (for example the weird promenade), but the restaurant options are way better, and the pool deck just looks a whole lot better. You can tell from the North Star shots. Anthem is so blah (sorry for the poor word choice), and Odyssey has a bit more life.

I'm pretty excited to try her out in a few months. I'll still always be #teamOAclass, but I have hopes for Odyssey.

28 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I actually just watched the video that you linked. I think I'm going to like Odyssey quite a bit. Remember how I always have said I don't like Anthem, yet I've sailed it 3 times lol...anyway, Odyssey still has some things that I don't like (for example the weird promenade), but the restaurant options are way better, and the pool deck just looks a whole lot better. You can tell from the North Star shots. Anthem is so blah (sorry for the poor word choice), and Odyssey has a bit more life.

I'm pretty excited to try her out in a few months. I'll still always be #teamOAclass, but I have hopes for Odyssey.

When are you on OY ?  We will be on her 3-16-24.  This is the replacement cruise for our cancelled Rhapsody Panama Canal cruise.

28 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Me too. I’ve loved OAclass but wanted to try some of the different things on odyssey like the skydiving, northstar, and check out the seaplex. 

Just now, LandstromCruise said:

Me too. I’ve loved OAclass but wanted to try some of the different things on odyssey like the skydiving, northstar, and check out the seaplex. 

I will always love OA class. I don't even think Icon will sway me. However, Hubby and the kids love Quantum class for all the activities you mentioned above, plus the bumper cars. Given the choice, I am pretty sure the kids prefer Quantum class over Oasis class for the time being. After watching @Matt's video, I feel like OY is a good compromise for us between OA and QN class. I know I will still miss Central Park and the Aqua Theatre, but I am looking forward to it.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

When are you on OY ?  We will be on her 3-16-24.  This is the replacement cruise for our cancelled Rhapsody Panama Canal cruise.

Same with us.  We, also, were to be on the RCB Group Cruise on Rhapsody (Panama Canal) and switched to OY (3/16).  Hope to see you there.  One thing to be aware of, is the date we are to be at PDCC, there will be another ship there (Liberty OTS). 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I agree - after four Anthem sailings, Odyssey looks like a nicer ship overall.  We are partial to Oasis class but looking forward to seeing you on Odyssey!!