Breakfast delivered to your room

I just read that you could fill out a form and have breakfast delivered to the room in the morning.  We were never told about that before our first cruise last September and there wasn’t any forms in our room that I saw ( though I didn’t know about this until after our cruise so they may have been overlooked). 
I was just wondering if this is still complimentary or did it go away post COVID like some other items. We will be sailing on the Independence of the Seas in August. 
Thank you 

Peculiar. We've done 3 post Covid trips on 3 ships. Always had the hanging tags in a drawer at the vanity area. Perhaps efficiency (or lack of) on the part of cabin stewards?

Last outing on Wonder, enjoyed the convenience of room service breakfast 5 out of 7 days. There were hiccups once or twice with the orders, but................

Was on Liberty a few weeks ago and they had some door hanger breakfast room service forms in one of the drawers of the vanity table. They were also on the room steward's carts if they were out and about while you were, you could snag a few. Plenty of people in our hallway were using them. Interestingly enough, our room did not have an interactive television so there was no checking invoices or ordering room service on the TV.

Like others said - continental breakfast (bagels, crossiants, coffee, muffins, yogurt etc.) was "free" (but please tip the person who delivers it!) and hot breakfast (omelettes, eggs, hash browns, pancakes, waffles, etc.) has a $7.95 charge for the entire order (and again, please tip the person who delivers it!).

We did the continental breakfast on Oasis last year and it ended up being pretty good - the bagels were toasted and still hot, they gave us plenty of cream cheese and butter, the coffee came with cream and sugar on the side. We asked for it at 6AM and we got it at 6AM on the dot.

We use the continental breakfast option regularly.  We love to have hot coffee, tea, juice, fresh fruit and a muffin or bagel delivered. We are early risers, so usually have it delivered by 6:30. Even if we want to have a later breakfast in one of the dining rooms, we just order our coffee and tea through room service.  Last trip, on Ovation, we had to ask our room steward for door hangers, but normally they are in a drawer in your room or with the regular room service menu. We've ordered through the TV a few times as well. A great perk that everyone can use!

Also had a stack of the menu\door hangers in our room on Oasis in January.  The left side of this menu is the free options that you can pick and have delivered at your selected time. The right side is the paid options, which comes out to about 10 bucks or so for as much as you want to order....image.thumb.jpeg.bdd4a5d69c7583e203c214118849a7dd.jpeg

I just got off of Serenade and we used the door hanger.  It was in the vanity drawer.  We only ordered from the free continental side and then went to the main dining room for a full hot breakfast later.  It's nice to have coffee and a muffin on the balcony.  They called each time before bringing it.

17 minutes ago, need2cruz said:

I just got off of Serenade and we used the door hanger.  It was in the vanity drawer.  We only ordered from the free continental side and then went to the main dining room for a full hot breakfast later.  It's nice to have coffee and a muffin on the balcony.  They called each time before bringing it.

That's what we did too. Room service for a carb (bagel, muffin, or crossiant) and coffee and then we went to Windjammer after we got ready. We essentially used it as an "alarm clock" for port days.

22 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I haven’t seen a breakfast hang tag since the restart.  I don’t think they’re a “thing” anymore.   AFAIK, you can still order the continental breakfast from room service for $0 but any kind of hot food will cost $$ unless you’re in a suite.

We had the breakfast hang cards on our cruises this year, including one last month.  But they are not often sitting out, they were in a bottom drawer.  If I do not see them in the future I will ask for them. 

5 hours ago, Coda_Sarah said:

Are you able to order in advance?  That's the benefit of the hanging door order.  Choosing a time for delivery.

Yup! We ordered the night before at around 7:00 p.m. for a 7:00 a.m. delivery. That was the earliest we could get. Room service actually showed up at 6:40 a.m.! Mad scramble to find pants so I could actually open the door for the lady. 🤣

6 hours ago, SewerUrchin43 said:

Being our first ever cruise we were so overwhelmed by everything ( in a good way) I didn’t even think about using room service. Lol

We've cruised a lot, and I still am overwhelmed at what is available that I never knew about. 

It was just this past year that I first knew of the breakfast via room service.  A few cruises back, as we were planning for an early get-up for an excursion, my wife said, let's just order breakfast.  What?  She has cruised many times without me, and apparently that's what she does.  She just assumed I knew.  It works very well.