Anniversary Tales – Episode XXI: From Galaxy’s Edge to the Wondrous Seas – WN 7/23/23 – 7/30/23

Lovetocruise2002

42 minutes ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Has Hubby snuck to WJ yet?

Have there been plenty of Ranger Cookies around?

No, he has been way too full lol.

And yes, daily delivery of Ranger cookies. Standing order 🙂

30 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

tracking photos in the app is soooo much better. 

this takes out a lot of the guess work when it comes to finding out which ones we will keep! 💚

Totally agree!

Dinner at Hooked tonight. 

I am not quite sure what to say about this. Dinner was good, but it was not great. None of the dishes really stood out to us. There was nothing wrong with them, just nothing that we feel like we would need to return for. 

My favourite was probably the grilled salmon. Hubby really liked the Lobster Mac n Cheese. 

After dinner they brought out a slice of coconut cream pie to celebrate with us .
cfce7d13-8e7a-492d-adb5-fbe3c48087b0.thumb.jpeg.3c72755944ea87d0a85e5d1616a751a9.jpeg

448fcfc0-12e8-4418-81f4-f22759c7b581.thumb.jpeg.72157d5defd3be60ae58f6faabf3f6ab.jpeg

Before we left, our waiter took this picture 
5e35c150-9960-4715-9fcf-a4f55d204d03.thumb.jpeg.64c9669f0247108c051d82bc30e5723a.jpeg

Tonight’s show was Tap Factory. I really liked this. It was creative, funny, good energy. The contortionist, while so cool, was hard to watch at times. The way that guy could bend his body……😬

Will upload video clips of the show to Instagram tomorrow. 8b066a28-6fba-4134-a255-928347b9c7f8.thumb.jpeg.2abe32d6f5cb496c31f54c64bad61530.jpeg

11 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Dinner at Hooked tonight. 

I am not quite sure what to say about this. Dinner was good, but it was not great. None of the dishes really stood out to us. There was nothing wrong with them, just nothing that we feel like we would need to return for.

This is also our opinion of Hooked and we are huge seafood lovers.  We love oysters on the half shell and the ones at Hooked are just - meh.  IMO Hooked is to seafood as Sabor is (was) to Latin cuisine.  They are just nebulous shadows of what they could be.  I'm sure this mediocrity falls into the "we can't please everyone so we will please a few" category.  Nice try but really....ummm...no.

9 hours ago, Traveler said:

The secret with Hooked is to eat there at the day they get fresh supplies . I always try to find out what is the port which they are restocking. 

Great tip!

2 hours ago, bellemiche said:

I was going to ask if that was your hubby's new shirt until I zoomed in and saw the TML's symbol on it! That ruined the shirt. 🤣😂JK

He loves that Hawaiian shirt lol

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

IMO Hooked is to seafood as Sabor is (was) to Latino cuisine

That is actually a great comparison! I would totally agree with that now that you mentioned it. We feel the same about Sabor. Not terrible, just meh. 

I went in with low expectations of Hooked because I don't eat seafood, so it wasn't bad to me. But I can see how it won't appeal to the true seafood lover. IMHO Royal does not do themes well. Like I am looking forward to Mason jar because its different but as someone who has southern family and gets southern cooking on the major holidays, I know it won't compare. 

Side note, I don't know if that was a dress or skirt, but I love the pattern, it is so cute.

2 hours ago, teddy said:

That’s an awesome view. 

We’re sailing in our first aft cabin in October and can’t wait 

We never really understood the fascination with aft cabins until last summer on Anthem. Totally in love with this one. Will probably keep an eye on more aft cabins in the future. The Voyager and Freedom class ones I am not sure how good those will be because of the obstruction….

30 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I went in with low expectations of Hooked because I don't eat seafood, so it wasn't bad to me. But I can see how it won't appeal to the true seafood lover. IMHO Royal does not do themes well. Like I am looking forward to Mason jar because its different but as someone who has southern family and gets southern cooking on the major holidays, I know it won't compare. 

I think that is partially why we like Mason Jar, we don’t really have anything like to locally to compare it to.

32 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Side note, I don't know if that was a dress or skirt, but I love the pattern, it is so cute.

Thanks! It was a wrap skirt. It was also Caribbean night. 

D4B74695-C250-48CA-BB6F-7C4B1C7AA86B.jpeg

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

3 females judge the first round, crowd votes the final. Although I don’t know about today’s choice, the guy was literally sitting in one of the judges lap doing his thing 😬

Joke fail by me. You typoed "sexist"... although sitting in a woman's lap uninvited is pretty sexist. 🙈

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Omg…we are seasoned cruisers and are getting sucked in at the watch stand! We’ve been stuck here forever…

Haha, Rewind to Harmony and this was Lindsay. I think I will share more of what Lindsay’s up to on my next blog … I shake my head most days but some might it entertaining. 

23 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Now watching World’s Sexist Man.

Oh we are going to enter our friend Robert in this and the belly flop contest! I hope the sexiest happens in the ATS.  He was sick last year so we missed them. It’s a must this upcoming cruise.  Maybe lather him up in some baby oil.  So much great content to look forward to. Lol 

Backtracking a bit. Before Hubby got sucked into the watches, we had brunch at the Mason Jar. This is probably my favourite restaurant on this ship! The crew here is so chill and personable. The food was great once again. I really liked the saltine crackers with whatever dip it came with. We also tried the Deviled Eggs, Fried Chicken n Waffles, Blueberry Johnny Cakes, got the Charred Watermelon Salad again, and we finished with the Cinnamon roll. We loved every single dish today. So much so that we asked Hannah to move our lunch/brunch plans back to Mason Jar tomorrow for one last time. 
d508560b-5f80-4e9a-ab09-e32a958a0c05.thumb.jpeg.b0a7f357c9d95c4905e0c23f279d5f5f.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We loved every single dish today. So much so that we asked Hannah to move our lunch/brunch plans back to Mason Jar tomorrow for one last time. 

Welcome to the Mason Jar brunch fan club! Glad you enjoyed it (and jealous you're having it two days in a row, lol).

Sadly, when I logged into my RC account today I noticed the brunch base price went up from $24.99 to $34.99 (so $21.99 pre-cruise is now $30.99 with the usual 10% off). The only good news is I had already booked it for our cruise in March b/c times were disappearing for the day we wanted. We'll be D+ after that and plan to use our BOGO on it.