Anniversary Tales – Episode XXI: From Galaxy’s Edge to the Wondrous Seas – WN 7/23/23 – 7/30/23

Lovetocruise2002

3 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

OOOO That's a shirt I would love to give to my son-in-law!  LOL  It's perfect!

My sister-in-law gets me shirts like that every Christmas no matter how many times I tell her I don't need more t-shirts, lol. She just changes the theme each year.

I'm sure you can find it on Amazon or something if you just search that phrase.

We're getting my BIL a shirt for Xmas this year that says "Help, I'm trapped on a ship with my family!" b/c they have some spring cruises booked... and if you knew my SIL and my nieces... 🤣

Day 4 - On the way to St. Thomas….

We are due for a noon arrival into St. Thomas today. Hubby wants to get off the ship to wander for a bit but he is also afraid to take me off. Some of you know who/what we might find in St. Thomas lol

Some shocking news this morning, the elevator was actually empty on my way to CK for breakfast earlier, otherwise nothing new to report 😁

IMG_8110.thumb.jpeg.c39b0b4d61dd3cff35a8c06119bcbabf.jpeg

Hannah is going to message us, and walk us off, as soon as ship is cleared and the gangway is ready. We are going to try and get off asap as the weather doesn’t look the best.
IMG_8116.thumb.jpeg.11c2c0a763f965a433ac50c136760192.jpeg

Not spending much time out there. Just going to walk around and then come back for some El Loco 😋

Hubby is happy to report that his wallet and credit card is safe from further damage. Ash is in Alaska (as I already suspected), and they did not have the piece that I have been eyeing. 

After walking around for a bit, we came back for some El Loco 

IMG_8119.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Sorry, lol, even though I live in a border city, I cannot figure things out in Fahrenheit for the life of me. 

No need to apologize. I say the same thing about Celsius to my British friends. All I've come to remember is above 30c is very hot for them and unfortunately very normal for us, lol.

9C/5+32=F

Grew up near the Peace Bridge in the era when the US pretended we were going to move to the Metric System.  Watched Canada succeed while we failed miserably.

Step by step, year by year.  In schools, teach only metric system to those beginning, in year 2, only metric system to 1st and 2nd year kids and so on.  By the end of 12 years you have a generation that intuitively relates to metrics.

Watched the road signs move from MPH to MPH with a small KPH to KPH with a small MPH to just KPH.

Down here, we're stuck with oddly conceived measures that barely relate to one another.

/rant

Glad your cruise is going well.  I shared with my wife and we both agree that a yearly anniversary cruise is something we need to start doing. 

After seeing your update in the wee hours this morning, I realized how wrong I’m doing it…I need to be just going to bed at that time instead of getting ready for work (yea, I left for work that early 😴 )

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby is happy to report that his wallet and credit card is safe from further damage. Ash is in Alaska (as I already suspected), and they did not have the piece that I have been eyeing. 

After walking around for a bit, we came back for some El Loco 

IMG_8119.jpeg

I am sitting in a "bleeping" cost meeting where the consultant/contractor is driving me nuts.  This picture just calmed me down (although the jealously reaction is probably only a few moments away).

😉

Curt from Canada

2 hours ago, teddy said:

shared with my wife and we both agree that a yearly anniversary cruise is something we need to start doing. 

Hubby was the one who talked me into it shortly after we had the girls. He said it was important to spend some time “just us”. Our lives at home are busy. There are days where we don’t see each other much. So we always treasure these getaways. 

1 hour ago, Curt From Canada said:

This picture just calmed me down

Happy to be of assistance lol

Another fantastic and relaxing afternoon! I am starting to think this live blog might become too boring for all of you but Hubby and I are truly having the best time doing a whole lot of nothing. It is such a nice change from the business of home. I am starting to miss my girls though. The house is still in one piece, my plants are still alive, and the pool doesn’t look green, but as much as I love my alone time, I miss them. 

After lunch at El Loco we spent the rest of the afternoon just chilling. Hubby went to the Flowrider again and I spent most of my afternoon napping on the balcony. 

Currently in the Suite Lounge enjoying @Neesa’s recommendation. 
IMG_8121.thumb.jpeg.5fb4d479b3376c5d9fd22941328aed38.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Another fantastic and relaxing afternoon! I am starting to think this live blog might become too boring for all of you but Hubby and I are truly having the best time doing a whole lot of nothing.

That's all that matters.

I dunno if people want to hear about the 8X per day I have a meal or snack when I cruise but that's what I share if I blog, lol.

40 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am starting to think this live blog might become too boring for all of you

Nope, you have inspired me to book tickets to a New Years Eve NFL game and our transportation from port Galveston. Plus flights to go see hubby for Reyd’s 18th because he is working away from home.  Funny fact, I have used my RBC Bank cc so much the risk department declined transactions they thought were fraudulent. Lol (because I only use the USD visa for US travel related expenses…I assured them the transactions were not fraudulent so all is good again) 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

The white is nice but the red sangria, just heavenly.....

Darn! It dawned on me earlier when I ordered that I did not know if you were talking about the red or white. So I said that someone who sailed a few weeks ago told me to try the sangria and they made the white. Now I have to go back and try the red. 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:I dunno if people want to hear about the 8X per day I have a meal or snack when I cruise but that's what I share if I blog, lol.

Food blogs are the best! I love those! 

1 hour ago, Jax said:

Funny fact, I have used my RBC Bank cc so much the risk department declined transactions they thought were fraudulent.

Been there, done that. Lmao 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby was the one who talked me into it shortly after we had the girls. He said it was important to spend some time “just us”. Our lives at home are busy. There are days where we don’t see each other much. So we always treasure these getaways. 

This is so true.  People will tell me I "vacation" too much.  I tell them when I am home I work extremely hard and with 5 boys the wife and I are always busy.  We "need" to have time away just us.  The only problem is I always want to cruise, but she likes to go to the mountains and do hiking and stuff like that.  I have to acquiesce sometimes and take some land vacations too.  Happy Wife = Happy Life 

Dinner was at Mason Jar tonight. It was our first time visiting here. I was excited to try this place but Hubby was indifferent. Turns out this was probably our best meal so far on this cruise (not counting CK because the service there is just amazing each day). 

Anyway, back to Mason Jar. Because we have never been here before, I pretty much wanted to try everything! But I knew I would not be able to move if I did so we tried to order the things that were not on the brunch menu (since we are headed back for brunch on a sea day). 

I remembered that @OCSC Mike or @Neesa had said the Mississippi Moonlight drink was good so I started with that. Then they brought out cornbread and biscuits. We didn’t even have to order that. I know some complain the biscuits are dry but I loved them! At this point, I was already half full 😬

Here’a the rest of what we ordered tonight:

5c17928a-be95-47fa-9108-c5791d7fe789.thumb.jpeg.d26001da2852b92695e2e4d77fa572fc.jpeg

1da1c969-303c-411c-b429-412674f613b4.thumb.jpeg.b4fc7058a1a7d04ed314c960a1b81714.jpeg

Our favourite items were probably the cornbread and biscuits, watermelon salad, crab beignets, ribs, and Hubby really liked their Mac n Cheese. He said it’s better than Chops. I disagreed. I like Chops Mac n Cheese more and he ate the rest of mine. Our least favourite was probably the Twice Fried Oreos. They were so greasy that you could not even taste the Oreos so an easy pass for next time. 

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Dinner was at Mason Jar tonight. It was our first time visiting here. I was excited to try this place but Hubby was indifferent. Turns out this was probably our best meal so far on this cruise (not counting CK because the service there is just amazing each day). 

Anyway, back to Mason Jar. Because we have never been here before, I pretty much wanted to try everything! But I knew I would not be able to move if I did so we tried to order the things that were not on the brunch menu (since we are headed back for brunch on a sea day). 

I remembered that @OCSC Mike or @Neesa had said the Mississippi Moonlight drink was good so I started with that. Then they brought out cornbread and biscuits. We didn’t even have to order that. I know some complain the biscuits are dry but I loved them! At this point, I was already half full 😬

Here’a the rest of what we ordered tonight:

5c17928a-be95-47fa-9108-c5791d7fe789.thumb.jpeg.d26001da2852b92695e2e4d77fa572fc.jpeg

1da1c969-303c-411c-b429-412674f613b4.thumb.jpeg.b4fc7058a1a7d04ed314c960a1b81714.jpeg

Our favourite items were probably the cornbread and biscuits, watermelon salad, crab beignets, ribs, and Hubby really liked their Mac n Cheese. He said it’s better than Chops. I disagreed. I like Chops Mac n Cheese more and he ate the rest of mine. Our least favourite was probably the Twice Fried Oreos. They were so greasy that you could not even taste the Oreos so an easy pass for next time. 

I have been waiting for this review. Can’t wait to hear the brunch review. I guess we will be going to brunch and dinner on Utopia.

@Lovetocruise2002

Glad you guys enjoyed Mason Jar. I was discussing it “across the street” & several people said they didn’t enjoy dinner there so I was beginning to think maybe the brunch was good but not dinner since we only had brunch (and loved it of course).

I had the blackberry moonshine lemonade, seemed like an 11am-acceptable drink, lol, and most of their other signature drinks are bourbon-based which isn’t my thing. I tried one (with a D voucher ofc) but couldn’t get past the bourbon.

I love the “let’s order dinner items” strategy. That’s something my food-based logical brain would do.

Cant wait to read your review of brunch. I’m still trying to figure out how much I can order without wasting food or being ridiculous when it’s just 2 of us. Trying most of the menu as a party of 8 was a lot easier. I can eat quite a bit but everyone has their limits, lol.

How were the crab beignets? Dunno if you noticed, but they do a late night snack menu 2-3 times per week with limited offerings & that was one item on it I would consider trying since it’s not on the brunch menu.

Last suggestion… since you didn’t like the Oreos, try the Go Bananas dessert with brunch... it was very good, wife loved it.

44 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

@Lovetocruise2002

Glad you guys enjoyed Mason Jar. I was discussing it “across the street” & several people said they didn’t enjoy dinner there so I was beginning to think maybe the brunch was good but not dinner since we only had brunch (and loved it of course).

I had the blackberry moonshine lemonade, seemed like an 11am-acceptable drink, lol, and most of their other signature drinks are bourbon-based which isn’t my thing. I tried one (with a D voucher ofc) but couldn’t get past the bourbon.

I love the “let’s order dinner items” strategy. That’s something my food-based logical brain would do.

Cant wait to read your review of brunch. I’m still trying to figure out how much I can order without wasting food or being ridiculous when it’s just 2 of us. Trying most of the menu as a party of 8 was a lot easier. I can eat quite a bit but everyone has their limits, lol.

How were the crab beignets? Dunno if you noticed, but they do a late night snack menu 2-3 times per week with limited offerings & that was one item on it I would consider trying since it’s not on the brunch menu.

Last suggestion… since you didn’t like the Oreos, try the Go Bananas dessert with brunch.

We tried dinner & brunch and you cant go wrong with either! The service was excellent in March so we booked both again for November. The crab beignets are blah IMHO. 

70145605728__C38FB268-1EDA-4067-9876-B9A972A399D8.jpeg

IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1682.jpeg

5 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

We tried dinner & brunch and you cant go wrong with either! The service was excellent in March so we booked both again for November.

We’re sticking with brunch for now but plan to go there on all 4 of our currently booked future Wonder cruises. We’ll turn D+ after the next one so perhaps we’ll try dinner with a BOGO after that. The issue is my picky wife won’t eat a lot of the dinner items that she can’t already get at brunch so it would be for me… which is OK too.

Great service for us last month as well. I appreciate when the server encourages you to try the whole menu, lol. She was also super nice & took my 9 year old niece up to the band to make a request.

15 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I don’t even know about this “BOGO” and we have been D+ for at least 2 years. Is this new? 

Don't think so. On day 1 or 2 each D+ member can book a specialty dinner (not sure about lunch) and you only pay for one person out of two. Even though it reads like you have to actually eat on night 1 or 2, many D+ members have told me you just have to book it then but you can pick any night you want to eat.

Only catch is you have to pay full price on board and it will be subject to availability but that's obviously still worth it.

If you're a couple, you each get one "coupon" just like you each get two days of internet, so a couple could book two separate BOGO dinners.

Found this from an article Matt wrote last September...

diamond-plus-benefits-2022.jpeg.webp?itok=LPPz0W6e

6 hours ago, Sweety said:

I have been waiting for this review. Can’t wait to hear the brunch review. I guess we will be going to brunch and dinner on Utopia.

Doing brunch there either tomorrow or last sea day. I cannot remember lol

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

We always strategize our eating on a cruise lol. Cruise food is very important to us. Even our waiter caught onto our strategy and was helping us with what is on the brunch menu and what was not. 

Cant wait to read your review of brunch. I’m still trying to figure out how much I can order without wasting food or being ridiculous when it’s just 2 of us

That was how we felt last night. So we basically ordered everything that we wanted to try (minus the stuff that shows up for brunch again) and shared it all between the two us. We both had a little of each dish. In the end, everything was eaten except the Oreos. 

How were the crab beignets?

We really liked these! The dough part looks like it would be heavy but it was very light and airy. Good texture. And the crab part was not overwhelming. We’re going to get these again for sure. 

Last suggestion… since you didn’t like the Oreos, try the Go Bananas dessert with brunch...

I will think about it. I am not a fan of bananas in desserts, I just eat them as a whole fruit, so not sure if I would like it.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Great service for us last month as well. I appreciate when the server encourages you to try the whole menu,

Yes, service was fantastic last night for us as well. 

2 hours ago, Sweety said:

Mason Jar is part of the BOGO? I am getting excited with being West Indies Southern woman.

I don’t know. I heard that Hooked is not so not sure about Mason Jar. I will see if I can find out or maybe someone else can chime in and confirm. 

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I don’t even know about this “BOGO” and we have been D+ for at least 2 years. Is this new? 

Not new. It’s been around definitely for more than two years.