Jewel of the Seas Cancelled Sailing Until February

From what I've seen floating around compensation will be both 100% refund and 100% FCC.

FCC needs to be applied by May 31st to a sailing no more than a year from cancelled sailing.

Seems the generous offer only applied to the upcoming sailings this weekend. For later sailings it would be 125% FCC or 100% refund.

This does not surprise me at all. The Holiday sailing capacity issue I feel is directly responsible for this. Everyday on the Odyssey more and more crew were missing. They need this pause to get the crew healthy again, just my humble opinion. Crew is tested weekly we were told with or without symptoms. The numbers climbed while we were on board...and then the contact tracing. 

I hope they extend CWC now too!

13 minutes ago, ClockingOut said:

Does anybody know what itineraries these ships were on? Not sure if it makes a difference but was wondering. 

The itinerary for the Jan 24 Vision (11-night) sailing would have been: Ft Lauderdale - Sea Day - Sea Day - Costa Rica - Panama - Cartagena - Sea Day/Aruba - Aruba - Curacao - Sea Day - Sea Day - Ft Lauderdale

Glad I used points to book my SWA flights.  At least I'll get those back.

12 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

From what I've seen floating around compensation will be both 100% refund and 100% FCC.

FCC needs to be applied by May 31st to a sailing no more than a year from cancelled sailing.

Would suck to be cancelled, but I’d be 100% ok with that compensation, especially right now with missed ports and whatnot.

16 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

That would be awesome since our next cruise (already booked) is on Rhapsody (Greek/Adriatic) July 2022.

It will also be interesting to see what they do about cruise planner purchases (other than normal refunds).  We had bought a 3-night dining package, 2-device Voom, Refreshment package and 2 excursions. 

6 minutes ago, Geoff P said:

Would suck to be cancelled, but I’d be 100% ok with that compensation, especially right now with missed ports and whatnot.

I agree.  As much as I am hoping that we get to sail on Jan 16th, if they cancel, I get my $$ back in full, plus a 100% FCC, I would be satisfied.

18 minutes ago, BB1 said:

Doubtful it's a crew issue. Most cases are asymptomatic or resolve shortly. Even with current guidelines they wouldn't be quarantined that long and some sailings are canceled through April.  Just my guess.

They may be recovered fast (I've known people recently testing negative less than a week after initially testing positive), but as far as I know, it's still a minimum 10 day quarantine after a positive test based on the guidance in the CSO.  Close contacts are 14 days. I don't know what happens after that going back to their assigned ship if they have to quarantine again. All that adds up. 

Of course with some of these being canceled through April (granted that one is due to the ship going dry dock), it still has me worried about our upcoming trip.  I remember almost getting an ulcer with the stress pending our November 2021 cruise, and I really don't want to go back to that. 🤣

1 hour ago, BB1 said:

I'm wondering if the cancelations are due to ports rejecting ships. Why else would they cancel?

My best guess is to cancel these ship's sailings to bolster the amount of crew available to cycle on to existing sailings that need crew replenishment........

.........or maybe that's too many moving parts, i'm not sure.  Just a theory

1 hour ago, BB1 said:

I'm wondering if the cancelations are due to ports rejecting ships. Why else would they cancel?

Too many cases onboard = ports denying docking. Royal got around this at CocoCay by transferring sick crew onto vision. 

Shows being cancelled and venues closed because not enough crew. 

In my opinion, it IS mostly a crew issue. Yes passengers are testing but I believe the bulk of cases are crew. Without ports/shows/open venues, the ship cannot really offer what passengers are paying for. Plus I think the ship (Symphony) needs a breather. She needs time to collect herself. (Sounds like she’s about to have a nervous breakdown 😂

We was on the 29 th of this month, this is our third cruise that’s been canceled, already canceled our ride to port and back, now need to work on motel and air, I’m not even going to try and call Royal today, will be a long wait, we are just going to get a refund this time., maybe try in the fall, guess we will be enjoying the cold and snow and the Ohio river views of Cincinnati from Northern Ky. 

Going on Liberty Sunday, leaving for the airport in the morning, this is going to be a nail biter! Worst case scenario they cancel after we land, we rent a car and spend some time in Texas until we either get an earlier flight back or our scheduled one happens. I like Texas. Might need to buy some warmer clothes as we are mostly packed for the Caribbean. Oh well, the wife likes shopping for clothes, I like BBQ, worse things happen to people every day.