*ALLURE*d on the Seas - September 5-12, 2021 LIVEish

AshleyDillo

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Hers is less allergy and more food intolerance that magically evolved from a lifelong strong dislike, so the cross-contamination isn't an issue.

OMG, this was my mother-in-law to a T.  Anything she didn't like she was "allergic" to.  But if that ingredient just happened to appear in something she loved, she had no idea what you were talking about.  I. Feel. Your. Pain.

1 hour ago, Drewtastic86 said:

Do you feel the Covid protocols have affected your cruise experience at all?

I was planning on addressing this topic after the cruise, but I can probably give it a shot now. 

With respect to cruising in general the experience will really depend on what's going to feel like a huge change to you and what you are willing accept. For me it feels mostly the same as cruising before, but with the added step of masking to go inside. I do that at home when I go out in public so it's not that big of a stressor for me to have to do so on the ship.  It is nice to be sailing on a ship that can hold 6000, but we only have 2300 onboard. The drawback is the lack of energy that a more populated ship has. That was noticeable to me on the Promenade at 11pm when the Pub was completely empty and only a handful of folks were out and about.  But on boarding day around 3pm, it felt like pre-COVID times, just with masks.

The crew is so eager and happy to be working again and that is infectious. Most of the passengers are the same, just happy to be cruising again. It feels really safe and most passengers are being respectful of the rules.

They are starting to bring things back such as the Crown & Anchor event they usually hold on the first day. This was the first sailing it was back and they held it in the aquatheater and made it for only Diamond Plus and Pinnacles and no free drinks.

20210907_103823.thumb.jpg.0557f47411bdf3d34c17d6cdcb613e11.jpg

They also had the 340+ points officer lunch.

With respect to the experience of Star Class...

This is where one's personal value proposition comes into play. If you've experienced Star Class it would be a little more noticeable than it would be for first timers. One example that comes to mind is not having the sushi and cupcake classes available. I always felt like having those things made it feel really more like an all-inclusive experience.  They also aren't doing the behind the scenes tours for Star Class, which also always something that made it a little special.

I was worried hearing that the Genies weren't allowed in the rooms because of protocols, but we haven't experienced that at all. Alan has come in every day and hung out and chatted with us for a little bit. He sat and ate dinner for a little bit with us last night. 

The Chops Seafood Tower is an old Star Class fan favorite and it's no longer even on the Chops menu. This is fleetwide and I'm not sure if this is a temporary sourcing issue or a permanent change. But if asked, the Genie can arrange something similar through and come up with a platter.

Social media can be a blessing and a curse because it allows you to compare and contrast your experience with others. Sometimes that can lessen the ability for the WOW experience to be provided as everything becomes expected.

I really appreciate you giving us your view on the effects the protocols have on your experience. We sail on Allure in about 40 days and have been wondering how different it will be. I’m glad to hear of your interaction with Alan. For me personally the Genie made the last three trips memorable. By that I mean my personal interaction with them. The times we would chat about our life and our families. I spent a lot of time laughing with each of them and felt we were friends by the end of the trip. I was having a hard time imagining Star without that special time with the Genie. 
im enjoying your review!  Can’t wait to read more. Good luck on that birthday dinner😂

Despite Alan asking us what lunch plans were we slummed it in the Windjammer first. Even with access to any food on the ship at our beck and call, sometimes a visit to a buffet is best for the indecisive. Three guesses as to who the indecisive one in my party is. (Hint: It is not me or my brother.)

I channeled the @PG Cruiser willpower and got some fish and tandoori chicken.

20210907_120421.thumb.jpg.ce420c1ff1f7238641948c3decb29c85.jpg

We enjoyed lunch with a view.

20210907_120621.thumb.jpg.20bc95f01471fc66dd735b1f6814251e.jpg

1 hour ago, Rags1 said:

For me personally the Genie made the last three trips memorable. By that I mean my personal interaction with them. The times we would chat about our life and our families. I spent a lot of time laughing with each of them and felt we were friends by the end of the trip. I was having a hard time imagining Star without that special time with the Genie. 
im enjoying your review!

This is actually the experience our prior 2 Star Class sailings lacked. We still came back to the program despite that, so the product was good enough. But that also was taking into account the included drink/dining prices and the price differential between the Crown Loft suites my mom likes to book made the jump to Star Class a good value in the Aquatheater Suites.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

You know what I like most about this picture ?  Alan is not wearing a mask !  That is awesome !!

Yes! He sat down and removed it to share the chocolate mousse cake with us. We also noticed some of the outside crew on the pool deck are being allowed to relax the mask requirement as well. I'm seeing this reported from others fleetwide too.

On 9/5/2021 at 2:55 PM, AshleyDillo said:

And at 11:03am I had dropped off my mother and brother with the luggage at front and parked the car in the near-empty parking garage ($136 for the week).

starbann.thumb.jpg.0cca614e5c9a9bfb9a84a0c4bc379432.jpg

We were on Allure on Aug 22 and I loved the almost empty garage. I was able to park on the first level above drop off. 

4 minutes ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

We were on Allure on Aug 22 and I loved the almost empty garage. I was able to park on the first level above drop off. 

I did too..right by the elevator! 

But I parked on the left side instead of the right side..doh! Forgot debarkation is on the other side.

7 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I did too..right by the elevator! 

But I parked on the left side instead of the right side..doh! Forgot debarkation is on the other side.

Oh dear. Yes, I parked on the right side next to the elevators. Got out of the car and was almost on the elevator when I realized my mask was still in the car and NOT on my face. lol

Ashley, so sorry to ask you to do this....if it's too much trouble, don't worry....

I am reading on CC that beginning next week the 11-11 beverage service on Allure will be eliminated and the only beverages that will be available are during HH.  Could you please ask Alan if this is true ?