Jump to content

Celebrity Millennium June 5, 2021


steverk
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm so excited!  In just over a week I'm going to be on my first cruise in over a year.

This is also the first of the Royal Caribbean Group's cruises from North America.

Therefore, I figured people would be interested.  I'll do my best to document how it goes and what the conditions are on board. Please let me know if you want any more information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, melmar02 said:

We want all the information...and pictures. Share every picture! We're all going through cruise withdrawal, so I'm not sure there is such a thing as too much info on a real cruise right now.

I'll do my best.  If there's any specific info that I miss, please feel free to ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, steverk said:

I'm so excited!  In just over a week I'm going to be on my first cruise in over a year.

This is also the first of the Royal Caribbean Group's cruises from North America.

Therefore, I figured people would be interested.  I'll do my best to document how it goes and what the conditions are on board. Please let me know if you want any more information.

Exciting! It must feel so nice that you're only 8 days away! This one leaves from St. Maarten if I remember correctly? Looking forward to hearing about your experience! So happy that they got rid of the masks and social distancing stuff. That will make a world of a difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, johnt83 said:

Exciting! It must feel so nice that you're only 8 days away! This one leaves from St. Maarten if I remember correctly? Looking forward to hearing about your experience! So happy that they got rid of the masks and social distancing stuff. That will make a world of a difference.

It feels wonderful! I'm looking forward to a whole week without masks. ? I'm also looking forward to the ship only being at 1/2 capacity.  It should be heavenly!

I'm sure there will be hiccups and protocols I don't enjoy, but that's for a later post when I'm actually on the ship and find out how things really happen.

in the meantime, I'm going to get my test (required by St. Maarten), fill out paperwork and dream of a tropical get?️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We went over to the local pharmacy yesterday (Sunday) to get our COVID test to enter ST. Maarten.  

The timing looks a bit dicey though. Since Monday is a holiday in the US, the pharmacy didn't expect any tests to be processed.  Instead, they expect the results between Tuesday and Thursday.  St. Maarten needs 12 hours to process the visa.  We fly out early Friday morning.

Here's hoping everything goes quickly!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Made good progress on the pre cruise stuff. ?

Our COVID tests came back and I immediately went to stmaartenentry.com to apply for my visa.  Filling out the application took about 15 minutes for each person.  Since I was staying overnight in St. Maarten, I had to buy insurance for $30 per person.

Once done, I received the approval in about 15 minutes. Very quick.

One thing to note: Celebrity says that the entry is by air.  The St. Maarten website has three radio buttons: Air, Sea, Air/Sea. I believe the Celebrity information is out of date and I put in Air/Sea. Hopefully, I don't wind up in customs purgatory!

Anyway, all we have to do to get ready now is finish packing, print our boarding passes and show up at the airport! ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am excited for you!  If possible, while you are in St. Maarten, could you find out if the Lazy Lizard is open?  It is one of my favorite places there-a great place to spend the day on the beach with awesome food and a fabulous staff.  I will be there in January.  I have worried about this and other local establishments all over the Caribbean.

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fairlynew said:

I am excited for you!  If possible, while you are in St. Maarten, could you find out if the Lazy Lizard is open?  It is one of my favorite places there-a great place to spend the day on the beach with awesome food and a fabulous staff.  I will be there in January.  I have worried about this and other local establishments all over the Caribbean.

Thanks.

I'll do my best.  We were planning to just hang at the hotel after a day of travel, but I'll ask the front desk and let you know what they say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just received word that Celebrity has changed their testing requirements.  They now require a test taken no more than 72 hours prior to boarding.  So, I guess I get tested again tomorrow afternoon.

I expected this to be a moving target, but it is getting frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

I am sorry that you have to be retested!  What an inconvenience.  Thanks for asking at the hotel desk.  I hope your next test goes well and you have a great trip.  Looking forward to reading about it.

Appreciate your sympathy.  If this is the biggest problem in my life, then I've got a really great life!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, steverk said:

I just received word that Celebrity has changed their testing requirements.  They now require a test taken no more than 72 hours prior to boarding.  So, I guess I get tested again tomorrow afternoon.

I expected this to be a moving target, but it is getting frustrating.

What type of test?  Does the rapid test work?  I'm on AOS and expecting the same protocol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I figured the first cruise out of North America would be a moving target, and that seems to be the case!

Today, I received an email from Celebrity.  They are reversing the order of the ports and Barbados will require a ship based shore excursion to go ashore.

None of this really surprises or bothers me, but it's worth noting for anyone that plans on taking this cruise in the near future.

The cruise is only 3 days away! ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, steverk said:

I figured the first cruise out of North America would be a moving target, and that seems to be the case!

Today, I received an email from Celebrity.  They are reversing the order of the ports and Barbados will require a ship based shore excursion to go ashore.

None of this really surprises or bothers me, but it's worth noting for anyone that plans on taking this cruise in the near future.

The cruise is only 3 days away! ?

Safe travels! Looking forward to following along on your experience!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have arrived in St. Maarten! :D  

Found a great hotel and enjoyed dinner.  Tomorrow, we board the ship.

We bumped in to Danny of Harr travel. He's filming a tour of the ship so expect it to be posted in about 2 weeks. He always does excellent tours, so it is something to look forward to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, steverk said:

We have arrived in St. Maarten! ?

Found a great hotel and enjoyed dinner.  Tomorrow, we board the ship.

We bumped in to Danny of Harr travel. He's filming a tour of the ship so expect it to be posted in about 2 weeks. He always does excellent tours, so it is something to look forward to.

Steve - will you be doing any live streaming? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, steverk said:

We have arrived in St. Maarten! ?

Found a great hotel and enjoyed dinner.  Tomorrow, we board the ship.

We bumped in to Danny of Harr travel. He's filming a tour of the ship so expect it to be posted in about 2 weeks. He always does excellent tours, so it is something to look forward to.

Awesome!! It's almost cruise day!! Also a huge fan of Danny @ Harr Travel, no doubt the best at ship tours out of anyone I have seen. Can't wait to see this one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...