Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Costa Safety Protocol ... A View To RCG's Future ?


Recommended Posts

All steps in the right direction and nothing surprising.  With more and more European lines leading the way hopefully everyone will get on board with the changes required to allow cruising to restart.   

I always have my phone with me on board so QR codes work.  I can see some eye rolls and complaints from those that dislike having to carry a phone on vacation.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, twangster said:

All steps in the right direction and nothing surprising.  With more and more European lines leading the way hopefully everyone will get on board with the changes required to allow cruising to restart.   

I always have my phone with me on board so QR codes work.  I can see some eye rolls and complaints from those that dislike having to carry a phone on vacation.  

I love the QR menus that have been implemented. I dont usually have my phone on me during cruises, but i won't mind having it for just the meal. More likely than not, ill just know what I want before I go to the restaurant 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

I love the QR menus that have been implemented. I dont usually have my phone on me during cruises, but i won't mind having it for just the meal. More likely than not, ill just know what I want before I go to the restaurant 

Maybe they add a "QR" channel to the cabin TVs.  Scan menus in your cabin and know what you want before getting to the restaurant.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The more lines I see releasing their protocols/guidelines the more optimistic I get that cruising will return sooner rather than later.

One thing that did stand out for me was that they're asking you to only eat with people in the same booking, which makes sense.  Since I mostly travel solo sometimes I find it fun to request a larger table to see who I meet, looks like those days are gone for awhile 🙂 

QR codes and reduced occupancy I'm looking forward to though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We never carry our phones around on the ship but carrying a phone around would be a small price to pay if that's what it takes.

I also agree that having brave souls go before us is very helpful...and from what I can see/hear, it seems to be going well.

I was very VERY happy to read that they were only requiring masks on land. That is a HUGE deal, if you ask me !

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We never carry our phones around on the ship but carrying a phone around would be a small price to pay if that's what it takes.

I also agree that having brave souls go before us is very helpful...and from what I can see/hear, it seems to be going well.

I was very VERY happy to read that they were only requiring masks on land. That is a HUGE deal, if you ask me !

They said, "just as on land", when in public areas while on board, protective masks must be worn.  Luckily, masks will be required at all times except for dining and in your room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

They said, "just as on land", when in public areas while on board, protective masks must be worn.  Luckily, masks will be required at all times except for dining and in your room.

I hope this is clarified by Royal Caribbean if they require masks.  Costa's site seems to be vague about the Lido deck and being in a gym in relations to mask usage (places where masks would inhibit oxygen consumption when needed by your body).  I really hope it is not that inclusive.

This is a deal breaker for many people (both ways) for many vacationers, so I hope there is good clarity no matter which way it falls (fingers crossed for the least masking possible).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since the on-board app was deployed I've carried my phone because it keeps the activities calendarized and you can use your phone as a key (on some ships).  But its a mixed bag, at the same time I don't like lugging a phone  BUT I do need to lug around a camera so guess its a fair trade.   Some on-board trivia games are also be piped to phones which can also add to their usefulness on-board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

I hope this is clarified by Royal Caribbean if they require masks.  Costa's site seems to be vague about the Lido deck and being in a gym in relations to mask usage (places where masks would inhibit oxygen consumption when needed by your body).  I really hope it is not that inclusive.

This is a deal breaker for many people (both ways) for many vacationers, so I hope there is good clarity no matter which way it falls (fingers crossed for the least masking possible).

Masks don't inhibit oxygen consumption, that has been debunked. Bring on the masks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since the on-board app was deployed I've carried my phone because it keeps the activities calendarized and you can use your phone as a key (on some ships).  But its a mixed bag, at the same time I don't like lugging a phone  BUT I do need to lug around a camera so guess its a fair trade.   Some on-board trivia games are also be piped to phones which can also add to their usefulness on-board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

Masks don't inhibit oxygen consumption, that has been debunked. Bring on the masks!

Actually, anyone with a breathing issue / trouble breathing is told not to wear masks (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html#:~:text=CDC recommends all people 2,know that they are infected.).  Why would that be if they do not inhibit breathing?  I know where you are coming from with much of MSM telling us masks are good and all, but they must inhibit breathing to a large enough degree to tell people like that not to wear them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

Actually, anyone with a breathing issue / trouble breathing is told not to wear masks (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html#:~:text=CDC recommends all people 2,know that they are infected.).  Why would that be if they do not inhibit breathing?  I know where you are coming from with much of MSM telling us masks are good and all, but they must inhibit breathing to a large enough degree to tell people like that not to wear them.

Stay home if you have health issues then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

 

or a more comedic example 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

Yupp, those anti maskers can go pound sand, and find their own cruise line 

I will be curious to see what Royal Caribbean releases.  Neither of us are on the health panel, and I doubt that anyone of the panel could give a care to either of our opinions. 

I am just hoping for some sanity and for this to be over as soon as possible.  That way, people can possibly go back to being somewhat civil (fingers crossed against all odds).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well folks I’m totally taken back by some of these comments. My wife is high risk COPD and missing half a lung. And guess what her employer considers her essential and she cannot work from home. She has not missed one day of work. And she wears a mask wherever one is required and including work. And she is looking forward to our May cruise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...