Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Lift and Shift on cancelled cruise???


Recommended Posts

First off I don't know if that is allowed. Next, do I have to pay the difference between this years rate and next years rate... Its substantial! Its a Nov 1 cruise so it happening really isn't likely. I just don't want to be the one to give up on it. One of these "extensions" will be the last. Who's to say this one isn't "THE ONE" and that my Nov 1 cruise wont be the first of the "new generation"...? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, deep1 said:

First off I don't know if that is allowed. Next, do I have to pay the difference between this years rate and next years rate... Its substantial! Its a Nov 1 cruise so it happening really isn't likely. I just don't want to be the one to give up on it. One of these "extensions" will be the last. Who's to say this one isn't "THE ONE" and that my Nov 1 cruise wont be the first of the "new generation"...? 

Yes, I believe that you have a certain amount of time to lift and shift after the cruise is cancelled. I recall each one of my cancelled sailings up until this point, people on roll calls were still shifting after the cancellation announcement. Someone correct me if I am wrong. 

If your lift and shift is successful and granted, you should not have to pay the price difference. The whole point of lift and shift is that it locks in your lower price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually going to correct myself here thinking of it some more. L&S is valid until September 30, 2020. You said that your sailing is in November, and assuming that the next round of cancellations is announced mid-September (they seem to be going month to month), you should still have time to move it after the fact. Again, someone correct me if I am not correct on this. L&S is not something I have paid much attention to since none of my sailings are moveable. But definitely people on my roll calls were moving things after the fact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Actually going to correct myself here thinking of it some more. L&S is valid until September 30, 2020. You said that your sailing is in November, and assuming that the next round of cancellations is announced mid-September (they seem to be going month to month), you should still have time to move it after the fact. Again, someone correct me if I am not correct on this. L&S is not something I have paid much attention to since none of my sailings are moveable. But definitely people on my roll calls were moving things after the fact.

Not my field of expertise either...  So... I ask... No such thing as a dumb question if we don't know the answer... I just really want the itinerary... Coco/ Coz/ Roatan/ Costa...The kids would get their first "real cruise on a floating city"" and my Fiance would get her 7 nights of pampering and hopefully a lobster night... 😄

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, deep1 said:

Not my field of expertise either...  So... I ask... No such thing as a dumb question if we don't know the answer... I just really want the itinerary... Coco/ Coz/ Roatan/ Costa...The kids would get their first "real cruise on a floating city"" and my Fiance would get her 7 nights of pampering and hopefully a lobster night... 😄

 

Do the lift and shift. You do not have to pay the difference that's the whole point of lift and shift it locks in the lower price.. I lifted and shifted our family New Years Cruise.. We were supposed to be on Allure of the Sea Dec 27 and I was able to lift and shift to Odyssey Dec 26 2021 for not 1 penny more. I got a fab deal as Odyssey was worth $1000 a person more! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

As of today Holland America and Princess have cancelled up to Dec 15. Viking has cancelled everything in 2020. One would expect there to bd a catch up from everyone soon with NCL to announce anything new before end of the month .

You're probably right.   My Nov cruise final payment is near the end of this month.  Was gambling that if I pay, can use a 125% FCC on my spring '21 cruise.  If '21 starts tanking, not sure what the remedy will be with any advanced payments we've made.  Have 4 cruises stacked up for 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, deep1 said:

First off I don't know if that is allowed

The last few rounds of cancellations have offered L&S, if that's what you're asking.

11 hours ago, deep1 said:

Next, do I have to pay the difference between this years rate and next years rate

No, that's the appeal of L&S. You keep this year's rate, but get to move it to next year. That price protection is very popular.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the process of Lift and Shifting my Jan 2021 Empress sailing to 2022 Odyssey.  I haven't received confirmation from Royal Caribbean, but the sailing is showing up on my Cruise Planner, so I'm assuming that's a good sign.  The difference between the Owner's Site on Empress and the Owner's Suite on Odyssey is $9200.  Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm in the process of Lift and Shifting my Jan 2021 Empress sailing to 2022 Odyssey.  I haven't received confirmation from Royal Caribbean, but the sailing is showing up on my Cruise Planner, so I'm assuming that's a good sign.  The difference between the Owner's Site on Empress and the Owner's Suite on Odyssey is $9200.  Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

WOW !  Waaay to go !  If it’s showing up in your online account I think you’ve done it !  That’s the best deal I’ve heard of yet !

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

WOW !  Waaay to go !  If it’s showing up in your online account I think you’ve done it !  That’s the best deal I’ve heard of yet !

And I have YOU to thank for it, because you encouraged me to have Michelle check again. So THANK YOU!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

And I have YOU to thank for it, because you encouraged me to have Michelle check again. So THANK YOU!!!! 

Yippee !  I won’t steal Michell’s laurels.  She’s THAT good. I can’t tell you how excited I am for you.  Only problem is, that OS is going to ruin you.  You might as well know that, up front.  That is just the BEST news I’ve had in the past couple of weeks.  Sooooo happy to hear it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

We L&S our April 2021 cruise to April 2022.  We stayed with the same ship and itinerary, our rate actually went down significantly.   

I have an April 2021 cruise booked (rebooked from April 2020 and used some FCC).  Looks like the same cruise itinerary and ship will sail from FLL in 2022 instead of Miami.  Do you think it is wise to forget 2021 and if so would I be able to L&S?  My only problem is I have my kids and grandkids coming along and am not sure what week in April 2022 would be their school vacation.  Also if we had sailed in 2020 all 5 grandkids were 12 and under...rebooking to 2021 only 4 are considered kids and if I move to 2022 only 3 will be "kids"!!  Ughhhh this is getting complicated! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Add me to the list of confused/not getting it! 🤣🤣 Here's my situation. I have a Nov 8 cruise on the Oasis. While I am hopeful, I doubt it will happen. It's a 7 night cruise. I paid it in full a long time ago. Now, if RCG cancels this, I would assume I can left and shift, right? Problem is, when I looked into 7 night cruises to the Caribbean next November, all I saw were two 6 night and two 8 night cruises neither of which are going where I am this November. Of the 2 options, I prefer the 8 night on the Odyssey. So, how would I figure out how much extra this would cost me? I have a great deal with a balcony this year. I'm just nervous that I will not get as nice of a room if I have to end up moving it to next year. Thanks all!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pooch said:

Crossing mine for you 🤞🏻.  I know it sounds too good to be true but it worked for me and it will work for you.  My only question is how do we go “back to the farm after we’ve seen Paree?” 😁😁

Short answer, you don't!  Welcome to the suite snob club lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CJS2766 said:

Add me to the list of confused/not getting it! 🤣🤣 Here's my situation. I have a Nov 8 cruise on the Oasis. While I am hopeful, I doubt it will happen. It's a 7 night cruise. I paid it in full a long time ago. Now, if RCG cancels this, I would assume I can left and shift, right? Problem is, when I looked into 7 night cruises to the Caribbean next November, all I saw were two 6 night and two 8 night cruises neither of which are going where I am this November. Of the 2 options, I prefer the 8 night on the Odyssey. So, how would I figure out how much extra this would cost me? I have a great deal with a balcony this year. I'm just nervous that I will not get as nice of a room if I have to end up moving it to next year. Thanks all!

You can L&S to any 7 night eastern/western (whichever you have) Caribbean cruise regardless of the ship....so if you are willing to move to a different ship (and perhaps a slightly different itinerary), you should be able to make it work.  Also, you don't have to wait until they cancel the cruise.  If you want to go ahead and L&S this cruise now, you can.

I count 5 Eastern Caribbeans and 3 Western just in the month of November 2021.  Remember that you can go +/- 4 weeks in either direction of your original date (Nov. 8,) so you can also look in late October for suitable L&S cruises as well.  The itinerary does not have to be exactly the same as the original....it just has to be labeled "eastern" or "western" as your original.

A qualified L&S cruise is price protected, so if you find a qualifying cruise that you want to L&S to, your current price is locked in.  All you would pay would be a slight difference in taxes/port fees, if there are any.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I have an April 2021 cruise booked (rebooked from April 2020 and used some FCC).  Looks like the same cruise itinerary and ship will sail from FLL in 2022 instead of Miami.  Do you think it is wise to forget 2021 and if so would I be able to L&S?  My only problem is I have my kids and grandkids coming along and am not sure what week in April 2022 would be their school vacation.  Also if we had sailed in 2020 all 5 grandkids were 12 and under...rebooking to 2021 only 4 are considered kids and if I move to 2022 only 3 will be "kids"!!  Ughhhh this is getting complicated! 

You dont have to keep the same ship.  We did because we wanted to sail out of Galveston.  I would be interested to see how they treat the kids rate since they would be considered adults in 2022.  

We arent sure what our 2 highschool kids will be doing in school in April, Ill just keep them out a week for the cruise and not worry about it.

As far as forgetting 2021, only you can make that call.  We just felt more comfortable letting this stuff pass on down the road before even trying to cruise.   I would definitely contact them and see what available options you have for L&S.  You might get an awesome upgrade shipwise and room wise for your same rate.  Cant hurt to ask!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...