What would you want to see on a new MDR menu?

On 8/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, melmar02 said:

I would love to see a "sampler" size or 1/2 portion option - you know for when you want to try 3 or 4 entrees, but you've been hanging out at the Windjammer all afternoon.

YES!  I am never able to finish my meal.  I just can't eat that much without feeling bloated and sick!  I love trying all the new foods though.  Sampler portions would be great!

On 8/2/2020 at 1:03 PM, Yo2slick said:

I just hope they keep the French Onion soup.  I ate that everyday on our last cruise.  Loved that stuff!

See, now last time I had it, I found it awful -- and I love French Onion Soup!  I really like the mushroom soup, though, and count me in as someone who would love the chilled soups back

My kids love the French Onion soup, but alot of times the temperature of the soup is way too hot and they end up adding an ice cube to cool is off. The other soups are never  that hot. Also, the chilled soups were my favorite, they usually remind me of melted ice cream or a smoothie. The strawberry was my favorite. 

I also miss the 3 salad dressings the assistant waiter came to your table with each night, so you could have as little or as much as liked on your salad. Each night was 3 new dressings

I really wish they would go back to rotating the bread options nightly.  You used to get a whole new option of warm (I won’t say they were hot...they rarely were) breads to select from every night.  Then they went to the same few standards every night and then finally, you were stuck with whatever selection of bread they put on your table every night.  That was about the time we stopped eating in the MDR - ever.

On 7/31/2020 at 7:58 PM, Ngraystark said:

Breakfast items besides eggs or pancakes/French toast.

Omlettes are eggs, but you can get them made anyway you want.  Waffles, cereals (hot n cold)  and pastries are also options.  In my opinion, I would agree that a "brunch" menu isn't available, but that's addressed in the Windjammer.   There are times I have the feeling the lines would like to further reduce the MDR sit-down options (but now with health safety protocols, the MDR may end up with expanded service because it can be better controlled)

3 minutes ago, whoa said:

I would love to see a separate "international" section in the menu which changes each night, highlighting a couple of dishes, to celebrate and recognize the many cultures that work tirelessly on the ship.

In other words, you want a return to what they had prior to about 2010.

On 8/24/2020 at 6:11 AM, HeWhoWaits said:

In other words, you want a return to what they had prior to about 2010.

On 8/24/2020 at 6:12 AM, whoa said:

I only started cruising in 2016 so I wouldn't know. Sure.

You know what they say, what's old is new again. Some of the best new ideas are just recycled old ideas.

I've said it before, they have a million different ingredients on board. It shouldn't be that hard to come up with a rotating menu. Take your main proteins and do them each 10 different ways. I'm not talking nightly, per se, but it would definitely be feasible to do one quarterly. Not offer the same menu for 4-5 years. I've worked in and around the hospitality industry for more years than I care to admit and I know it came be done.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:54 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I really wish they would go back to rotating the bread options nightly.  You used to get a whole new option of warm (I won’t say they were hot...they rarely were) breads to select from every night.  Then they went to the same few standards every night and then finally, you were stuck with whatever selection of bread they put on your table every night.  That was about the time we stopped eating in the MDR - ever.

When I first started cruising on Royal Caribbean, I remember they didn't have bread baskets on the table. The assistant waiter would come around and give you a single piece, and you could always ask for more. I know more recently there are now bread baskets on every table. Although I love my bread basket (and usually finish it), I notice how much bread is wasted when it is on every single table. I understand it is less work for the assistant waiters since they are already so busy,  but I believe they should go back to the old method and only provide the baskets on request. I feel bad with all of the wasted food and it hurts me to see all the uneaten bread.