Royal Caribbean Blog

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It looks like there is a new format for searching cruises.  This is how the search return came in for my 3 night NAV 6 Nov cruise.

Now if they would just STOP with the cookie they indefinitely store that takes you to /booked

And for the love, WHEN will they change it to show us the refundable price BEFORE we have to enter name/address/signooverfirstbornchild?

Posted Images

It works in Mozilla Firefox too, I actually like this new layout..........but prices have increased. Part of my S2S that wasn't a L&S has increased quite a bit. Don't get me wrong it is still cheaper than a hotel, food and transportation but after I add my extras, it will be right at the edge.

It’s funny, I was just thinking the other day how much better the website used to be a few years ago. Royal must be one of the few companies that continually takes away functionality from the website.

Remember when you could

• View all the payment information on one tab with the timeline that showed amount paid, final payment date, amount owning etc. 
  • sort cruises by cabin class price rather than the lcheapest cabin.
  • cancel a cruise
  • upgrade your cabin without calling
  • update your crown and anchor preferences

And these are just the ones I remember.

How I long for the good old days of not having to contact their frustrating Call Centre

45 minutes ago, twangster said:

They are not encouraging refundable deposits, they don't want to lead with it.  They want NRD to be the norm.

I see why they are pushing the NRD but ive also found that after typing in all of mine and my passengers information the price often decreases.  This is after filling in the "State and C&A" number on the 2nd step of the booking.

57 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

In my experience all website bookings by default are NON REF generally. Its always best to book over the phone if one wants to explore categories in a refundable.

I could ask my travel agent, but I simply do it to check for price drops. Not a chance in hell I'm calling Royal Caribbean.

27 minutes ago, marti314 said:

I see why they are pushing the NRD but ive also found that after typing in all of mine and my passengers information the price often decreases.  This is after filling in the "State and C&A" number on the 2nd step of the booking.

Lucky you, my pricing stays the same throughout.  CAS discounts seem to apply before cabin selection for me.

The price difference between "you pick your room or we pick your room" is HUGE. Its 200 bucks difference on the one cruise I checked. I don't remember the difference being that huge in the past. Overall I think the update is OK. I'll have to play around with it more and use it more to really get a feel for it. 

11 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

Why not? It's super easy to call and get around hold times.

#1 - I can never understand them through the heavy accents.  and #2) I spent 10 years with a headset on my head for 10-14 hours a night answering phone calls. The LAST thing I ever want to do is call someone on the phone. Anyone. Ever.

56 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

#1 - I can never understand them through the heavy accents.  and #2) I spent 10 years with a headset on my head for 10-14 hours a night answering phone calls. The LAST thing I ever want to do is call someone on the phone. Anyone. Ever.

39 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@SpeedNoodles OMG this so much. Calling is the last resort for me, which is why I am super grateful for my TA. I also find the CSRs to sometimes be ignorant of new polices. I don't want to have to get the "right" CSR to get things resolved.

Another +1 for #teamnophone.  I don't even like to pick up a phone to order pizza.  

3 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

My research: 

Chrome: new format

Firefox: new format

Edge: old format

Internet Explorer: won't even flipping load

Odd, I am on Chrome and it is still showing the old format.