Website Update ?

56 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

#1 - I can never understand them through the heavy accents.  and #2) I spent 10 years with a headset on my head for 10-14 hours a night answering phone calls. The LAST thing I ever want to do is call someone on the phone. Anyone. Ever.

39 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@SpeedNoodles OMG this so much. Calling is the last resort for me, which is why I am super grateful for my TA. I also find the CSRs to sometimes be ignorant of new polices. I don't want to have to get the "right" CSR to get things resolved.

Another +1 for #teamnophone.  I don't even like to pick up a phone to order pizza.  

8 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

I work in IT.  It's possible that they've only updated one of their servers so far.  So it depends what server you hit, if you get the old or new site.  We often have a 2 night deployment. Possible explanation.

That makes sense and would certainly explain why I had the new format one day and was back to the old format the next. 

Just out of curiosity, is it purely random which server you hit when you visit a site that uses more than one? Or does it depend on the traffic each server is experiencing at the time you visit or something like that?

6 hours ago, FionaMG said:

That makes sense and would certainly explain why I had the new format one day and was back to the old format the next. 

Just out of curiosity, is it purely random which server you hit when you visit a site that uses more than one? Or does it depend on the traffic each server is experiencing at the time you visit or something like that?

Not sure...would depend on how they implement it (if that's even why some=times new, sometimes old)

Today I am hitting the site, but I can't get past the screen to enter the details to see the refundable rates.  Keeps getting stuck.

11 minutes ago, FloTown Cruiser said:

Has anyone been able to get it to take your Crown and Anchor number (when entering state, over 55, military, etc.) for the discount?  I can see that it is taking my state and over 55 status, but not my C&R number.

Works for me, yesterday and right now.  

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

YIPPEE !!!!  I just noticed that they have added a "back to the search results" link so now you don't have to use the back arrow 12 times to get back to your list results !  They must have read our post !

Interesting...I'm not noticing this but maybe similar to how before some got the new view and some got the old view.

Now if only they would fix the pricing errors.  You enter your C&A upfront, but it doesn't use it in the pricing until you click all the way through the mock booking where you enter your details (and re-enter your c&a info).

Also noticed a strange error yesterday.  When I selected my Oasis cruise, which includes Labadee, San Juan and a couple other stops...it switched the itinerary to Perfect Day with St martin and St thomas when 'view itinerary details' link on the the left nav.  Ugh.

Definitely still have a few kinks to work out.

Just out of curiosity does anyone get serious "bouncing" when on certain pages of the Royal website? I have it book marked to go straight to my "Upcoming cruises" page so I log in automatically. When I go to the home page from there I get one picture of a ship, it bounces a few times and I get a different picture of a ship as it settles down on the home page. Then when I click "Find a cruise" I get serious "bouncing" before it settles down and I can begin my search. Very strange website to say the least for such a large company. ?

2 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Just out of curiosity does anyone get serious "bouncing" when on certain pages of the Royal website? I have it book marked to go straight to my "Upcoming cruises" page so I log in automatically. When I go to the home page from there I get one picture of a ship, it bounces a few times and I get a different picture of a ship as it settles down on the home page. Then when I click "Find a cruise" I get serious "bouncing" before it settles down and I can begin my search. Very strange website to say the least for such a large company. ?

Yes !  I hate it so much !

20 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Interesting...I'm not noticing this but maybe similar to how before some got the new view and some got the old view.

Now if only they would fix the pricing errors.  You enter your C&A upfront, but it doesn't use it in the pricing until you click all the way through the mock booking where you enter your details (and re-enter your c&a info).

Also noticed a strange error yesterday.  When I selected my Oasis cruise, which includes Labadee, San Juan and a couple other stops...it switched the itinerary to Perfect Day with St martin and St thomas when 'view itinerary details' link on the the left nav.  Ugh.

Definitely still have a few kinks to work out.

It was always there. Take a look at your first post and images in this thread

5 minutes ago, Bakerchief said:

Can anyone tell me how to update my status on this blog? I'm Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean (559 points) but my profile is showing me as Pre-Gold.

Status on this blog is based on how much content you've posted. Not associated with your C&A status. 

Me thinks they are still having issues with their website....or it's just Royal math...

I wish room 1 was only $4 (and I guess that is why 30% off is only $1, rounded down).  Pretty sure the total is correct but the separate numbers sure are off!  PS - This is a refundable rate so also interesting that a NRD is included...lol

image.thumb.png.c92f0036c7fa97b35d0156ca9f7a621b.png