AshleyDillo

SOLOasis redubbed YOLOasis Thanksgiving of the Seas Nov24, 2019 - Dec1, 2019

After Johnnny Rockets, I ended up at the Diamond Lounge where I ran into @Matt and his family.  We commisserated on being #teamnoDX for the cruise and swapped stories of the day.  We have a Giovannis reservation and Diamond Lounge snacks are serving as pre-dinner, so I'm doing it right.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@AshleyDillo just wondering, does Oasis  have 2 ice shows and 2 aqua theatre shows like the other Oasis class ships? Is there a week at a glance print out of the shows that you could post? 

Doesn't look like they have 2 different ones.20191126_213700.thumb.jpg.791313f343de952ef577899f4f62fbc4.jpg

3 course meals are too long and exhausting for me.  I want access to the food without having the dining experience.  That would sell me on the Ultimate Dining Package every time.

Giovannis filet was great and they have so much more on the menu I want to try.  I can't eat much in one sitting, so it is trying.

Waiting for One Sky to start but they are having technical difficulties.  This is why you always try to front load the week on Oasis class ships..in case of rescheduled shows.

Womp, womp.  Show canceled.

20191126_214424.jpg

So last night was windy.  Yes, the Solarium sun deck is windy when the ship is sailing..very windy.  The clamshell covers are flapping in the breeze.

I meandered and eventually went to bed at a respectable hour.  Noticed a special delivery in my cabin from the cavity fairy:

20191126_230250.thumb.jpg.4633bf48ee8565e2723f8ef41c54694d.jpg

Forgot to set out the room service hanger so like a plebian I had to fetch my own coffee this morning.  We aren't due to port in San Juan until 1pm, so I opted to avoid any Windjammer madhouse for mini-Windjammer (aka the Solarium)

Nice to eat breakfast with a view

20191127_090659.thumb.jpg.abb7016d37eb34d9f7db997ada710ca8.jpg

For those opposed to health food @Dan Curtis the Solarium has typical breakfast items buffet style

20191127_082913.thumb.jpg.6c2bf4516bb250765bcb2b0a2ba99bbb.jpg

20191127_091201.thumb.jpg.6c93e0a450d434041513bab80d7b8bcc.jpg

20191127_091148.thumb.jpg.c2535b7d22ae16360f987085719f4d7d.jpg

Today's drink of the day..woooo x2 (+18%)

20191127_095646.thumb.jpg.0397d5fd84b8e066e9b8a1274fed6214.jpg

It's almost weird being on a long cruise again.  My last cruise on Allure was shortened to 4 days because of Hurricane Dorian.  My Harmomy cruise was a 3-nighter special sailing that they do when there's a charter for the other 4 days. Before that was Mariner..so it's been a while!

14 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Is that little overlook area at CP new ?  I don’t remember seeing that before

No clue..this is my first time on this lady.  I didn't notice or pay attention on any of the other 3.  The door seemed rickety and difficult enough when I opened it to be new.  It did not have that new door smell.

However the new hallway of the new inside rooms on the way to the new card room that has taken over where the Diamond Lounge used to be on 11 and 12 kind of has a new smell to it.

I am so loving this blog.

Coupla thoughts:  

How do they get their bacon so thin you can practically read a newspaper through it?

THANK YOU for the heads up on the little overlook for central park.  I love that area.

I'm curious as to what the deal is with SJ and Royal.  Are they cancelling the ports or not? 

RC says they haven't heard anything, but the locals are saying RC is pulling out almost completely.

eta:  You are subtly hilarious!  

55 minutes ago, Floski said:

How do they get their bacon so thin you can practically read a newspaper through it?

I enjoy the thin bacon.  It fools you into thinking it's ok to eat more just because it's thin 😉

56 minutes ago, Floski said:

I'm curious as to what the deal is with SJ and Royal.  Are they cancelling the ports or not? 

My take on it is they already canceled the ports.  The Telemundo article that everyone is up in arms over just got the dates wrong.  The cancellations were for the 2021-2022 season which are the itineraries that were *just* released.  It also coincides with the two ports in the Puerto Plata and Antigua that a lot of the newly released eastern Caribbean itineraries are calling on.  The cruiselines book their slots at the ports way in advance so Royal could have had the placeholder bookings which were the ones canceled. 

They removed some San Juan stops before the itineraries were even released which saves them all the backlash and worry that this article is causing that they "canceled" San Juan from itineraries. Sure they might have, but they weren't itineraries that were available for booking yet.  They did delay their release schedule by a couple of weeks here recently.

But I know nothing for fact. This is just more of my take on the conspiracy theory.

Since it's a late port night and we have a late show I made the executive decision to push our 7:30 reservation at Chops up to 5:45pm to get first dinner out of the way.  Fortunately my mother agreed so I used the app to secure the early dining time I discovered.  This gives us time to eat and for me to run out and check out San Juan a bit for our all aboard at 10:30.

Our One Sky show was rescheduled for this evening.  What's nice about the reservations system is they rebooked everyone automatically who had reservations to the disrupted show last night.