AshleyDillo

SOLOasis redubbed YOLOasis Thanksgiving of the Seas Nov24, 2019 - Dec1, 2019

I have a thought on the UDP with Port Side BBQ. It sounds like they are doing the right thing (bbq wise) and making/smoking the meats daily, and have a limited supply. The prices arent very high. I wonder if they are lowering the daily rate you can use so that they can help stretch their daily supply of meats etc.

19 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

I have a thought on the UDP with Port Side BBQ. It sounds like they are doing the right thing (bbq wise) and making/smoking the meats daily, and have a limited supply. The prices arent very high. I wonder if they are lowering the daily rate you can use so that they can help stretch their daily supply of meats etc.

I think $20/visit is reasonable.  Spending more for one person would be tough as it would be quite a bit of food in one sitting.  But to cap it per day is a bit much with the terms of the plan written the way they are.

16 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

mbined with it also being the group cruise I felt like every single moment of that cruise was scheduled for me.

I originally had a CP double balcony room (cabin numbers ending in 229 and 629)

Are all Oasis Class ships like this with the double balconies of those rooms?  I'm doing Harmony next year and one of these are available.  

Really enjoying your journey so far.  Have a great time!

48 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Are all Oasis Class ships like this with the double balconies of those rooms?  I'm doing Harmony next year and one of these are available.  

Really enjoying your journey so far.  Have a great time!

Yes!  Be aware there is a storeroom next door and it can get a little clangy at early hours if you are noise sensitive!

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

All the other ships are sailing off.  We are waiting for a grand finale send off.  Horn battle with Explorer of the Seas as they passed got tons of laughs up on the new Solarium sun deck.

High tide is 6:38pm.  Likely last on purpose.  The closer they are to high tide the better the safety margin.  

So I am torn on this new Solarium sun deck.  It by itself is an amazing place. Plenty of chairs and there are some clam shell things and no children. Kind of similar to the Carnival Serenity deck.

However I understand there used to be all this enclosed Solarium space right up against the windows that had a direct oceanview with no obstructions.

20191124_182032.thumb.jpg.260c133fef9bf52378a2b6e21ff8be28.jpg

There is really none of that now. If you go to the size of the solarium there is but it's limited to maybe 10 or 15 chairs worth of loungers.

20191124_182310.thumb.jpg.1ced2f50d2fe9ac94a1ebccea5d6312c.jpg