Royal Caribbean Blog

Boston Hotel Recommendations Please.

47 minutes ago, 12thman said:

@WAAAYTOOOare you going on the group cruise? If so do you think a suite is worth it? There's on a 2 bedroom and Royal left. Couldn't see spending that much for that class of ship.

Yes, we are on the GC out of Boston and very excited.  Dan has been after me to book a NE/CAN cruise for years and I kept shoving it to the back of the list....but this time, we're going to do it !!

Yes, we are in an Owner's Suite and you are right, it is pricey...but we are so completely and utterly spoiled that on a 7 night cruise I really need my suite !  It's funny b/c for MONTHS there were 2 OS left and then suddenly...poof...one day they were both gone at the same time.  There are only 2 situations where I would not spend the money for a full suite....that is on a Vision class ship (I HATE the location of the full suites. They are waaay out of the way from where I want to be most of the time and they are noisy) and on a very short cruise (3 or 4 nights), where I think the suites are waaay overpriced on a per-night basis - particularly on NAV.

If Matt and Annette book a group hotel, we will stay there if it is a Marriott property.  Otherwise, we will find a close Marriott property and stay with points.  I still have a brazillion points I need to use with Marriott.

Just now, 12thman said:

There's not much in way of what an Oasis class ship offers suite guest so I wasn't sure it would be worth the price jump?

I can't really fault your logic here.  Without a Suites Lounge, no Suites restaurant and no complimentary internet to go along with the full suite, I can't argue that the value for a full suite isn't as evident as it is on an O or Q class ship.  We just like the extra room and the convenient location but those suites are just going to keep going up in price as the sail date approaches.  Maybe there will be a RoyalUp !!

While I wasn't there for a cruise, I've stayed at the Element in Boston on D Street and really enjoyed it.  It had to be less than a mile from the terminal.  They definitely had a safe in the closet, so it sounds like it'll check all of your boxes @12thman.  I also believe it is in the Marriott family (it's Element by Westin), so that should make @WAAAYTOOO happy, too!  😉

8 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

While I wasn't there for a cruise, I've stayed at the Element in Boston on D Street and really enjoyed it.  It had to be less than a mile from the terminal.  They definitely had a safe in the closet, so it sounds like it'll check all of your boxes @12thman.  I also believe it is in the Marriott family (it's Element by Westin), so that should make @WAAAYTOOO happy, too!  😉

Thanks! I'll check that out as well. 

I love The Langham Boston but usually stay at the Hilton Faneuil Hall because I am an ultra loyal Hilton Honors member. Love that free water on check in! 

I have also stayed a few times at The Verb and really enjoyed the rooms/50's kitsch but that's for Red Sox games and is out of the way. The other two are much closer to the cruise port. 🙂

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

...and I thought we might have been friends....

😪😁

NOoooo!! Did Hilton do you wrong or is your Marriott preference just by chance of having stayed there the most? I stumbled into Silver level membership a few years back by "accidentally" booking the Hilton Anaheim too many times to more-easily do Disney and have stayed loyal just because I skyrocketed to the top! haha 

But but we can still be friends because I, too, am a suite gal through and through. Living for the day I will get above JS status. 😂

Just now, DDaley said:

NOoooo!! Did Hilton do you wrong or is your Marriott preference just by chance of having stayed there the most? I stumbled into Silver level membership a few years back by "accidentally" booking the Hilton Anaheim too many times to more-easily do Disney and have stayed loyal just because I skyrocketed to the top! haha 

But but we can still be friends because I, too, am a suite gal through and through. Living for the day I will get above JS status. 😂

LOL.  Kidding, of course.

My story is pretty much the same as yours.  No particular reason other than I managed to attain a pretty high status from all of my biz travel.  I just keep that ball rollin' !!

...and as Lovetocruise2002 will tell you, DON'T DO IT ! (go above JS).  It will ruin you forever !

5 hours ago, 12thman said:

Looking for hotel recommendations for Boston for October 2020. We'll want to stay several days so something nice, also must have a in room safe. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Before we cancelled the Brilliance GC, I was set to book Intercontinental Boston.  It is beautiful and very close to the port.  Right along the water and close to many restaurants within walking distance.

40 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

..and as Lovetocruise2002 will tell you, DON'T DO IT ! (go above JS).  It will ruin you forever !

^^^ True Story.  Had our first taste of suites when we cruised Harmony the first time in a GS.  Then we couldn't go back to balcony.  Then we did Star and we were forever ruined. lol

40 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

...and as Lovetocruise2002 will tell you, DON'T DO IT ! (go above JS).  It will ruin you forever !

Hah! It's already ruined me when it comes to the larger bathroom, I will not go back to the curtain-clinging shower stall! 

I am a little worried my Signature Suite on HAL will further distance me from the traditional balcony cabin sized shower as for some reason their SS category has TWO full size showers in the bathroom! 😱

39 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Before we cancelled the Brilliance GC, I was set to book Intercontinental Boston.  It is beautiful and very close to the port.  Right along the water and close to many restaurants within walking distance.

^^^ True Story.  Had our first taste of suites when we cruised Harmony the first time in a GS.  Then we couldn't go back to balcony.  Then we did Star and we were forever ruined. lol

Thanks I'll add that to my list. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Will you also be on the Group Cruise?

Hopefully my MEI t/a is holding a Junior suite. Depends on how much vacation time I'll get next year. Doing Alaska next year on NCL because we did our honeymoon on them. Plus NCL has been in Seattle for 20 years next year. But I really enjoy Royal so I'm looking at more cruises on Royal. Hopefully Europe, Asia, and Australia.