Allure 2020 Upgrade Details Announced

1 hour ago, twangster said:

You should start a separate thread on the unofficial GC, sort of roll call type post to consolidate all unofficial GC chatter. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I booked this one but will have to slum it in an Owners Suite.  Unlikely SC will open with all you SC hogs on there !  ???

Done.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/14060-allure-03142021/

1 hour ago, KathyC said:

I'll be happy to report in on the newly amp'ed Allure as we'll be on her third sailing post-dry dock in May 2020.  Of course, we're in lowly CP balconies, so the suite snobs will have to wait for someone with a larger cruise budget than us to show you all the new stuff I won't be allowed into. ? 

Yippee !!  We will have some pre-cruise recon intel.  Awesome !

New deck plans are out. Giovanni's is taking over the Vintages space as expected. 

Interestingly it doesn't show cabins in the former Diamond Club space like Oasis. It also has an unchanged Adventure Ocean with no cabins at the front of deck 14. 

A change from Oasis? Or an oversight on the part of the deck plan artist?

4 hours ago, OrlandoC said:

New deck plans are out. Giovanni's is taking over the Vintages space as expected. 

Interestingly it doesn't show cabins in the former Diamond Club space like Oasis. It also has an unchanged Adventure Ocean with no cabins at the front of deck 14. 

A change from Oasis? Or an oversight on the part of the deck plan artist?

Maybe they just aren't complete yet?

I know that everybody is talking about the cost $165M which is nothing to sneeze at, but it's probably what like 10% of the original cost of the ship? Nice investment in just a 10yo ship. We should all be happy with the fact that RCCL isn't resting on their laurels and are constantly upgrading the guest experience.

A big thank you to all of you that helped pay for the upgrades! ?

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

This sounds like a stupid question, but do you think the original decor in the public areas on OA & AL will change? I prefer the colours of the decor on those ships vs. Harmony & Symphony.

I don't think that would change. Could be totally wrong, but I don't recall that being part of other amplifications

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't think that would change. Could be totally wrong, but I don't recall that being part of other amplifications

I don't think it was for the others, except maybe Navigator (at least with cabins).

The idea of Oasis/Allure decor + Harmony/Symphony additions sounds like a winning ship to me.

• 2 years later...
On 7/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, twangster said:

Hi. I know this was from 2 years ago. My question is, did these upgrades get done do you know? With Covid hitting in early 2020, are all these upgrades currently on Allure?

23 minutes ago, Jennifer Burke said:

UGH. That stinks. Is there a big windy slide (not just for kids) currently on Allure?  I know, random question

No. She’s the last of the original Oasis class. Kind of wish they’d keep her that way.  All those slides take away from the ship IMO

21 minutes ago, Jennifer Burke said:

So even sans the waterslide, Allure is still updated enough to enjoy? Going in Dec. Just upgraded to a balcony. Hope it is worth it!

I’ve not been on her but have been on oasis 3 times and symphony next month and harmony in March. 

Allure has a huge fan club! The current cruise director is really good too and pretty sure he’s onboard through December. If you’re on Facebook, go follow him. Marc Walker: 

https://www.facebook.com/bingbongcruisedirector/

39 minutes ago, Jennifer Burke said:

So even sans the waterslide, Allure is still updated enough to enjoy? Going in Dec. Just upgraded to a balcony. Hope it is worth it!

Allure did receive some minor updates such as new pool deck chairs and handwashing stations in the Windjammer.

I was on the last Allure sailing when the shutdown occurred in 2020 and the first sailing fo the restart on the test sailing in July 2021.  In my opinion she is a great ship.  She missed out on the water slides and new restaurants like Playmakers but even without these updates she is still a great ship. 

I have future cruises booked on her despite knowing she missed her amplification.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Allure did receive some minor updates such as new pool deck chairs and handwashing stations in the Windjammer.

I was on the last Allure sailing when the shutdown occurred in 2020 and the first sailing fo the restart on the test sailing in July 2021.  In my opinion she is a great ship.  She missed out on the water slides and new restaurants like Playmakers but even without these updates she is still a great ship. 

I have future cruises booked on her despite knowing she missed her amplification.  

@twangsterdo you think she may get her Amp next spring before she starts Europe for summer/fall 2022? 

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Great. thank you for telling me that!