Jump to content
Lovetocruise2002

“I Dream of Genie” – Star Class - Harmony of the Seas – 03/10/19-03/17/19

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

Live your report.  And always good to have other cruises to look forward to.  Have you been on Anthem before?  That's our next March break.  Neat too you'll catch her post dry dock.

P.S. -i find creating a nice photo book helps with post cruise depression

Yes. This will be our second time on Anthem. I don’t know how much I will blog this time since it will be a GC and we have the same room and I already blogged it last year. We will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes. This will be our second time on Anthem. I don’t know how much I will blog this time since it will be a GC and we have the same room and I already blogged it last year. We will see.

Oh, I see it now in your signature.  Will definitely read through it. 🙂

Your kids enjoyed?  Seems like it'll be different kind of ship from other Royal ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Oh, I see it now in your signature.  Will definitely read through it. 🙂

Your kids enjoyed?  Seems like it'll be different kind of ship from other Royal ships.

It is. I have a love/hate relationship with Anthem. We are sailing it again because it is: a chance to sail with friends, going to Bermuda, in the summer. I don’t really care for the ship itself.

I wrote about it in length in my blog 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It is. I have a love/hate relationship with Anthem. We are sailing it again because it is: a chance to sail with friends, going to Bermuda, in the summer. I don’t really care for the ship itself.

I wrote about it in length in my blog 😊

Will take a read. Sounds like a great opportunity even if not your favorite ship.  I'm excited to try it out.  We're going in March which means a couple cooler days but I'm sure we'll still enjoy.  Will just be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally caught up on this live blog, and you did such an amazing job with this!

giphy.gif

(This GIF is like looking in the mirror)

I really enjoyed it, and loved how much of the cruise experience you shared. The fact you made those gifts for your Genie is such a great idea!

Can't wait for the Anthem GC!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 8:24 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have a love/hate relationship with Anthem. We are sailing it again because it is: a chance to sail with friends, going to Bermuda, in the summer. I don’t really care for the ship itself.

Wow, I don't know if I want to be excited or depressed spending 9 days with you, lol.

I will have basically 5 months from my star class and you will have 3, hopefully you and the DW can console each other. Knowing her, with kids around she will be in full Grandmother mode...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matt said:

Finally caught up on this live blog, and you did such an amazing job with this!

giphy.gif

(This GIF is like looking in the mirror)

Wow!  You sure put on a great disguise whenever you go live on social media! 🤣

5 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Wow, I don't know if I want to be excited or depressed spending 9 days with you, lol.

Well, many have told me that I am a bad influence to be around so be forewarned.  By the time your DW and I are through 9 days, I cannot promise what kind of dent that will put in your bank account. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Wow!  You sure put on a great disguise whenever you go live on social media! 🤣

Well, many have told me that I am a bad influence to be around so be forewarned.  By the time your DW and I are through 9 days, I cannot promise what kind of dent that will put in your bank account. 😁

OK, she said it's on, she is a shopaholic, she can shop with the best.

From 39 years of experience I can testify that is a true statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tiny260 said:

she is a shopaholic, she can shop with the best.

From 39 years of experience I can testify that is a true statement

Going on 47 years of experience here and my wife now has her third degree black belt in shopping....she lost her credit card a few weeks ago and I didn't report it....whoever found her card and was using it was spending less than she was. So when we go shopping, I always hold her hand...that way she can't spend any money. My wife can't resist a sale, especially if it's marked down....last week she came home with an escalator!! (Thank you Rodney Dangerfield) :3_grin::3_grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just never scrolled enough to get this far so I completely missed this entire live blog (and the run up to it!). But I read all of your entries here tonight and it was great fun! I was so glad that you and your family has this experience and you will get joy on and on remembering it. Next time I will try to make the party before it’s over!!

Lynn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, rjac said:

Going on 47 years of experience here and my wife now has her third degree black belt in shopping....she lost her credit card a few weeks ago and I didn't report it....whoever found her card and was using it was spending less than she was. So when we go shopping, I always hold her hand...that way she can't spend any money. My wife can't resist a sale, especially if it's marked down....last week she came home with an escalator!! (Thank you Rodney Dangerfield) :3_grin::3_grin:

Any sign with the word "CLEARANCE" is the bane of my existence...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! I just wanted to jump back on and say thanks to all of those that answered my Star class questions and a special thanks again for this awesome live blog @Lovetocruise2002! Our Symphony Cruise was amazing. Our genie, Alina, was phenomenal and made everything extra special for the kids. I have no idea how you manage to live blog your cruise because I barely had time to take pictures we were having so much fun! Lol.  We’ve already booked again for June on Radiance (alas, no genie) to celebrate my oldest son’s high school graduation. Thanks again for all of the advice! We were nervous but it was all amazing just as you said it would be!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Minicruiser said:

Hi all! I just wanted to jump back on and say thanks to all of those that answered my Star class questions and a special thanks again for this awesome live blog @Lovetocruise2002! Our Symphony Cruise was amazing. Our genie, Alina, was phenomenal and made everything extra special for the kids. I have no idea how you manage to live blog your cruise because I barely had time to take pictures we were having so much fun! Lol.  We’ve already booked again for June on Radiance (alas, no genie) to celebrate my oldest son’s high school graduation. Thanks again for all of the advice! We were nervous but it was all amazing just as you said it would be!

Glad to hear that Alina was good to you and your kiddos and that you had a great time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Minicruiser glad to hear that you had a great time and that Alina was awesome!  From what I know, she is newer, and it is comforting to know that there are good ones replacing the wonderful genies that have been leaving lately. 

So Radiance huh?  I can't go there....😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Minicruiser glad to hear that you had a great time and that Alina was awesome!  From what I know, she is newer, and it is comforting to know that there are good ones replacing the wonderful genies that have been leaving lately. 

So Radiance huh?  I can't go there....😄

Uh oh, don’t scare me like that. I know it’s a small ship, but is it really that bad? Ovation was going to be crazy expensive for 6 of us this summer and we found a 2 bedroom owners suite on Radiance. Going more for the itinerary than the ship on this one....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Minicruiser said:

Uh oh, don’t scare me like that. I know it’s a small ship, but is it really that bad? Ovation was going to be crazy expensive for 6 of us this summer and we found a 2 bedroom owners suite on Radiance. Going more for the itinerary than the ship on this one....

Radiance class ships are gorgeous. The glass everywhere is incredible - it doesn't hide you away from the ocean.  I haven't been on Oasis/Quantum class ships yet, but I do like Radiance  class much more than Voyageur class ships (they just look like shopping malls to me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I haven't been on Oasis/Quantum class ships yet, but I do like Radiance  class much more than Voyageur class ships (they just look like shopping malls to me).

Quantum class' VIA / Royal Esplanade area looks even more like an indoor mall than the Royal Promenade on Voyager / Freedom class, with very little in the way of views outside until you get aft / over by Two70 Lounge. Unfortunately it's something of a required aspect of being a cold-weather ship -- not nearly as much glass in the public spaces, with the very notable exception of the Solarium. That space is fantastic for the outside view of the water as you're lounging in a hot tub or one of the many waterfall-style shallow pools, or enjoying a lounger at the very front of the space, or sitting at the bar enjoying a beverage. Two70 Lounge and CK also have lots of big windows for great views and water connection, and the MDR might have that as well (haven't been so can't say). But the other big public areas like Music Hall, Seaplex, Schooner Bar, Boleros, etc. have no windows or only a few smaller-size ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It will still be great!  I am just a big ship girl 😉

We like the big ships too and planned our last trip around being on Symphony. But....I’m hoping Alaska is different....more about the destination and less about the ship. We have long port excursions every day except two, which is quite different from our symphony trip. Fingers crossed that my kids don’t get bored!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said, I loved this blog. It's clear you adore Oasis class, so I'm curious to see how (if) we like Quantum Class, because I read your blog on Anthem too. I've been lurking for the past month. 😊 I'm getting ready to write my blog this upcoming week as we return to RCI after 10+ years on Anthem ourselves. But know that thanks to you, I'm researching Star Class on Oasis when she comes to NJ. Thank you again. 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't sure I would like Anthem as I am also a O Class fan but I did enjoy our B2B on Anthem.  I actually think Dan prefers Anthem to the O class as he loved, loved, loved 270 and doesn't have a particular love for the Aquatheater.  I truly love them both.  Anthem is very different from the other ship classes but it's a beautiful ship.  Enjoy your cruise on her !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Like I said, I loved this blog. It's clear you adore Oasis class, so I'm curious to see how (if) we like Quantum Class, because I read your blog on Anthem too. I've been lurking for the past month. 😊 I'm getting ready to write my blog this upcoming week as we return to RCI after 10+ years on Anthem ourselves. But know that thanks to you, I'm researching Star Class on Oasis when she comes to NJ. Thank you again. 😍

Funny, this is a conversation Hubby and I had the other day about Star class on O vs. Q class.  I feel like it would be hard to decide which is better as they are different.  Q class has a lot more activities that the Genie can be of value in securing for you (Bumper cars, iFly, North Star, etc.) whereas O class has a lot more dining venues and shows that can be taken advantage of when sailing Star Class. 

For us, it is always going to be O class over Q, whether it be star class or not.  That is simply because we like the venues on that class of ship best.  Q class is not bad, but Central Park, the Aqua Theater and Boardwalk, and the location of the Suite Lounge/CK makes O class the clear winner for us.  We're sailing Anthem again in a few months.  It's sort of my way of giving her another chance.  This time in a different season (summer).

You will have a fantastic time on your cruise!  It's a cruise after all. Can't wait to read your blog!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...