Jump to content

Very bad news for Sweety...


WAAAYTOOO
 Share

Recommended Posts

...and all others who love Red Velvet Cake.

We went to dinner last night at Chops (we are on Liberty) and when it was time for dessert, I was anticipating the Red Velvet Cake.  Much to my disappointment, I was informed that the RVC has been removed from the menu !  I don’t know if this is just for Liberty or if it is fleet-wide.

I settled for the apple pie ala mode, completely forgetting that their apple pie contains raisins <shudder> so I had the 1-2 punch of the extreme disappointments of no RVC and having to dig those noxious nodules from my second choice dessert.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We went to dinner last night at Chops (we are on Liberty) and when it was time for dessert, I was anticipating the Red Velvet Cake.  Much to my disappointment, I was informed that the RVC has been removed from the menu !  I don’t know if this is just for Liberty or if it is fleet-wide.

 

There must be an international shortage of red velvet... ?   You must recall when the snail population was decimated years ago, leading to the dropping of escargot from the MDR menu.  But with quick and decisive actions (and believe me, snails are anything but quick and decisive), the snail population recovered and the little buggers, sans shell, are now back on the menu.  And what about the world wide shortage of banana daquiri mix the occurred about 2 years ago?  Once RCI found out the Amazon.Com had tons of the stuff for only $8.95 per barrel (and like crude oil, there is about 55 gallons per barrel), then banana daquiris were back on the bar menu.  So maybe the world wide shortage of red velvet is just temporary...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will hijack my own thread and turn this into a kind of mini review of this week’s Liberty cruise.

This is the first cruise EVER where the ships water was skunky. It just has a weird taste. Thankfully we both have the drink pkg so we have been drinking bottled water.

We have an absolutely gorgeous Owners Suite which we got at a steal.  It was originally a comped balcony from the casino which I was able to upgrade through the casino folks to a JR suite and then finally to the OS. I have no idea how I got so lucky but it was just $498 total AND they did not charge us the increased suites daily gratuity (we had already prepaid the normal daily grat) so I’m just marking this one up to being in the right place at the right time and lucking out with the right Club Royale agent on the other end of the line.  The room is perfect. Great location, great size and configuration and of course, all of the wonderful suites amenities.  The only negative thing about the room is that the mattress is as hard as a rock.  The room attendant has put mattress pads and duvets on it but it’s just....hard.  Dan says that this is his favorite room of all time which includes the 2 BR Aqua Theater Suites and the Star Loft. We’ve decided that a bidet is a must-add at home.  Lol  I have pix but no way to post them until I get home  

Saturday Night Fever was ok. We both thought it was a little bit long. It was nice to have a new show to see. The ice show (Encore) was good...typical of the ice shows on other ships. Haven’t gone to any other shows.

We went to Johnny Rockets for lunch today. The cover charge was $11.74 per person which was $9.95 ea plus grats. Since we both have the DBP we got the milk shakes for nothing.  Score !!  We asked the question of whether, if we had the Unlimited Dining Pkg (which we don’t) if JR would be included and she told us “yes” so JR is included in the UDP.  The shakes are only included if you have the DBP.

The internet has been horrible. It drops every couple of minutes and I have lost a number of posts to this site as a result. I purchased it in combination with the drinks pkg but will likely not do so again based on my experience this time.  

We we have a 5 night dining pkg and have gone to Giovanni’s twice, Chops once, Sabor once and will go to Sabor again tomorrow night.  We had 1 dinner in our suite from the MDR (lamb shank) and we’re going to lobster night tonite in the MDR so we will be eating in the MDR just once on this cruise.  The suites breakfasts are in Giovanni’s on Liberty and there is a suite lunch in Giovanni’s on sea days although we have not made it there yet.  Maybe tomorrow.

We never got off the ship since it sailed but the ports were Coz, Grand Cayman and Falmouth.  We had originally planned to go to Rose Hall Plantation in Falmouth but decided to just stay on the ship and it was probably a good decision since the weather turned against us in the afternoon. Those that we chatted with in the evening said that they weren’t allowed to go in the water due to lightning and then the trip back to the shop was a wet one so we’re glad we decided to stay put. Other than the day in Jamaica, our weather has been beautiful. The seas are like glass today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I love cruising without leaving the ship. We did this twice on Majesty this Summer.

Don't know why, I always feel compelled to step foot off at every port. Can't think of any cruise I didn't. May not do any excursions or go beyond the port complex gates, just have to step off mentally.

Guess the only one might be the home port, but for some reason they don't like it if you don't get off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So...today was disembarkation from Liberty. All I can say at this point is....disaster.

1.  Galveston suffers from the same problem that Miami did on our last cruise on NAV.  Priority disembark is a total joke.  The Suites Concierge (MJ...who was great all week) let us escape through a secret door behind The Schooner Bar. That’s it. No priority suites line, no personal escort no expedited suites line at Customs. We were just sent out to queue up with everyone else at the back of the longest line. Very disappointing. But that’s not the worst part.

2.  When we got to the area in the luggage warehouse to get out luggage, our biggest bag was missing. We hunted, the luggage handlers hunted, even MJ (who finally showed up after we had all traversed the gauntlet) looked for the missing bag.  Nope. Gone. We figure someone either accidentally picked our bag up by mistake OR someone stole it OR the baggage handlers misplaced it to the degree that nobody could find it.  A lost bag is bad enough but I have to board a predawn flight for Charleston, WV which would have meant immediately repacking anyway but now half my stuff is missing. We don’t even get home until after 10 PM and I am going to have to find someplace to purchase hair brushes, hair dryer curling iron and various other lady items that I haven’t even thought of yet.  It was always going to be a tough turnaround but now it’s even harder.  We have travel insurance so if the bag never shows up we will get some reimbursement but never what the actual losses would be.  Let’s not even talk about the weather which is threatening to F up everything!

We had such a great cruise. I hate that it’s ending this way.  Dan and I were both awarded complimentary cruises from the casino but I will NOT be coming back to G-ton.  Pity. The Liberty is a beautiful ship and we enjoy this ship Class a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@WAAAYTOOO that is simply awful that they misplaced your luggage!  I feel terrible for you.  Does RC have a reimbursement policy in place for that sort of thing or is it only done through your insurance?

I really have no idea, Sabrina.  This has never happened to us before.  Since I am in lovely, rainy WV this week I do not have the time to check on the process.  The RCCl agent did say that if they found it they would ship it to us at no charge.  No kiddin'.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I really have no idea, Sabrina.  This has never happened to us before.  Since I am in lovely, rainy WV this week I do not have the time to check on the process.  The RCCl agent did say that if they found it they would ship it to us at no charge.  No kiddin'.....

Raye, This happened to me TWICE. The first time was on Allure and I was in an Aqua Theater Suite.. Basically my bag never made it off the ship and they had to wait a week for the ship to comeback and they found my bag and shipped it to me.. Then a year later this happened to me on Anthem. So basically after both those times I have no confidence in them delivering me my bags lol. I now carry them off my self which is difficult but I just can't risk them losing the bags. Glad you got free cruises from the Casino though.. Thats always fun.. I meant to ask you I noticed you are going to try MSC. Did you happen to get a comped cruise on that sailing? I would like to try MSC but I wanted to see if I could get a discount thru their casino. Let me know how you did it and again I hope they find your bag so frustrating when this happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

Raye, This happened to me TWICE. The first time was on Allure and I was in an Aqua Theater Suite.. Basically my bag never made it off the ship and they had to wait a week for the ship to comeback and they found my bag and shipped it to me.. Then a year later this happened to me on Anthem. So basically after both those times I have no confidence in them delivering me my bags lol. I now carry them off my self which is difficult but I just can't risk them losing the bags. Glad you got free cruises from the Casino though.. Thats always fun.. I meant to ask you I noticed you are going to try MSC. Did you happen to get a comped cruise on that sailing? I would like to try MSC but I wanted to see if I could get a discount thru their casino. Let me know how you did it and again I hope they find your bag so frustrating when this happens. 

UGH.  To make the whole luggage thing worse, Dan wanted to carry our bags off and I insisted on letting them take them to the luggage warehouse so I am having to live with the [unspoken] "told ya so".  Believe me, we will NEVER let them take our bags again.  I won't fight Dan on it ever again.  I just hope that they find it and get it back to us, eventually.  Did you get the second bag, too (the one from Anthem) ?

No, the MSC cruise in December 2019 is just to make sure that we keep our Black status (a status match to our rccl D+).  It is only good for 3 years and if you don't take an MSC cruise in those 3 years you will lose the status and you cannot apply for the status match but once.  It is an incredibly affordable Christmas cruise in the Yacht club, but it is not a comp.  Guess we'll see how that goes....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

UGH.  To make the whole luggage thing worse, Dan wanted to carry our bags off and I insisted on letting them take them to the luggage warehouse so I am having to live with the [unspoken] "told ya so".  Believe me, we will NEVER let them take our bags again.  I won't fight Dan on it ever again.  I just hope that they find it and get it back to us, eventually.  Did you get the second bag, too (the one from Anthem) ?

No, the MSC cruise in December 2019 is just to make sure that we keep our Black status (a status match to our rccl D+).  It is only good for 3 years and if you don't take an MSC cruise in those 3 years you will lose the status and you cannot apply for the status match but once.  It is an incredibly affordable Christmas cruise in the Yacht club, but it is not a comp.  Guess we'll see how that goes....

Yeah that luggage thing is just so annoying I totally feel you. The most annoying part is clearly whether your in a suite or an inside room they still just don't take the proper care with the luggage. Sorry you have to go through that.. I didn't realize that about the status match. I earlier this  year just did the status match so I better make sure take a cruise with them in the next few years.. Back in June I called MSC's casino department to see if they could look into my play at Royal and see If I could get a discount. They said they would be happy to look into it and all I need to do is provide them with a Win/Loss statement from Royal. So I think of perfect that sounds easy. Well I call good old Club Royale and I have been trying to get a Win/Loss statement from them Since June 20! It is the most frustrating process. They say it should take 3-5 weeks well clearly I'm going on almost 3 Months!! And when you call Club Royale to follow up they give the old nothing they can do line. So I'm quite frustrated. And its not like told them I need the statement for another cruise line I said I needed it for tax purposes. So thats why I was curious if you found another way to get a discount. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

Yeah that luggage thing is just so annoying I totally feel you. The most annoying part is clearly whether your in a suite or an inside room they still just don't take the proper care with the luggage. Sorry you have to go through that.. I didn't realize that about the status match. I earlier this  year just did the status match so I better make sure take a cruise with them in the next few years.. Back in June I called MSC's casino department to see if they could look into my play at Royal and see If I could get a discount. They said they would be happy to look into it and all I need to do is provide them with a Win/Loss statement from Royal. So I think of perfect that sounds easy. Well I call good old Club Royale and I have been trying to get a Win/Loss statement from them Since June 20! It is the most frustrating process. They say it should take 3-5 weeks well clearly I'm going on almost 3 Months!! And when you call Club Royale to follow up they give the old nothing they can do line. So I'm quite frustrated. And its not like told them I need the statement for another cruise line I said I needed it for tax purposes. So thats why I was curious if you found another way to get a discount. 

Interesting.  I have never heard of any other cruise line giving you casino status based on another line.  For goodness sakes, Celebrity won't even grant you status based on your RCCL's status !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...