David Maryland

Does anyone else diet before the cruise

I'm a bit late to the party but I figured a bit more pressure on me could only help. I don't do diets anymore, I changed my whole lifestyle. It's currently called "Project Zipline" because I really want to do Symphony's zipline on the TA... it's 275 pounds max so still 38 pounds to lose until October 28. Sounds impossible? Well, I started December 14th with 380 pounds... After riding the zipline all bets are off :4_joy: I'm going to enjoy the cruise meals without any guilty feelings, but I'll do a lot of sports to compensate a bit. 1 hour of laps in the pool and at least 1 hour in the gym per day is a given. I know I'll still gain a few pounds but I don't care - my end game is reaching a healthy weight, this will take years anyway so a few weeks more or less don't matter to me.

Well, now I've made it official. You can all check my TA live blog to see if I got on that damned zipline. No chickening out anymore even though I'm a bit afraid of heights. Did I mention that I work best under pressure? :9_innocent: There's a German saying that describes me perfectly: I lack motivation up to the point when I'm running out of time.

I just want to make sure my clothes fit for the entire cruise.  Loose in the beginning and fit at the end.  I'm sure whatever weight I will gain will gradually fall off after I am back home and return to my routine.  Wearing gym shorts and a T shirt on the return home because nothing fits is not on my list of things to do.

29 minutes ago, Toyman55 said:

I just want to make sure my clothes fit for the entire cruise.  Loose in the beginning and fit at the end.  I'm sure whatever weight I will gain will gradually fall off after I am back home and return to my routine.  Wearing gym shorts and a T shirt on the return home because nothing fits is not on my list of things to do.

Stretchy pants is the way to go lol.  That is why I cruise mainly in Lulu for the day and maxi dresses at night :8_laughing:

We go all out on a cruise.  At home we eat super healthy.  It's night and day.  After a few days, we bounce back too.  A lot of it is excess sodium.  Drink lots of fluids (water lol) when you get home and you'll be surprise how quickly the pounds fall off.