Matt

Introduce yourself!

Hello Royal Caribbean Board Members!

I am a cruise and travel lover, and want to be always exploring new places! I will be sailing on Symphony of the Seas at the end of July, and am lucky enough to be doing a back to back sailing for a grand total of two weeks on what seems to be an amazing ship. I plan to be doing a (Semi)live blog about my adventures on this board, and would love to have others follow me. 

Ever since I set sail in the Caribbean on Adventure of the Seas, I have fallen in love with the water, cruising, and sailing in general. This addiction has let me fuel my traveling needs, and am always to suggest a cruise for a summer vacation. I live in the Great State of Texas with my two parents and my faithful dog named Chewie (yes, Star Wars).

Please don't hesitate to ask questions about me or about cruising in general! This an amazing blog and board community, and we are all privileged to have a great team to do this, especially being exclusive to Royal!

-Carson 

Hello all!

I love cruising and am excited to have found this blog. I'm on the June 28, 2018 Symphony of the Seas sailing. I'm hoping to find some advice here on disembarkation times and tips on the ship. 

This is my 3rd Royal Caribbean cruise, my 11th cruise total. 

A little bit about me. I'm a romance novel author. I tend to travel as a group of 4-10 (this group is 10). We're a mix of ages -- youngest 8 years old, oldest in late 60s. I usually book one suite and put everyone else in a regular balconies. I book most of my tours independently. 

This is our second European cruise. Our first was on the Navigator of the Seas in 2013 (Med cruise). Loved it. We stayed in the AFT family suite.

Feel free to ask me anything and I hope I find some answers here as well. I'm not a die hard who has written everything down, but I'll share what I know.  Thank you all in advance.

Ruth

19 hours ago, CraftyCat05 said:

I live in the Great State of Texas with my two parents and my faithful dog named Chewie (yes, Star Wars).

-Carson 

anyone who lives in Texas and has a dog named Chewie is alright in my books.    Texas Proud!    Welcome to the group!

On 8/6/2013 at 2:06 PM, Julie said:

Hi everyone!

We live in Michigan and have been cruising with RCCL for years now.  I think our first cruise was on Mariner of the Seas and we try to go once a year.  Next cruise is on Allure and we are sooooo excited

Hi Julie, I will be sailing on Mariner of the Seas in October. I am excited to see the improvements that have been made. 

28 minutes ago, lanny68 said:

Aloha! My name is Lanny and I am from Atlanta, GA. I took my firt cruise on NCL's Pride of America this year. I feel in love we cruising. I meet so many wonderful folks aboard. I will be sailing on Royal for the first time in October on Mariner of the Seas. 

Lanny 

Hi Lanny!  Welcome to the message boards.  A few people here are sailing Mariner in October.  Should be exciting with after the changes!

Welcome @lanny68! Hope you enjoy your first cruise aboard a Royal ship! If you haven't read it already, a great article for your to read from Matt is this for first time Royal cruisers! https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/06/14/first-time-cruisers-getting-ready-your-first-royal-caribbean-cruise 

Hope you enjoy it, we really do love Royal!

Hello everyone! My name is Alex and I'm from King of Prussia, PA (Philly metro area). I have been lurking here for about a month now (and have a 3 page compilation of tips/ideas gathered in google drive to prove it)  but decided that I should probably finally create an account and introduce myself.

I will be going on Allure in May of 2019 and because I LOVE to plan and research, I have already started plotting and reserving. This is my first cruise as an adult, but I have been on 2 cruises when I was a kid - one with Royal and one with Celebrity. I was shocked to see how much cruising has changed since the late 90s and my parents have finally convinced me to go on one with them. Because there will be 3 grown adults in one room, we decided to spring for a junior suite - though you can bet your ass I will be looking out for an affordable upgrade/upsell to grand suite. Does anyone else feel like just the very act of planning and researching for a vacation seems to extend it in some way in your mind? It's honestly one of my favorite parts so this place is like heaven! 

43 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

Does anyone else feel like just the very act of planning and researching for a vacation seems to extend it in some way in your mind? It's honestly one of my favorite parts so this place is like heaven! 

Hi Alex!  Welcome to Cruiseaholics Anonymous (aka the message boards) where we all understand and get what you just stated above 😃

Allure is a great ship.  Definitely keep an eye out for upgrades.  It would be worth it on an Oasis class ship.

2 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

Does anyone else feel like just the very act of planning and researching for a vacation seems to extend it in some way in your mind? It's honestly one of my favorite parts so this place is like heaven! 

you've found your happy place among others just like you.    I've already been building my research "stuff" for my Harmony cruise in 2020.  been doing that since i was 700+ days out and doing the same for my Liberty cruise which is still a year away (which i started doing a year ago) as i know many others here do the same thing.    Welcome aboard!

2 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

Hello everyone! My name is Alex and I'm from King of Prussia, PA (Philly metro area). I have been lurking here for about a month now (and have a 3 page compilation of tips/ideas gathered in google drive to prove it)  but decided that I should probably finally create an account and introduce myself.

I will be going on Allure in May of 2019 and because I LOVE to plan and research, I have already started plotting and reserving. This is my first cruise as an adult, but I have been on 2 cruises when I was a kid - one with Royal and one with Celebrity. I was shocked to see how much cruising has changed since the late 90s and my parents have finally convinced me to go on one with them. Because there will be 3 grown adults in one room, we decided to spring for a junior suite - though you can bet your ass I will be looking out for an affordable upgrade/upsell to grand suite. Does anyone else feel like just the very act of planning and researching for a vacation seems to extend it in some way in your mind? It's honestly one of my favorite parts so this place is like heaven! 

Welcome, I grew up around that area.  Brookhaven, Aston area..  Been on the Allure, big boat..  Have fun..

On 6/21/2018 at 12:00 PM, spiralqueen said:

I do it all the time. The best way to go. Been on Allure twice.

Hi Everyone!  I'm Jill and I live in Missouri.  I love cruising and currently have my #13 and #14 sailings scheduled. I have a long cruise wish list and dream of seeing the world via cruise ship.  I anxiously await Wednesdays when I get the notification that a new Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast is ready so that I can geek out about RC.    

Just now, FindingJillian said:

Hi Everyone!  I'm Jill and I live in Missouri.  I love cruising and currently have my #13 and #14 sailings scheduled. I have a long cruise wish list and dream of seeing the world via cruise ship.  I anxiously await Wednesdays when I get the notification that a new Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast is ready so that I can geek out about RC.    

Welcome Jill!

Totally understand the geek comment.