Jump to content
Matt

Introduce yourself!

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, FindingJillian said:

Hi Everyone!  I'm Jill and I live in Missouri.  I love cruising and currently have my #13 and #14 sailings scheduled. I have a long cruise wish list and dream of seeing the world via cruise ship.  I anxiously await Wednesdays when I get the notification that a new Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast is ready so that I can geek out about RC.    

Welcome Jill!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FindingJillian said:

Hi Everyone!  I'm Jill and I live in Missouri.  I love cruising and currently have my #13 and #14 sailings scheduled. I have a long cruise wish list and dream of seeing the world via cruise ship.  I anxiously await Wednesdays when I get the notification that a new Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast is ready so that I can geek out about RC.    

Welcome aboard, Jill!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, Happy to find this forum, as my experience has been these types of boards are the best way to plan vacations! I'm sailing on Allure in April 2019 with my fiance and my two teenagers (13 and 15). My kids have been fascinated with cruising since they were little, so I decided this was a good time to take them on an adventure. We are avid travelers, but typically stay off the beaten track (with the exception of our annual pilgrimage to Disney). Cruising will be VERY different for us! Hoping this trip will combine the best of those two worlds! My fiance and I have both cruised before -- but way back in the day when ships were much smaller. Hit me with any newbie tips you think I should know -- and thanks in advance for all the great advice. I have already learned a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SeaChelle said:

Hi guys, Happy to find this forum, as my experience has been these types of boards are the best way to plan vacations! I'm sailing on Allure in April 2019 with my fiance and my two teenagers (13 and 15). My kids have been fascinated with cruising since they were little, so I decided this was a good time to take them on an adventure. We are avid travelers, but typically stay off the beaten track (with the exception of our annual pilgrimage to Disney). Cruising will be VERY different for us! Hoping this trip will combine the best of those two worlds! My fiance and I have both cruised before -- but way back in the day when ships were much smaller. Hit me with any newbie tips you think I should know -- and thanks in advance for all the great advice. I have already learned a lot!

Welcome SeaChelle! I'm new too and will also be sailing on Allure next year (though in May for me). These boards have been super helpful for me not just in getting answers to new questions posted, but also in searching through past posts for topics that have already been discussed. I hope you enjoy them too 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jrmende63 said:

Hi. I am Julie and hubby is Randall. We are cruise addicts. We sailed for years on Carnival before taking a Royal Caribbean cruise. We wish we would have started on Royal to begin with! 

Welcome aboard, Julie and hubby Randall!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

Hi. I am Julie and hubby is Randall. We are cruise addicts. We sailed for years on Carnival before taking a Royal Caribbean cruise. We wish we would have started on Royal to begin with! 

Welcome! 

That's pretty much what I said after my 1st Royal cruise after sailing 10+ on Carnival.  15 cruises later, I haven't sailed anything but Royal.

Why didn't I switch sooner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jrmende63 said:

Hi. I am Julie and hubby is Randall. We are cruise addicts. We sailed for years on Carnival before taking a Royal Caribbean cruise. We wish we would have started on Royal to begin with! 

Welcome Julie and Randall! Glad to have you aboard, you can get your welcome drink at the kiosk on the left! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New to cruising. Love to travel and so excited. I live in Tennessee USA  and am exploring all I can find so we will be ready for our first cruise after the first of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Nay said:

New to cruising. Love to travel and so excited. I live in Tennessee USA  and am exploring all I can find so we will be ready for our first cruise after the first of the year.

Welcome to the boards, @Nay !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nay said:

Thank you, cruising RC Freedom of the Seas out of San Juan. Have you been there?

Welcome and yes, many of of us have been on Freedom and have been to San Juan.  Both are great choices. 

San Juan is an excellent embarkation port because it's like getting another port of call on your itinerary and it's a great port to explore.  You don't need to book an excursion to enjoy San Juan, there is a lot to see just self-exploring around Old San Juan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 

We are Laurie and Dave from New England.  I love to travel, DH tags along to pay the bills.  We have been on Carnival x1, NCL x3, Celebrity x1 and Royal x10 (me) DH x9.  So I guess you could say we love cruising.  We have 3 upcoming cruises booked:

10/25/18 Grandeur 7 nights to Bermuda

4/20/19 Brilliance 5 night Grand Cayman - Cozumel

3/29/20  Freedom 7 nights Southern Caribbean from San Juan.

If that looks familiar it's because we are sailing with Mark (ConeyRaven) and Tyna.

Off to read some posts.

Laurie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CaseytheGR said:

Hi 

We are Laurie and Dave from New England.  I love to travel, DH tags along to pay the bills.  We have been on Carnival x1, NCL x3, Celebrity x1 and Royal x10 (me) DH x9.  So I guess you could say we love cruising.  We have 3 upcoming cruises booked:

10/25/18 Grandeur 7 nights to Bermuda

4/20/19 Brilliance 5 night Grand Cayman - Cozumel

3/29/20  Freedom 7 nights Southern Caribbean from San Juan.

If that looks familiar it's because we are sailing with Mark (ConeyRaven) and Tyna.

Off to read some posts.

Laurie

 

Welcome!

If you are traveling with the Grandeur Poo-Bah ( @coneyraven )  then you are all set to have an awesome cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, twangster said:

Welcome!

If you are traveling with the Grandeur Poo-Bah ( @coneyraven )  then you are all set to have an awesome cruise!

Yes.  We sailed the last 2 times to Bermuda on the Grandeur with Mark and Tyna.  I know what I am in for and I am thrilled!  

Laurie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CaseytheGR said:

Hi 

We are Laurie and Dave from New England.  I love to travel, DH tags along to pay the bills.  We have been on Carnival x1, NCL x3, Celebrity x1 and Royal x10 (me) DH x9.  So I guess you could say we love cruising.  We have 3 upcoming cruises booked:

10/25/18 Grandeur 7 nights to Bermuda

4/20/19 Brilliance 5 night Grand Cayman - Cozumel

3/29/20  Freedom 7 nights Southern Caribbean from San Juan.

If that looks familiar it's because we are sailing with Mark (ConeyRaven) and Tyna.

Off to read some posts.

Laurie

 

Hello dear --- You need to change that profile picture ..... @twangster - we know Laurie & Dave ..... If you look at the next three cruises, they line up with ours.  We met Laurie & Dave back in '16 --- Can't imagine a cruise without them... They truly are part of our family.  Ahh yes, the magic of cruising.  Here's the 4 of us last year on Grandeur .... sans my missing tooth. 

FB_IMG_1533443952995.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...