Jump to content

Cruise Planner Sale


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, BrianAlt said:

Although I can't see anything that's actually cheaper than it was yesterday.  :13_upside_down:

On mine it appeared that maybe the refreshment package was discounted, was really hoping for the ever-elusive deluxe drink package discount, but alas, we're still waiting for that day..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does look like there are some discounts on shore excursions, though the discount % varies a bit (starting with 10% off onboard prices). Honestly with our cruise not until Feb 2018, I think I'm taking my chances on this sale and waiting it out a bit longer before booking anything. I'm betting on another cruise planner sale around the holidays (Black Friday, perhaps?). We're still a few months away from final payment and would rather get that covered first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some good savings on excursions.  For my January cruise $20 off of "Salsa, Salsa, Margaritas" (Cozumel), $10 off parasailing in Caymans, a whopping $22 off of caves in Cozumel, and $27 off of tubing and blue hole in Jamaica.  All together I can save $232 by rebooking all of my families excursions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No sign of a reduction on my Oct 15th sailing on Oasis for the Deluxe drinks package but the Refreshment package is down from £20.02 to £13.86. I got it earlier for £14.56 so for me not worth the risk of re-booking just in case Royal decide to cancel the whole cruise as I have seen posts about before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Nothing for any of my cruises except for the Group Cruise on Harmony.

Same discounts on the same excursion I already booked the last time they had the Cruise Planner Sale.  

Oh well.....

Do you actually see the banner and whatnot advertising the sale when viewing the GC in cruise planner?

Looks like the sale "update" is still rolling out, because none of my sailings show it yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A note on planner behavior:  Previously when changing an excursion I was able to select my new excursion, and then it would tell me of the conflict and allow me to either cancel my old and replace with new or keep old and discard new.  That worked fine.  HWEVER, if you try this with the sale where the two excursions are in reality the same excursion but at different prices it will work exactly the same up until you are given the choice.  Then, once you pick the choice to keep the new and cancel the old you will be given an error.  It appears the only way to do this without calling RC would be to first completely cancel the old excursion then separately book the new one.

One other word of caution:  I have noticed that when you do replace an excursion you are charged immediately for the new one but don't see the cancellation credit for the old one for several days.  So if you are downpricing a bunch of excursions this weekend make sure your credit card can handle all the new charges BEFORE it is credited with the refunds.  In my case I have excursions for 6 people so my total new charges will be over $1300!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We tried to book spa treatments. LOL  It stated $ 89 and when went to schedule it they had risen $ 40 to $ 50 . I called R C and said that they were false advertising prices. She said that they must be sold out sold out at the $ 89. price.   Yeah right.  Hopefully when we board they will have the packages that they always have upon boarding.  Also we found that shore excursions thru private vendors for same itinerary are running $ 40 to $ 50 less...  Going on Rhapsody Feb. 18.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fonemanbob said:

We tried to book spa treatments. LOL  It stated $ 89 and when went to schedule it they had risen $ 40 to $ 50 . I called R C and said that they were false advertising prices. She said that they must be sold out sold out at the $ 89. price.   Yeah right.  Hopefully when we board they will have the packages that they always have upon boarding.  Also we found that shore excursions thru private vendors for same itinerary are running $ 40 to $ 50 less...  Going on Rhapsody Feb. 18.

I was able to book on $89 for a massage last cruise, but only if I booked for embarkation day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, DocLC said:

I was able to book on $89 for a massage last cruise, but only if I booked for embarkation day. 

Yes, that is the only massage option that qualified for the lowest price/highest discount.  I purchased a couples massage and in order to get the lowest price I had to book on boarding day but that's fine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Turns out the Cruise Planner sales are not really sales at all (at least not all the time.)  The refreshment package dropped from $26 to $18 and had all the banners and bells and whistles that it was part of the cruise-essentials sale, but it's not.  Response from RC below.  Of course prices are always subject to change and I'm glad that the standing price appears to be reduced- no complaints there- just an odd marketing ploy to make consumers think they're getting a short term deal when they're not.


"The sale advertised still gave a percentage off of onboard prices. Cruise Planner items purchased pre-cruise are lower than onboard prices with or without a promo applied. In this case, the price remained lower even after the sale ended."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, terpcruiser said:

Turns out the Cruise Planner sales are not really sales at all (at least not all the time.)  The refreshment package dropped from $26 to $18 and had all the banners and bells and whistles that it was part of the cruise-essentials sale, but it's not.  Response from RC below.  Of course prices are always subject to change and I'm glad that the standing price appears to be reduced- no complaints there- just an odd marketing ploy to make consumers think they're getting a short term deal when they're not.


"The sale advertised still gave a percentage off of onboard prices. Cruise Planner items purchased pre-cruise are lower than onboard prices with or without a promo applied. In this case, the price remained lower even after the sale ended."

They're trying to move product, and that's fine...the best strategy is to book as early as possible and watch for the CP sales up to 3 days prior to sail date...book when you see them and if a better deal comes up later, cancel and rebook...I've done it a few times and have saved some decent money that way...you just have to be diligent about checking regularly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 8/19/2017 at 7:12 AM, Michael Vitale said:

When you see SALE, take notice that it also says "off onboard prices".  Your eyes see it and think its 25% off what YOU paid, but thats not it at all.  :-(

The really deceiving part is the banner. The price for VOOM has been and is the same exact price since I booked in June for our May 2018 cruise. Today it shows up with 20% off onboard price banner.

image.thumb.png.aa5d315819fe66bf25184072550ee667.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...