Someone smuggled a cat onboard Ovation of the Seas

The cat is being tended to by Royal staff and will be repatriated by the cruise line at their expense. The passengers face no charges. Since this is apparently how things are handled don't be surprised to see smuggled ferrets, pythons and the occasional loris on an upcoming cruise. 

This is just one reason why cruise lines need to come down hard on people that intentionally violate cruise rules, allergies run the gamut from minor to life threatening. I have a niece with a severe allergies to cats. Which is a shame, since I own four cats so she can never visit.  I remember back in the days when if someone broke the rules of the sea we forced them into a rowboat and sent them off to a nearby deserted island. When someone was hoarding all the rum we made them walk the plank.

18 hours ago, Gadget Hackwrench said:

Untitled.jpg.fde2ce99a6e3e49e25b9b12c5f07acb1.jpgI don't blame the cat, if I were one you can be sure I would sneak into every suitcase in the hopes of a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Every cat we've ever owned has climbed into every open suitcase ever placed on the bed, whether packing for or unpacking from a trip. Max was three cats in a small carry-on.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:41 AM, Cakemeister said:

The next people in the cabin could have severe cat allergies, making their cruise a miserable experience. 

That would be me!  My throat closes up almost immediately when in the vicinity of a cat.  I have to pay attention when boarding a plane to be sure there is no one around the boarding area with a cat.   Even when booking a hotel I have to be careful.  😔 

19 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Okay but HOW did it get on?! Carry on or checked have to go through X-rays.....did....did someone just sedate and X-ray a cat...?....how did the staff not see that?! I have so many questions....

I know, right? Also did they simple stateroom cleaning? Where was the litter box (and just how did they dispose of things), let alone how did they sneak all the cat stuff (food, sneak kitty litter, a cat box, etc.) on.  I promise you, that long a trip would require a not-tiny amount of that stuff...