black friday sales!! what did you get??

asquared17

I was afraid to cancel and rebook hideaway beach figuring it would sell out before I could rebook it.  Thankfully I’m in a cruise with my friend who informed me she was able to buy hideaway at the new price, then go back and cancel the old purchase.  It worked!! Great savings x8. 

On 11/9/2023 at 4:45 AM, OCSC Mike said:

We don’t buy much pre-cruise. Saved some money on a few Mason Jar brunches.

I was going to cancel and rebook our Mason Jar brunch.  It is a whole $1 cheaper😉.  Did you have any issues getting your same top slot?  It looks like it is booking up on our sailing.  

Oasis B2B in Jan/Feb 2024...

About £6/$7 on 24 bottle Evian water package.

50% on Perfect Day jet-ski and Labadee speedboat/snorkel excursions.

Last but not least - huge saving on soda package too...a massive £2.80/$3.50 - not per day but in total across 14 days!! Every penny counts!

1 hour ago, Maggie M said:

Cancelled and rebooked 1 excursion (Lost Mayan Kingdom Water Park - Costa Maya) - originally paid $115 now $90 and the 24-pack of Evian waters. Saved about $60. Not a huge savings but still happy with the new prices! Less than $2 for a 1L bottle of water is a pretty deal IMO!

The bottled water was the best deal they had. LOL.

11 minutes ago, Vacation Crazy said:

I was going to cancel and rebook our Mason Jar brunch.  It is a whole $1 cheaper😉.  Did you have any issues getting your same top slot?  It looks like it is booking up on our sailing.  

That was what I saved the $1 on, lol. I only had it booked under the old price for the 1st of my 3 upcoming Wonder cruises. I had it at $26.99 for the other 2 so that at least actually saved me $12 each.

My exact time slot wasn't available immediately after cancelling any of them so I just took 15 mins later (they were pretty wide open at the time). I looked a couple hours later and my original time slot was back so I actually re-booked it a 2nd time just b/c I could. Yes, obviously the 15 minutes means nothing and that was silly but since I was using OBC, the refunds were instant, making it less messy.

So anyway, it seems like the system takes a bit to re-open the reservation you are freeing up when you cancel but I can't tell you how long that takes.

2 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

The bottled water was the best deal they had. LOL.

Nah, not even close to the multidevice internet.  That drop was $4 pp/pd from previous best, or for a 4 device set on a 6 night sailing $96.  I grabbed some water too, but the multidevice internet and the $12.99 coffee card on Icon were the big wins this season.  Even Refreshment package drop beat the water because of the gross savings over the cruise length.

2 minutes ago, Vacation Crazy said:

That's what I was afraid of.  I don't trust Royal's IT dept to show my canceled reservation immediately.  Thanks for the input. I might just let Royal have my $1 on this one.

As frugal as I am, I would probably do the same thing. It went very smoothly for me but that doesn't mean it would for you.

7 minutes ago, Xaa said:

Nah, not even close to the multidevice internet.  That drop was $4 pp/pd from previous best, or for a 4 device set on a 6 night sailing $96.  I grabbed some water too, but the multidevice internet and the $12.99 coffee card on Icon were the big wins this season.  Even Refreshment package drop beat the water because of the gross savings over the cruise length.

The way I see the internet sale was save more when you spend more. The water was a straight up bargain. LOL.

1 minute ago, ScottD said:

I just noticed that lunch at Giovannis for the 3 of us comes out to 9 bucks less than when I booked it like 2 weeks ago for that National Pasta day sale thing.... not sure if I feel like canceling and rebooking for 9 bucks, but it's a great deal!  

Not even a decision for me at $9... I barely hesitated to save $2, lol.

The lunches are definitely one of the better deals.

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not even a decision for me at $9... I barely hesitated to save $2, lol.

The lunches are definitely one of the better deals.

I just decided I'd do it... silly me- forgot about the taxes\gratuities. SO I  canceled, repurchased but only saved 1.50 in the long run, ha ha. Oh well... It did allow me to push it back a few minutes from 12:45 to 12:15. Rather give us a little more time in between lunch and dinner to get hungry again, lol. 

3 minutes ago, ScottD said:

I just decided I'd do it... silly me- forgot about the taxes\gratuities. SO I  canceled, repurchased but only saved 1.50 in the long run, ha ha. Oh well... It did allow me to push it back a few minutes from 12:45 to 12:15. Rather give us a little more time in between lunch and dinner to get hungry again, lol. 

I still applaud the effort. 🤣

8 minutes ago, ScottD said:

You can use that $1.50 to buy an extra noodle for everyone,

10 hours ago, Jax said:

There was no savings on any of our excursions but I did snag a private photo session for $199. I had purchased the 100 digital package a couple weeks ago for $219 and that price remained unchanged.  

I did not find the photo package to be a good deal at all. 

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

Last but not least - huge saving on soda package too...a massive £2.80/$3.50 - not per day but in total across 14 days!! Every penny counts!

WOW! Was that a glitch? $3.50 total to have the soda package for the entire 14 day cruise?? What ship & does it have a Freestyle machine?

6 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

WOW! Was that a glitch? $3.50 total to have the soda package for the entire 14 day cruise?? What ship & does it have a Freestyle machine?

@jbrinkm - I meant that was the total saving not the total cost!! Would have been one hell of a deal!!

13 hours ago, Dat said:

I can not get any purchases to go through. Why??? App and website. 

@Dat I can't say for sure, but last year that was happening to me during the BF sale and I ended up having to try a different card. There were so many glitches, and so many "pending" charges that didn't end up going through because of the CC processing on Royal's end that my card must have just stopped working for Royal after a while. (That card was working fine everywhere else.) If you have another card, might be worth a try? Or call in if you can stand the wait times...

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Huh? Lots of items are legitimately on sale.

ok..I should clarify....the drink package...i didn't check anything else as I am not interested.

So just a sale for certain people then....imagine going into a store that has 50% off advertised,  you get  it on your jean purchase, but i don't?.....

32 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I hear you. I definitely paid considerably more for the 100 digital package than I have in past years buts it’s the lowest it’s been since the price hike. So I bit the bullet. The private photo session is about the same as it’s been in previous years so I was ok with that price.  

19 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

ok..I should clarify....the drink package...i didn't check anything else as I am not interested.

So just a sale for certain people then....imagine going into a store that has 50% off advertised,  you get  it on your jean purchase, but i don't?.....

That's not a great analogy. When a store has a sale, it's generally not 50% off everything in the store. Jeans may be $5 off, t-shirts may be 30% off, sweaters may be 20% off, and jackets may not be on sale at all.

That's not unfair to those looking for a jacket, it's just bad luck.

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's not a great analogy. When a store has a sale, it's generally not 50% off everything in the store. Jeans may be $5 off, t-shirts may be 30% off, sweaters may be 20% off, and jackets may not be on sale at all.

That's not unfair to those looking for a jacket, it's just bad luck.

No...its not bad luck..lol.... I would hate to see you running a business......sorry customer B, just your bad luck that the same pair of jeans that customer A got for 50% off, you get 0% off for the same item and sale....

It doesn't matter...its a 0% sale for me..for ALL 3 cruises i have booked...

just MY BAD LUCK i guess....🙄

2 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

No...its not bad luck..lol.... I would hate to see you running a business......sorry customer B, just your bad luck that the same pair of jeans that customer A got for 50% off, you get 0% off for the same item and sale....

So other people on your cruises were offered a different price than you were?

20 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

welcome-to-real-life-spaceballs.gif

what is wrong with people........i have No idea what you are implying here......that you and I buy the exact same item at the exact same store for the exact same sale...and you get the 50% off that is advertised and I get 0%

What the hell is so hard to comprehend what I am saying....

THIS is what's wrong with the world right now....there is ZERO common sense..

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

OK? As is everyone else's on that item for your cruises. So what's your gripe exactly?

Did Royal promise a deal on every single item on every single cruise? If so, I missed it, and my apologies.

What? i have no idea what you are even trying to imply.....

Black Friday sale....price is the same as the non black Friday sale..so its not a sale....end of story.

please dont bother to read or comment on my posts if you dont make sense and constantly like to disagree and imply that my observations and experiences are somehow not valid enough to understand or respect..

if there is an ignore button, please hit it or show me where I can ignore any of your comments....

I didn't come here to put up with your nonsense......

9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

OK? As is everyone else's on that item for your cruises. So what's your gripe exactly?

Did Royal promise a deal on every single item on every single cruise? If so, I missed it, and my apologies.

I think with these "sales", it depends on the sailing, the ship, how far out the cruise is etc.  I agree with you @OCSC Mike, not everything on our sailing had a deal.  I don't think they give the same sale or discounts across the entire fleet but I'm not certain. 

We had a lunch reserved at Hooked when they did the Crown & Anchor sale, we ended up cancelling that yesterday to get a better price yesterday.  We ended up saving about $75, which isn't too bad. But there were other things that had no sale price or the discount hadn't changed. 

We were finally able to reserve one of our favorite shore excursions for 25% off which is less than most of the time. Did not work for our cruise leaving in two weeks but did work for the several we have booked for next year. It was not even listed until the Black Friday sale and so we were glad it showed up and at a great low price. Not everything as stated before was discounted but there was enough that we saved some real money on some items we were looking to book. As always, Royal has our money in their coffers for the next six months which helps their bottom line, not necessarily mine.

When I called in to book some excursions, the rep said they were tweaking CP, so that is probably why there are issues. I can say the app seems to be functioning worse when it comes to the sale. Maybe that is why it's so long, the length of the sale. I also noticed that some things have gone up in price or decreased since the sale started. Yesterday the Beach club was $95 for my Jan Mariner sailing its $88 today.