Crown & Anchor Points - Posting Delay

Keiffer-b

Currently Diamond but after my September 1 sailing I will upgrade to D+.  It's been almost 3 weeks and my points have not posted. I tried another member's suggestion of deleting my C&A number from my profile then adding it back with no luck.

I phoned C&A and after a lengthy wait was advised that now the turnaround time for points being credited is in excess of 30 days.  THUD.  They said it's just a system update but had no explanation as to the reason.  They told me my sailing was posted and they verified my suite and other details but couldn't offer any other help.

Anyone else heard about this new policy?  I didn't find anything specific during my search.  TIA.

Got mine 7 days after our Aug. 20-28 Odyssey cruise. Funny thing is that for 2 of my sons, even before this past cruise, the points total on the app were wrong. When we went to the Loyalty Ambassador onboard she said that within the system it was showing the correct amount of points but the app wasn't updating for some reason. I checked with my sons once I got my Odyssey points and their apps were still showing the wrong amount from before the cruise. I've had them logout and log back in but that didn't do the trick.

My last cruise points posted in a reasonable amount of time (within a week) but they were incorrect !  They only posted 7 points but we had sailed in a JS.  I called C&A to have it corrected and the first rep I got insisted that we were only entitled to 7 points since our original booking was a balcony, which we upgraded to the JS months prior to the sailing.  There was no arguing with him so I just hung up and called again.  This time I got someone who had a clue, who corrected the mistake immediately.  Ugh.  Maybe C&A has some staffing issues….

17 hours ago, Cakemeister said:

That's news to me. We sailed on September 3 and got our points a few days after we returned, just like always.

The FAQ says two weeks: Who Can I Speak with Regarding Missing Crown and Anchor Points? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Same here and I do believe the longest we have had to wait was about a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI follow-up.  It's been 35 days, I phoned C&A again, actually spoke to a very nice and helpful person.

Surprise - there was a glitch with their system and the points were not credited and if I would not have called, they would have never been credited.  She was apologetic but still couldn't explain why the system is taking longer and they're advised to tell guests that it can take a month.  But happily, she manually entered them.

Still #loyaltoroyal but always remember to "inspect what you expect" as a former boss told me once.

Happy Weekend!

I got off the Jewel on September 28. The points posted on October 4…six days. The number of points posted was correct. I always check as sometimes they are wrong. I sail solo and earn double points. If I sail solo in a suite I earn triple. Sometimes they only post single points and I have to call.

Calling can sometimes be a bit of a challenge. Regardless of which number or department. There’s always the possibility that the call is answered by someone who either misunderstands or is just depending on outdated information. Or is just having a bad day.

As @WAAAYTOOOcommented…the best thing to do when you are reasonably sure you’re right, or feel you’re not getting the correct answer, is just politely end the call, hang up and call back. Arguing or demanding a supervisor can be counterproductive and time-consuming.

In my experience, calling back and getting a different representative usually solves the issue.

Good luck!

On 9/21/2023 at 1:41 PM, Keiffer-b said:

Currently Diamond but after my September 1 sailing I will upgrade to D+.  It's been almost 3 weeks and my points have not posted. I tried another member's suggestion of deleting my C&A number from my profile then adding it back with no luck.

I phoned C&A and after a lengthy wait was advised that now the turnaround time for points being credited is in excess of 30 days.  THUD.  They said it's just a system update but had no explanation as to the reason.  They told me my sailing was posted and they verified my suite and other details but couldn't offer any other help.

Anyone else heard about this new policy?  I didn't find anything specific during my search.  TIA.

I just called today as I returned on 9/22 after sailing in a JS and this trip should have put us to D+ finally however the points still aren't showing. We were counting on that status for our trip this month so we never purchased the internet from the cruise planner when it was on sale and now C&A told me the same thing! Not acceptable as somehow Club Royale can get my points added within 10 days! Someone on FB advised me to take my seapass card from my last voyage showing JS and date and get the onoard Loyalty Ambassador to update my card after I board if it still hasn't been done. Incredible that they can't get there software so it processes these points in a more timely manner. Oh wait, it used to!!🤔 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, cedricmr said:

@Mike n Kyif not, you can go to loyaldesk the first day (second cruise) and the necessary will be ok

I am sure it will be...fwiw our next cruise will be with Celebrity...our first...and held off until now because the points don't transfer, just matching status.

On 10/6/2023 at 2:33 PM, Keiffer-b said:

Just an FYI follow-up.  It's been 35 days, I phoned C&A again, actually spoke to a very nice and helpful person.

Surprise - there was a glitch with their system and the points were not credited and if I would not have called, they would have never been credited.  She was apologetic but still couldn't explain why the system is taking longer and they're advised to tell guests that it can take a month.  But happily, she manually entered them.

Still #loyaltoroyal but always remember to "inspect what you expect" as a former boss told me once.

Happy Weekend!

I know this is an old post, but appreciate you posting and your follow up as we are in the same situation.

It's been 3 weeks since our cruise.  DH and my cruise include the points for the sailing; however, our kids points have yet to be updated.  I called and they said we need to wait 30 days (which seems ridiculous and have never heard that before).  I check our younger one's account each day and no change.  And I know at this point, waiting 30 days will do nada.  

• 2 weeks later...