Two Delightfully Unfrugal Idiots sail our White Whale (Oasis OP, 9/24 -10/1/23)

SweetPea

Just now, SweetPea said:

Night 4 doesn't mean we're not eating. That is some crazy talk right there. It just means it's a game day decision with no commitments. We do this whenever we have an excursion that involves day drinking. Playmakers, room service... your guess will be as good as mine!

I approve of your answer (especially the crazy talk part). Now I can't wait to read about day 4! 🤣

3 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Hey, that 😃 came from a place of ❤️ since we've been bantering about here 😆

Sure, sure. It's OK to make fun of the interior guy b/c he jokes around and is self-deprecating. I have feelings ya know! OK, not really, it's all good *he types wiping the tears off his laptop*.

The last question about being adventurous was actually a serious one. Other than reading the occasional blog from all the suite sno... err... suite enthusiasts here, I'm not well-versed in Star Class. So cakes, bumper cars, and escape rooms are adventurous... got it. I was hoping for something a bit more grandiose I didn't know about, lol.

I have no interest in living on the edge so it's all good. I've never even tried the flowrider, ice skating, the zip line, or rock climbing. Our schedule would honestly look very similar to yours (with no CK and far less specialty dining of course).

26 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sure, sure. It's OK to make fun of the interior guy b/c he jokes around and is self-deprecating. I have feelings ya know! OK, not really, it's all good *he types wiping the tears off his laptop*.

Hey! We freely admit being idiots when it comes to cruising, but in every day life, i bet you and i have similar financial values and goals!

And like i said, adventurous to me isn't adventurous to most, so I'm not exactly the golden source here! 🤣

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@SweetPea I know that you said no FlowRider for you and Batman, but do you know if Oasis has gone to the “star class session” that the other ships have gone to, as opposed to priority in line. 

I went through all my email comms with Leticia, but she doesn't mention the FlowRider at all. I will find out for you though.

On 9/19/2023 at 7:55 AM, SweetPea said:
I

For the record, i caught Batman in a good mood one night and asked him the max he'd pay for a week-long cruise in Star Class. Unsurprisingly, it was a *bit* less than the cost of this one.

My husband never asks.  lol  I  just say we got a good deal.  Enough for him.  I think he is afraid to ask.  My new excuse is Delta is changing its Medallion program so I have to pay off all the cruises we have booked.

2 hours ago, SweetPea said:

I went through all my email comms with Leticia, but she doesn't mention the FlowRider at all. I will find out for you though.

Thanks. More ammunition for December if they are doing the every 3 or 4th person durin gnon peak hours.  When we first started sailing Star the thermal suite was included for the week. I thought who would want to do that and lo and behold after one session, I was hooked.   Now you have to ask for a single day pass.  They don't offer it unless you ask.

7 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Also, be advised not all Genie requests are granted. I was bummed. I felt it perfectly reasonable to commandeer a Star Loft for like 20 min to set up a private zipline experience for the 2 of us. Hmmph.

It’s official. We need to cruise together!😂. You are brightening my days now!  Not only am I going through cruise withdrawals but it’s nonstop meetings with vendors and new employees as we plan to open the restaurant. No matter how trying my day I know I can come home to your blog!  Keep it coming my friend!

21 minutes ago, Rags1 said:

It’s official. We need to cruise together!😂. You are brightening my days now!  Not only am I going through cruise withdrawals but it’s nonstop meetings with vendors and new employees as we plan to open the restaurant. No matter how trying my day I know I can come home to your blog!  Keep it coming my friend!

Oh, I'm totally coming for the Just a Small Town Grill grand opening. But I'm not a stalker. I promise. 

Royal's pro tip:

Screenshot_20230921_100149_Email.thumb.jpg.977156efe707cb9a4fdd49d80a9f3d71.jpg

SweetPea's Pro tip: Don't drink and Zazzle your own Duck Tags after watching the movie The Help:

20230902_135143.thumb.jpg.a435a04f04ab82b9729cba8be0156d7e.jpg

20230902_135037.thumb.jpg.70ddb96d14e2d0f7bb3c1473fbdb03b2.jpg

Oh, you didn't think we were Duckers, did you?

Yeah, good call. We're not.

Let's just say this turned into a series of "It seemed like a good idea at the time." 

I know what i was thinking, partially anyway.  I was 🤔 that I'm going to have a hard time getting Batman to leave the room. Hiding ducks would give us an opportunity to explore the ship.

I've since come to learn the error in that logic.

Because we all know exactly what's going to happen here. 1) i will bring some with me from Point A (our stateroom) to our next destination to hide while trying not to hold up Batman too much or 2) Batman will tell me, "Yeah, you have fun with that. I'll meet you back here when you're done. If you see our guy, get me some more Coors Lite on your way back. Thanks. Love you. Mean it. "

But now I'm committed and we're just going with it ... And by "we," clearly i mean "me" here. 

Obviously, Batman knows about the ducks. 

He's not seen the tags.

I can predict the conversation once he begins packing for us. I'm wondering if i should foretell it now to see how accurate it turns out to be?

Oh i should? 

Fine. 

Undoubtedly, it will start with ... "you're an idiot." (I think that's a given and by now well-established).  Followed by 'the font on the front is too small, but maybe that's a good thing" And finally, "who the hell is SweetPea? You're Batgirl."

Now i feel i have to explain that last part. Batman has always been Batman. I don't know why.  He just is. One cruise about a dozen years ago when we were sailing with Batman's family, Batman's sister announced in a booming voice, "GOOD MORNING, SweetPea!" (For the record, it was about 2pm).  She did this in a quiet but crowded outdoor bar. It was a smaller ship with the same crew grabbing a few drinks at the same bar at the same time every day.  My "Norm!" became "SweetPea!" when i would arrive.  No one knew my given name that cruise. Everywhere i went it was "SweetPea!" The end.

But my point is ... that is NOT what Batman calls me. 

Also, for the record, i do not eat Pork Roll, and I'm not sure what i was thinking with that helpful piece of advice, but those stupid tags were like $70 & I'm not changing them now. (i can almost hear @OCSC Mike's eyes rolling .... 😆)

1 minute ago, Ampurp85 said:

Yeah.......

Two delightfully unfrugal folks is the right name. $70 on tags alone and you weren't even sure if you like ducking 😱

Pork roll versus Taylor ham is .......important?

💯 

Also back me up here, @asquared17.  It is a raging NJ debate. What you call it depends upon what part of the state you live. Screenshot_20230921_125500_Qwant.thumb.jpg.578b9f2a4500a3bb27d9d2dff2859c79.jpg

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

You're Batgirl.

I'll play the role of comic nerd (I'm really not though) and point out in most comic/cartoon/movie story lines, Batman's love interest is not Batgirl. But I digress...

Also, for the record, i do not eat Pork Roll

They served pork roll in my suburban Philly K-12 private school like once a week... and it was darn good!

those stupid tags were like $70 & I'm not changing them now. (i can almost hear @OCSC Mike's eyes rolling .... 😆)

Not so much eye rolling as thinking that's more than I spent on the Mason Jar brunch I booked for Wonder in March before the price went up. I'm honored by the mention, though.

wait “Lopatcong”

am i the uneducated one who knew only of Hopatcong?????

"It seemed like a good idea at the time." 

ah yes, the family motto 😂😅

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Pork roll versus Taylor ham is .......important?

there is only one right answer here and the wrong one will torpedo our friendship 🙃😂

26 minutes ago, DDaley said:

I had to do some Googling because I didn’t even know what a Taylor ham/pork roll IS, but how could the "Taylor ham" people be right when this is the packaging! Is it like calling a tissue a Kleenex even if it’s the store brand? PS does it taste like bologna? 😆

image.png.621141d80334777d4ce1ee217dee5d5b.png

Thank you for your affirmation. You are now an honorary New Jerseyean. Whether you want to be or not!

The Taylor Ham people are simply wrong. End of!

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ahhhh….so this is a controversy similar to those of us who know ONLY Coke…no matter what the actual brand might happen to be.  ….not that any civilized person drinks anything OTHER than Coke, of course….🤭

And we all know that RC stands for Royal Caribbean and not Royal Crown Cola.  

Obligatory helpful post of the day here. 

I got a warning email that CP reservations close at midnight tonight, so we had better book now to maximize savings. 

For others who are curious what CP prices look like, immediately prior to the deadline, and 3 days before your cruise, here are some screenshots.

Of these, i think only the Thrill Water Cabana price dropped significantly. I no longer see the unlimited dining package, but i could be missing it. 

If you'd like to see something specific that i didn't list, lmk in the next hour 😁

Screenshot_20230921_150449_Royal.thumb.jpg.8c876bb66066675eb505c6493852fd86.jpgScreenshot_20230921_203541_Royal.thumb.jpg.95e526cb5bf68b1ce704f775043e04fb.jpgScreenshot_20230921_203725_Royal.thumb.jpg.803aa61ea62b4860ca7375bef4418669.jpgScreenshot_20230921_203651_Royal.thumb.jpg.a537a00b38bdcde66306b362a87c9096.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_150757_Royal.thumb.jpg.c5967fb94945fbb1585cae68182b6576.jpgScreenshot_20230921_150333_Royal.thumb.jpg.265175f832b8fd8bb30f4d5b36d21cd5.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_205747_Qwant.thumb.jpg.99798f718f6470f82eb9c17e3df9873b.jpgScreenshot_20230921_150407_Royal.jpg