Two Delightfully Unfrugal Idiots sail our White Whale (Oasis OP, 9/24 -10/1/23)

SweetPea

I fell a little behind, but just here to support the Pork Roll team. I'm in Philly and I've never ONCE heard anyone call it Taylor ham until I had the unfortunate need to be up in North Jersey for a few days. I was totally thrown off by this.  And reading these comments, sometimes I forget how regional of a thing Pork roll (and scrapple) is! 

Since it's going to be raining here on Sunday, Batman has just now decided we should go shopping for hard-sided luggage. Today. 

I'm not thrilled with this idea since he suggested Target or Kohls (because hey, i mean do they sell BEIS?!) and we already have 863 pieces of luggage we don't use. 

I say we live on the edge since we have free laundry. 

Stay tuned to see who wins this battle. 

25 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Since it's going to be raining here on Sunday, Batman has just now decided we should go shopping for hard-sided luggage. Today. 

I'm not thrilled with this idea since he suggested Target or Kohls (because hey, i mean do they sell BEIS?!) and we already have 863 pieces of luggage we don't use. 

I say we live on the edge since we have free laundry. 

Stay tuned to see who wins this battle. 

Might as well get some new luggage to keep with the unfrugal trend you have going. 

46 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Batman has just now decided we should go shopping for hard-sided luggage. Today. 

you know i swear by my away travel luggage BUT for this to be ready for the weekend, you’d have to go into NYC to get it in soho instead of shipped. 

this last minute luggage need is putting me over the edge 😂

ps: sidebar i’m hella glad you’re not flying today/tomorrow bc the wind is already INSANE and just ramping up to be so much worse. 

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Pronounced tar-ZHAY like in French, of course.

I'm a Walmart man for basics but do occasionally venture in fancier retailers like that.

Of course! I should've spelled it phonetically!

Batman says I'm only allowed in Walmart solo if i get a concealed carry permit and it's daylight.  He's kidding, of course, but our Walmart is rough. Every time the police post to social media asking for the public's assistance, it's always for a crime at Walmart. Like every time. The tar-Zhay is literally one light up and across the highway and nothing happens there. I don't get it!

13 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

you know i swear by my away travel luggage BUT for this to be ready for the weekend, you’d have to go into NYC to get it in soho instead of shipped. 

this last minute luggage need is putting me over the edge 😂

I thought you knew me by now ... a trip into Soho? Two days before we leave? Isn't there a Task Rabbit or something for that?! We're not even driving to the port, and here you're telling me to drive through a Tunnel. I think.  I'm really bad at directions.  🤣

And oh, the weather is fixing to be crazy. I hate flying in and out of EWR. One little bit of wind or rain and you're grounded indefinitely. That airspace is simply too congested with JFK and La Guardia all on top of each other. 

6 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I did not shop at Walmart until I was almost 30, in Chicago it was only on the west side(horrible) and the south side (even worse)

I can relate... we really didn't shop there either until a new one opened very close to us a few years ago. It's much nicer (and safer) than the next closest one.

4 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

you need to check his underwear situation

If you do, we DO NOT need a report on your findings.

5 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

why you need to check his underwear situation.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 I admit ... i didn't go where i was supposed to go with that one. At first. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Clearly you're asking what formula he followed to determine the correct # to pack. 

He claims he's all packed. It will be a surprise to both of us once we get on the ship. I'm happy to keep everyone posted on this. I can start an over/under for the gamblers here, with the line at 5....

1 minute ago, SweetPea said:

I'm sorry to say no one ordered it. I had Shanghai Shrimp tacos. I thought my pop would be the best bet, but he said, nah, i eat that all the time. 

Hanging head in shame now 😪 

I wasn't serious... and I think you made a good call.

That's an eclectic menu, btw. I need the WJ for such variety... Italian, Mexican, Asian, American, Eastern European, English (the flounder seemed close enough to fish n chips).

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I wasn't serious... and I think you made a good call.

That's an eclectic menu, btw. I need the WJ for such variety... Italian, Mexican, Asian, American, Eastern European, English (the flounder seemed close enough to fish n chips).

Fish & Chips are a regular staple on their menu. I almost ordered the trout though. 😆

But you're correct. It's a very diverse menu. They do not do sushi, but they do an amazing tuna and i get it with wasabi cucumber dressing. 

https://thebrassrailpburg.com/our-menu/

It's a dive but fun.  They often have bands. If you're ever up this way, we'll treat you and yours to dinner so you can frugal!

11 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

It's a dive but fun.  They often have bands. If you're ever up this way, we'll treat you and yours to dinner so you can frugal!

That’s the type of menu that annoys me b/c I could order like 90% of it, lol. You see why I like buffets? Don’t make me choose!

Appreciate the kind offer but I haven’t been back up north in at least 15 years. It was actually to go to a wedding in AC (wife’s friend from college).

You wanna hear frugal? We flew into the AC airport on Spirit. 🤣 I spent tons of time in AC as a kid and just after turning 21 but wasn’t even sure it had an airport.