Weight limit on luggage

Is Royal now imposing a (total) weight limit for luggage?

Someone posted this from their cruise documents. I've searched my recent ones and I could not find such information.

368199809_10164600703493682_8945747479529653417_n.thumb.jpg.5fda00d6b7bbb02ad456624b27c56e40.jpg

This is the only fine print on baggage limits that I could find on my last cruise documents dated November 5, 2022

image.thumb.png.905bba52b89a55808d7e85cb67b6b5b8.png

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

200lbs per guest?  What possibly could someone bring that would add up to 200lbs of luggage? That's more than enough for a family of 4 put together.

I think Mitch @CruiseMsclDad may need to bring loose weights around that as don't think gym has enough for him! #hecanhavemylounger! 😇

6 hours ago, Bazza said:

I think Mitch @CruiseMsclDad may need to bring loose weights around that as don't think gym has enough for him! #hecanhavemylounger! 😇

When I was 17 on a family cruise we drove to the port, I kid you not, I brought so many weights, they had me open up my footlocker! My dad was so embarrassed!

• 5 months later...
On 8/18/2023 at 7:35 AM, steverk said:

According to Royal Caribbean's FAQ on the website, there is no hard limit on luggage: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/faq/questions/onboard-luggage-policy?country=SGP

I did find a message on a website called "eurosender.com" that indicates a limit, but I'd trust Royal over that website.

There used to be a limit in docs.  I checked my new docs for trip tomorrow and there is no mention of a limit!

12 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We are a family of 4 one being 2 years old, we have one big suitcase, a small suitcase and a carry on. No where near 200 pounds that is sure. What a nightmare that would be to lug around.

Other than having a bag full of stuff that'll end up on the naughty table, I don't know how you could even get 200lbs in a bag.

Remember most U.S. airlines have a 50lbs weight limit on bags.

That's why I wind up checking in multiple per person. It's $30 to check first, $40 for second, but usually $100 if you go a pound over 50lbs.

Most modern bags are not made to hold more than that and not break / bust a zipper etc.