anyone else book Utopia?

brdjnr

I have an interior on hold for the 1st 2 sailings but waiting for details from my TA. I’m skeptical about actually booking it based on pricing posts I’ve read but we’ll see.

Currently away from home dealing with something that takes precedence so I’m not as “in the loop” as usual.

Booked B2B in August in Jr. Sky Suite... surprised that cost of Jr. Sky Suite was only $20 more per person than regular jr. suite that doesn't come with Sky Suite benefits.  Free wi-fi, Coastal Kitchen access, suite deck access (with free alcohol drinks), priority embarkation and debarkation, etc. seems like it would be priced way more than $20 more per person.  I'll take it! 

21 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

I booked a 4 day in March 2025 with my sister who has never cruised. We booked a boardwalk balcony. My husband seemed a bit hurt I wasn’t experiencing it with him first when I told him so I booked a November 2024 3 day with him in a Junior Sky suite! 

I think a Jr Sky Suite makes up for it hahaha! 

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have a 4 night on hold for March 2025. Might swap SY for it since I have already sailed SY. Going to let the rest of the family decide. Wanted it for NYE sailing but cannot justify the inflated costs.

3/31? That’s when I am booked with my sister. Booked a Central Park balcony. I’ve never sailed that so thought that was a nice time to try since I couldn’t ask her to pony up suite prices!!!

55 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

Also, just for kicks and giggles I looked ahead at the DBP for my 4 night Sept 2025 Utopia sailing. $115.99 pp. I'm crying over my 3 night in December on Allure costing me $74.99pp so I am thinking Black Friday this year, I am gonna buy DBP for the next 3 cruises I have booked...

Ha, I saw that.  Coco Beach Club $319 pp too

I’m booked for Sept 2-6 (refundable).  I also have Sept 9-13 on hold (my husband’s BD is 9/11 so we’d be onboard for that).  Just waiting for our friends who cruise with us to come to a decision on which date works.  We will be staying in Orlando for 3 or 4 days after the cruise to make it worthwhile!  Booked OVBalcony.

UPDATE:
Cancelled Sept 2 and booked Sept 9.  Our friends got an unbelievable deal from BJ’s SO this will be my first time ever using a TA!  Feels strange having to hand over the reigns!  I have always loved doing all my own leg work, etc.  But we saved almost $400 by booking with BJ’s TA AND it’s a refundable rate so actually saved over $600!

My wife and I are booked for our September anniversary cruise but we're thinking we might start looking for new ways to celebrate. The cruise pricing wasn't too bad but the add on pricing is utterly ridiculous. 300 pp for the coco beach club, 180 pp for the waterpark? Even the soda package went from 8 to 15 pp, let alone the 115 pp DBP. We like to do a few specialty restaurants when we are celebrating but we're afraid to even see what those prices will be. 

Would have loved to experience an inaugural since it's unlikely another one will take place from my home port during my wife's free time anytime soon but I can't bring myself to pay the premium.

Considering going on a B2B during Spring Break 2025. Price isn't great but isn't horrible either.

Decisions, decisions...

@OCSC Mike I don't know how I did it clearly some voodoo magic but Cabash gave me the thumbs up for the inaugural 4 night. Sharla snagged me a cabin, yes it's pricy but as @Lovetocruise2002 taught me YOLO! I will be photo bombing all the bloggers. I'm going to hunt down Danny and ask him how tall he is again! Lol! Thanks so much @Sharla I have never done an inaugural before. The 4 night will be so quick, but at the DCL pricing I'm glad its only 4 days! 

Come on @OCSC Mike sail with us!

49 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Would have loved to experience an inaugural since it's unlikely another one will take place from my home port during my wife's free time anytime soon but I can't bring myself to pay the premium.

Considering going on a B2B during Spring Break 2025. Price isn't great but isn't horrible either.

Decisions, decisions...

That's what I figured too. We are already paying a premium to sail Icon Inaugural so I passed on the Utopia one, even though it's during the summer. I wanted December 30, 2024 (a NYE sailing) but when I looked at March pricing, it was way better. In the end we booked 3/10/2025.

1 hour ago, romelio said:

My wife and I are booked for our September anniversary cruise but we're thinking we might start looking for new ways to celebrate. The cruise pricing wasn't too bad but the add on pricing is utterly ridiculous. 300 pp for the coco beach club, 180 pp for the waterpark? Even the soda package went from 8 to 15 pp, let alone the 115 pp DBP. We like to do a few specialty restaurants when we are celebrating but we're afraid to even see what those prices will be. 

I’m thinking the same thing in terms of new ways to celebrate, but only after I do the Odyssey in 2025.  After that I may be done for a while.  I know RCL will come out with new ICON series but I’m a just have to stay off the blogs and the website so I’m not tempted.

I have no desire to book Utopia, I am sailing Wonder in January. One or two different restaurants won't part me from my hard-earned cash..........especially not for PC and 3/4 sailings. Would I add-on like I did a 4N Allure to a B2B or S2S, yes but not until she is available for discounts. 

But to all of those who are looking at CP prices be reminded that, that happened this year with both Wonder and Icon. DX prices were $95+ a day and they went down to $75-ish. I am not saying they may get that low, but I don't think they will be $100+ a day, plus most sailings will be able to take advantage of the black Friday savings.

Now the PDCC stuff is gonna be steep as hell!!!! People are already paying $250+ for Beach club access and waterpark tickets. I can see those prices increase especially if the Disney families get to booking. 

44 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Come on @OCSC Mike sail with us!

I'd like to... Maybe I'll start a gofundme.

I told ya I'm frugal and that suite experience was only b/c of my generous in laws.

My last 4 night cruise had a base price of $129pp from a GGG sale last October. Utopia's inaugural was just a tad higher. 🤣

I haven't booked Utopia, but looking in the cruise planner, there's no sales going on for the majority of items. Give Royal a few months (or so) and I'm willing to bet the usual discounts will be loaded in. Then the discounts will gradually evaporate on most things as they sell out or get closer to the sail date.

One thing to remember, the cruise planner is not running any sales. It’s not included with the current sale. 

Our Wonder this past May showed $77.99 for 14 months. 2 weeks before it dropped to $72.99

Hideaway Beach will also be open. (I guess we still don’t know for sure if that is free or not) Have done Beach Club twice. This last may the food just wasn’t as good as March 2022. It’s REALLY hard to justify paying more than $75 a person. Yes it’s quieter but……that’s about it. 

We’re doing a sky class JS. No dining package or drink package. We will use both our D+ Bogo specialty and eat in coastal kitchen the other 2 nights. With our free drinks, suite lounge drinks and beer/wine during the day, getting this cabin was only about $400-$500 more. 

In the end, cruising is still a good value. Try and price a land vacation for the same price. Decent hotel in a beach/resort town is $300-$400 a night easily.
Dinner at slightly above average restaurant $200. Lunch $100-$125. Breakfast $60-$75. You’re at $800 a day. 

I priced an OV balcony today for 4 night at about $2400. $800 x 4 = $3200. I didn’t even include all the entertainment. 

2 hours ago, romelio said:

Yes the prices in cruise planner are outrageous however we have over 400 days to find better prices…meaning sales!  Black Friday is always a great deal at least for some things!