Oasis is leaving us in NJ

RCIfan1912

On 11/17/2022 at 9:00 PM, karl_nj said:

I don't know if any of the other Oasis class ships have the retractable funnels (or at least ones that work).  They had to make updates to them for Oasis.  It's possible there will be no Oasis class ship out of NYC in 2024.

That's right, I forgot about that. That is true. Hmm interesting. I guess we'll know when the full schedule is released. When should that be?

this was the first season with an oasis class (although technically delayed by covid) before that was a combination of explorer, Anthem and i believe liberty. As anthem will be in the UK/europe it will probably be either another Oasis class, perhaps wonder as she was built after oasis was updated, although there is no mention of adjustable stacks. or it will be an independence class.

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Why not! 🤣 I love Anthem too, hopefully she stays here for years to come, of course part time she is here. We are booked on Anthem February 2024. Our first every cold winter sailing. 

My wife and I really need to book Anthem... we're hoping they add Bermuda back to some of the itineraries. We had booked a 12-night Southern Caribbean sailing many years ago on Anthem, but unfortunately we had to cancel. 😪  Love the convenience of Cape Liberty... less than 1.5 hour drive... sailed Explorer, Liberty and Oasis to date. Would be exciting to get a newer ship at Cape Liberty (or another amplified ship like Mariner)!

9 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Why not! 🤣 I love Anthem too, hopefully she stays here for years to come, of course part time she is here. We are booked on Anthem February 2024. Our first every cold winter sailing. 

4 hours ago, Al Miller said:

Would probably be too much to hope for the "Warm Weather Quantum Class Ship," Odyssey of the Seas. But I can hope... 

I don't know about summer 2024 but according to the flyer, Odyssey's westbound TA in November 2024 ends in NJ. Just saying...

13 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

It would be nice to get a new/different ship, but losing the indoor pool in winter would be a bit of a negative, especially for kids.

Yeah, we need a Anthem type ship up here in NJ in the winter. That's kinda what it was designed for right, cooler/cold weather? Odyssey would be a cool ship to have up here. 

13 minutes ago, D Alt said:

I'll be on Anthem this December out of NJ. Excited to try this class.  Would love if they picked another Quantum for up here as well. 

We are booked on Anthem February 2024. Never sailed in Winter and I'm kinda excited to try it. I think it would be fun to go in the indoor pool when it's freezing outside. 

3 hours ago, karl_nj said:

It would be nice to get a new/different ship, but losing the indoor pool in winter would be a bit of a negative, especially for kids.

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yeah, we need a Anthem type ship up here in NJ in the winter. That's kinda what it was designed for right, cooler/cold weather? Odyssey would be a cool ship to have up here. 

I agree it seems a bit odd. I thought the whole point in not having the indoor family pool on Odyssey was because she was slated to do warm weather cruises, Caribbean in winter and Med in summer.

There is, however, speculation elsewhere that Anthem may stay in Europe and do a winter season there. Given that Celebrity appear to be trialling precisely that between November 2023 and March 2024 with Infinity, the possibility of Royal having a ship in Europe in winter in the future may not be too far-fetched. I guess time will tell.

23 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I agree it seems a bit odd. I thought the whole point in not having the indoor family pool on Odyssey was because she was slated to do warm weather cruises, Caribbean in winter and Med in summer.

There is, however, speculation elsewhere that Anthem may stay in Europe and do a winter season there. Given that Celebrity appear to be trialling precisely that between November 2023 and March 2024 with Infinity, the possibility of Royal having a ship in Europe in winter in the future may not be too far-fetched. I guess time will tell.

Wait odyssey doesn't have an indoor pool? That would make sense up here in the winter then. I honestly didn't know that. Anthem is perfect for the North East in winter. 

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Wait odyssey doesn't have an indoor pool? That would make sense up here in the winter then. I honestly didn't know that. Anthem is perfect for the North East in winter. 

Nope. That area on Odyssey is outdoors. The only indoor pools on Odyssey are in the solarium.

Anthem:

PXL_20220927_103447558.thumb.jpg.047786a44dc3d5fd309f5e1374a7cefe.jpg

Odyssey:

PXL_20220512_133445024.thumb.jpg.f37ffedfcb13af5573fd5d27cb07b0e5.jpg

14 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh wow so that ship wouldn't make any sense here in NJ in the winter. Anthem is perfect here I think for winter. 

Completely agree with you but who knows what's going on in the heads of the decision-makers at Royal? 

We are going on Anthem's last cruise from NJ before she comes back across the pond. I am hoping it will be a good bit warmer than your February cruise! 😂🥶

29 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh wow so that ship wouldn't make any sense here in NJ in the winter. Anthem is perfect here I think for winter. 

I totally agree, but before Anthem there weren't any RCL ships sailing out of NJ in the winter with an indoor pool anyway.  Explorer of the Seas was here for ages, sailing out of NJ year round.

Other than Anthem, the only other ship that sails out of the NY area on a regular basis that has an indoor pool available to all passengers irregardless of age or cabin category is QM2.  I don't think any of the NCL ships have them.

Anthem is perfect for NJ in winter because of the indoor pool….and the Solarium is completely enclosed and climate controlled. Love lounging in the Solarium, sipping a cold drink, as we sail out of New York harbor and under the bridge in winter…leaving behind the bitter cold along with the heavy cloud cover making darkness come ever earlier…watching the occasional ice pack floating by on the surface of the river………😌🍹