Staterooms Day 1

Jack S

Anthem and Oasis out of Port Liberty….usually 1-2pm. Sometimes later, but there was a reason, such as the ship was delayed and they didn’t start disembarkation until later. And they don’t usually allow access until all the rooms are ready. That’s easier than having guests trudging down the hallways with their carry-ons checking on their rooms. That interferes with the crew as they deal with piles of laundry bags in the hall and run from cabin to cabin trying to finish. Turnaround day is a big day for them!

The recent approach has been for the cabin attendants to service the cabins early then all crew leave the guest areas so they can fog these areas with a mist that attempts to eliminate any virus that is present.  No one should want to inhale the fog chemicals so the guest hallways remain sealed absent of crew while the chemicals do their thing.

After time it is safe to reopen the guest hallways.  

The extra time keeping guests out of their cabins is used to minimize spread.

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

The recent approach has been for the cabin attendants to service the cabins early then all crew leave the guest areas so they can fog these areas with a mist that attempts to eliminate any virus that is present.  No one should want to inhale the fog chemicals so the guest hallways remain sealed absent of crew while the chemicals do their thing.

Thanks for the update on what the current cleaning/sanitizing protocol is on turnaround day.

But does the extra time for fogging really minimize spread when that extra time means more of us close to more of us for longer on day one? Just a thought.

28 minutes ago, twangster said:

I checked Royal's website on this protocol you post. I find nothing about "fogging"  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/cruises-health-and-safety

35 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

The extra time prior to being able to access the cabins means more time packed into the Windjammer, Schooner Bar, Solarium, etc. (more people close together for a longer period of time between boarding and dispersing to unpack).

You either haven't cruised since the restart or you are doing it wrong.

44 minutes ago, Eddy said:

I checked Royal's website on this protocol you post. I find nothing about "fogging"  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/cruises-health-and-safety

They sometimes post it in the Cruise Compass that they sanitize-fog the hallways during the overnight around 4am and ask us to stay in our cabins during that time. Also, they sometimes close off parts of the hallways during the evening to sanitize-fog. They called my cabin and gave me the option of staying inside for a half hour, or leaving before they began. Also, once when I tried to get to my cabin, the doors to my hallway were closed and a crewmember advised it would be another twenty minutes due to fogging.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

The extra time prior to being able to access the cabins means more time packed into the Windjammer, Schooner Bar, Solarium, etc. (more people close together for a longer period of time between boarding and dispersing to unpack).

That's not the experience at all, especially with the limited capacity onboard at the moment

17 hours ago, Jack S said:

On embarkation day, recently have rooms been ready right away?

Or is there a wait?

Depends on the room ;).  Top suites are prioritized so even after the restart.....concierge or Genie took us right to our room regardless of time we arrived, however, rest of staterooms announcements have been between 1 and 2 pm that you could go to them

If you aren't staying in a suite, then 1pm might be the earliest but 2 will be the latest.  On my last cruise, on Freedom this month, my room was actually ready when I boarded around 12:45. Some floors still had the doors closed and they were cleaning but mine was wide open. I say this to say there is an official opening time, when the captain makes the announcement, and the unofficial, which is you going to your deck and checking. If the seapass card is on my door, then I go in and drop off my stuff. 

7 hours ago, BrianB said:

Anthem and Oasis out of Port Liberty….usually 1-2pm. Sometimes later, but there was a reason, such as the ship was delayed and they didn’t start disembarkation until later. And they don’t usually allow access until all the rooms are ready. That’s easier than having guests trudging down the hallways with their carry-ons checking on their rooms. That interferes with the crew as they deal with piles of laundry bags in the hall and run from cabin to cabin trying to finish. Turnaround day is a big day for them!

As I usually get a suite, Im assuming they have priority and are done first? Further my recent cruises have been at 30- 50 percent capacity . Sometimes they lock the doors to the hallways. Ive been lucky since October.  Yes turnaround day is a more hectic time for them. If Im let in by the steward, he gets rewarded instantly.$$$

On 2/18/2022 at 2:53 PM, Ampurp85 said:

If you aren't staying in a suite, then 1pm might be the earliest but 2 will be the latest.  On my last cruise, on Freedom this month, my room was actually ready when I boarded around 12:45. Some floors still had the doors closed and they were cleaning but mine was wide open. I say this to say there is an official opening time, when the captain makes the announcement, and the unofficial, which is you going to your deck and checking. If the seapass card is on my door, then I go in and drop off my stuff. 

My take is a little different, when the fire doors to the stairs are open, that deck is open.  Different decks have been that way a different times on my last recent few cruises.

Was B2B in Jan and forgot something in cabin so I opened and closed fire door, went to cabin, almost all cards out, doors no opened for 30 more minutes, crew must have been doing something still on that deck