Cheers...keep it going....

SteveinSC

1 minute ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I showed the backup ??????

I Understand that (sorta) since I have my 'upstairs' rack that I made from my Grandmother's China closet that my sister was going to throw out because she didn't want it, she wanted a more modern dining room setup ?  It is.....unfortunately also mostly empty with only 4-5 bottles in it this evening ?

winerack2.jpg.cbdea0c03347b45827b2a7f08a0959d2.jpgwinerack.jpg.b95ea78963ead6e359eafec9da1fbe47.jpg

14 hours ago, dodgestang said:

I love bar photos......I've got one around here somewhere.

Found a couple ?  Done with a crappy fish eye....but you get the idea....typical North Eastern US basement bar and game room....some place to hide away during the winter months ?  Complete with pool, darts, foosball, and pinball....and a retro 70s stand behind dry bar

PH000494.JPG

PH000495.JPG

2 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Found a couple ?  Done with a crappy fish eye....but you get the idea....typical North Eastern US basement bar and game room....some place to hide away during the winter months ?  Complete with pool, darts, foosball, and pinball....and a retro 70s stand behind dry bar

PH000494.JPG

PH000495.JPG

Yup....looks like a good place to make some bad decisions. 

41 minutes ago, JimnKathy said:

That stone tile floor is amazing.

And in the northeast it’s a necessity in a finished basement. I learned the hard way after partially finishing our basement years ago and getting hit with a hurricane not a month later. Mild flooding ruined the wall-to-wall carpet we had installed. ? After everything was all dried out, we did like @dodgestang and put in ceramic (not stone) tile, with an area rug over it.

And a good thing, because we got ANOTHER HURRICANE not two weeks after that was done! Rolled up the rug and got it out of the way along with elevating the furniture. We got a bit of flooding again, just had to wet vac and mop, wait for the blowers to dry the floor trim, and back in business.

1 hour ago, JimnKathy said:

Thanks....it was a huge pain to lay...but I managed through...as noted in the NE with basements you occasionally get water....so I built it to be able to take on about 5 inch deep of complete standing water before anything really needs to be worried about.  All walls are based with pressure treated and then double stacked before insulation starts, and drywall is only above the wainscotting.  So other than the overstock rug under the table...nothing that will wick up water.

4 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

Loving the tile floor also! Basements provide  some challenges. Temperature, moisture, expansion joints. I thought I had it all covered, tile, carpet and hardwood in the cigar lounge, since everything was dry. Until, an expected gutter issue took out the hardwood last fall.  ??

Gutter issue is fixed, LVT upcoming to get that room back in business. No cruising for another month ... time to get to work!  But first I need to reclaim all of my tools ... they are on "vacation" at our son's houses ????

Not a beverage pic, but here’s how we “got by” this morning, courtesy of our younger daughter. Not only is is she a great artist and photographer, she’s also a mean cook!

29D12CD9-E38F-4A71-B6F7-176452773277.jpeg.37bee72b60e0fb23584ccfcc1c32c20a.jpeg

Red velvet pancakes on top. Banana cinnamon chip pancakes on bottom. Both from canned mix, not scratch, but...! She added chocolate chips to the red velvet ones, made a brown sugar butter topping for the banana ones, and melted more chocolate in the double boiler for the drizzle. And put out the fruit and other things to have with them.

5 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Not a beverage pic, but here’s how we “got by” this morning, courtesy of our younger daughter. Not only is is she a great artist and photographer, she’s also a mean cook!

29D12CD9-E38F-4A71-B6F7-176452773277.jpeg.37bee72b60e0fb23584ccfcc1c32c20a.jpeg

Red velvet pancakes on top. Banana cinnamon chip pancakes on bottom. Both from canned mix, not scratch, but...! She added chocolate chips to the red velvet ones, made a brown sugar butter topping for the banana ones, and melted more chocolate in the double boiler for the drizzle. And put out the fruit and other things to have with them.

Good grief. Sign me up. I'm a man of indulgence, when the situation calls for it. THIS calls for it. Bravo!!! 

Day 3,462 of working from home -- March 148th (Don't buy into the notion it's actually APRIL! ?)

9 a.m., and since I'm not on a cruise ship, it's not booze time. So, to further prove that soft drinks exist on cruises -- even the dry-docked kind...

Keen observers may notice a Carnival "ship on a stick" that I won on Fantasy for being awesome at trivia. I had 2, but on my way back to my cabin one night after my second victory, a fellow passenger asked me where I got the ship on a stick, and she told me how jealous she was...so I gave her one of my two.

Also, please ignore the hint of the bag of Peanut M&Ms on my desk. You do "stay at home" your way, I'll do mine!

IMG_20200401_092111835.jpg