Allure Amp Not Now!!!

1 hour ago, daha699 said:

Any word on the new amp date ,  I was on the allure a few months ago and it need refurbishment very bad even running on one engine ,  i booked the allure this February 2021 only because it was getting a complete over haul ,  any ideas if this refurbishment will be done this year 2020 ??????????

Please try not to post false information she was not running on one engine. She has 3 azipods that run on electric power and one has bearing problem. She has 6 Wartsila engines (3 18,590 hp and 3 24,780 hp) connected to generators supplying power to the ship & Azipods.

Well the engines were running rough enough that we new there was a problem and was told it would be fixed on the refurbishment ....  and i was told by the staff one of the engines had major problems that is not false information.

And also i only wanted to know if the refurbishment would be complete in 2020 so i don't waste my money on this ship.

1 hour ago, daha699 said:

Well the engines were running rough enough that we new there was a problem and was told it would be fixed on the refurbishment ....  and i was told by the staff one of the engines had major problems that is not false information.

And also i only wanted to know if the refurbishment would be complete in 2020 so i don't waste my money on this ship.

There's a big difference between "running on one engine" (clearly false) and "one of the engines had major problems" (which may or may not be true).  A crew member may have said engine even though they meant azipod because most people don't know that word.

No one (not even Royal) can answer whether any refurbishment will be complete in 2020.  Allure is still one of the newest ships in the fleet.  If you consider cruising on her to be a waste of money, your expectations might be better served by a different (and far more expensive) company.

2 hours ago, daha699 said:

So if any staff said the engines had problems that is false information and I wouldn't trust that staff person.  Allure has engines that drive generators that make electricity.  The engines are fine.  I sat beside an engineer on Allure at dinner a few weeks ago and asked a lot of questions.  On the crossing to Europe we didn't even need all the engines.  

The propulsion issues that Allure experienced were due to a bearing issue with an azipod.  While the engines drive generators that make electricity, the azipod consumes that electricity and move the ship.  

That's a lot of technical jargon so think of this way.  A car has an engine and it has a drive train that makes the car actually move.  If Allure was a car it's engine is fine, one tire is out of balance.  That doesn't stop it from moving, lots of people drive their cars with a tire out of balance.  It causes a shimmy and some vibration at higher speeds.  That's it.  Allure's propulsion issue is no different than an out of balance tire on car.  The only difference is to service the "bad tire" on Allure cost a lot of money. 

Like a car if you drive it at high speed with a tire out of balance the vibration can break other things so they haven't been driving it at normal speeds, they slowed down to reduce vibration.

You guys have your opinion and i have mine , my main question was anyone have any idea of the refurbishment Date rescheduled as i booked my cruise based on that and only that , and for your information i have been on allure 4 times and all the oasis class ships multiple times ,  i have my expectations and you have yours.

and i am a retired diesel mechanic so the car analogy is laughable to me , and i would not ride any vehicle long distance with any kind of vibration.

I honestly don't care what's wrong w/ the propulsion or azi-whats. I just want my kids to have waterslides and the Abyss ?We were on Symphony last December and my daughter was obsessed with the Abyss, and also was seriously bummed because she was about a 1/4 inch too short to ride the water slides and the lifeguards were extremely strict.

So she's super-excited for the Allure this year because she's expecting to be able do it all. It seems silly, but the level to which she was disappointed the last time and that she is excited for this time is almost enough that I'd consider switching boats if it's not going to be completed. So that's why I'm interested. As long as the boat gets to the ports I don't care what's going on under the hull!

I'm not mad and I realize that this mess has the whole world turned upside down, so it is what it is. But if they aren't able to complete the dry dock, I may change cruises. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of other options that match what we're looking for during their Winter Break other than Oasis on 12/27, and that trip is much more pricey.

Hi all-   Newbie here.  Planned our 1st RC cruise for Aug 2021, before the world changed. We booked Allure's new ultimate panoramic view suite. I realize no one knows what will happen, but just in case the rooms aren't built .... should I put a deposit on another room  ( so many people need to rebook cruises I'm afraid inventory will disappear)?    Would RC offer something else or just tell me sorry, out of luck?  

We don't have a lot of extra $ but if we don't make that cruise date we may have to wait until the following summer before we cruise. ?

I was hoping one of you experienced RC cruisers may have some experience/insight. 

Thank you!!

I know that no one knows exactly what will be for sure.... but  I just rescheduled my cruise (that was to be on Harmony May 3,2020)  to May 23-30, 2021 on Alllure.   On the RC webpage, they already have all of the 'new' restaurants and bars and such listed as what they have... can someone tell me a quick list of what the current restaurants and bars are...just curious...  thanks!

2 hours ago, kittysoul said:

I know that no one knows exactly what will be for sure.... but  I just rescheduled my cruise (that was to be on Harmony May 3,2020)  to May 23-30, 2021 on Alllure.   On the RC webpage, they already have all of the 'new' restaurants and bars and such listed as what they have... can someone tell me a quick list of what the current restaurants and bars are...just curious...  thanks!

Take a peek at some of the recent Allure Cruise Compasses... they all have the hours of operation of every food venue, etc... start with the "Dining" and "Evening Planning" columns in each Compass...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=274

13 hours ago, Esmom said:

We booked Allure's new ultimate panoramic view suite. I realize no one knows what will happen, but just in case the rooms aren't built .... should I put a deposit on another room  ( so many people need to rebook cruises I'm afraid inventory will disappear)?    Would RC offer something else or just tell me sorry, out of luck?  

You might be out of luck, but past history shows that they do try to work with you in that if those rooms aren't there, they might offer you another ship in star class and price protect you.  Or you might be out of luck.  All I know is that this is a very unusual situation with Allure and there are many people who booked those cabins, expecting them to be there.  I feel for you all, truly. 

More official word from Royal as far as confirming the delay but not being able to commit to if or when the amp will take place. Which is obviously understandable. 

IMHO, having read a lot about what we're all dealing with right now, it would be hard to believe cruising in earnest will be back before September or October at the earliest. It seems like even when things get more towards 'back to normal' large gatherings will still be a ways off. I'm considering moving my December 2020 Allure cruise to March 2021 on Symphony in case the amp doesn't go through.

image.thumb.png.c1f44b8e4d8299c13d0cb3617a2ba72d.png

I wonder what they will do for Allure? Normally they would just cancel a few cruises at the end of the dry dock if it's coming out late and obviously they probably have all of the parts and pieces per say waiting for Allure to arrive. However, in this case I wonder if they will want to get as many passengers back on ships ASAP and not cancel any cruises just because they want the dry dock this year? Hard to say because its a lose lose situation. She would be the only Oasis Class Ship that would be different really if they didn't amplify her, which could be good and bad for different preferences. 

On a quick note, I've been reading this blog and comment board for a year now but just signed up to comment, so I have a question. Is the pre-gold notation near my username based on ranking on the blog or can you change it to reflect your crown and anchor society status? If so, how do you change it?

16 minutes ago, Matt31 said:

On a quick note, I've been reading this blog and comment board for a year now but just signed up to comment, so I have a question. Is the pre-gold notation near my username based on ranking on the blog or can you change it to reflect your crown and anchor society status? If so, how do you change it?

It is not a reflection of your actual C&A status. It is a fun thing that @Matt created and its related to the number of posts you make. As you post more, the status will change. 

On 3/26/2020 at 1:52 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Any news on Allure ?  Is she still in Southampton ?  As I recall, Cadiz had closed until 3-26.  Just wondering if Allure had been able to enter dry dock.

I haven't seen an update on the Cadiz port specifically, but I did find an article that Spain's parliament extended their lockdown until April 12th.  Considering Spain reported that the last two days also had the two highest number of deaths, I don't really expect Cadiz to reopen anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I haven't seen an update on the Cadiz port specifically, but I did find an article that Spain's parliament extended their lockdown until April 12th.  Considering Spain reported that the last two days also had the two highest number of deaths, I don't really expect Cadiz to reopen anytime soon.

Thanks.  Very helpful information. 

Hello, thank you for your forum, I am French, and I will normally travel on the Allure of the Seas next September, but according to this website, the renovation is canceled, no more details.
Sincerely, good courage and stay at home.

https://cruisefever.net/royal-caribbean-delaying-upgrades-on-two-cruise-ships/?fbclid=IwAR31abAgsWN26ueWURbXHuHX8j-3vfZqcpPqX8uO3iyOwo1ghjjxo1GwEEg

Alexandre

3 hours ago, Alexandre-fan-de-rccl said:

Hello, thank you for your forum, I am French, and I will normally travel on the Allure of the Seas next September, but according to this website, the renovation is canceled, no more details.
Sincerely, good courage and stay at home.

https://cruisefever.net/royal-caribbean-delaying-upgrades-on-two-cruise-ships/?fbclid=IwAR31abAgsWN26ueWURbXHuHX8j-3vfZqcpPqX8uO3iyOwo1ghjjxo1GwEEg

Alexandre

Hello @Alexandre-fan-de-rccl welcome to the message boards! I also have a trip on Allure coming up in November this year and we're going regardless of Amp. I've never been on an Oasis class so I'm sure I wont be disappointed either way!

Hoping we get back to cruising soon!

I recently messaged RC about the amp- I'd go either way but I'm booked in a suite that was to be built as part of the amp and don't know if I can/should switch rooms(non refundable deposit).    Knowing how busy they are I was plesently surprised they responded.  ?

They wrote: with global developments rapidly evolving, we're reviewing all options to bring Allure into dry dock this year and determining the extent of enhancements we can make ..."

Of course they don't know what's going to happen but it sounds like they are not giving up on the idea of some changes.  

Sorry if this has been discussed here, I don't recall seeing it 

We know the AMP is on hold but do we know when the regular dry dock maintenance will be done? It doesn't sound like they can do it now while things are shut down, so am beginning to wonder if the regular dry dock maintenance will affect Allure's schedule for later this year. Any idea?

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I'm just going to speculate and say they just fix the izpod and what ever general maintenance that she needs, 

In general, I completely agree with this sentiment. Yet, I can't help but wonder & consider the fact that the materials for the amping has already been paid for(so to speak as far as accounting). Money has already been budgeted and allocated for the labor. Given Royal has already secured billions in funding/financing for numerous reasons, including operation cost for the immediate & start up & strategic planning to potential start up in August out...i can see them being confident to Amp Allure in preparation for use, maybe in the 2nd wave sailing openings.