Jump to content
KenCP

Future Cruise Credit (FCC) question

Recommended Posts

I have a side by side cruise booked, if I cancel those 2 cruises and get FCC can I use the two credits to book 1 cruise before December 2021. 

I already have one booked for April 2021, I assume I can not use it for that cruise.  Going to be hard to get 3 cruises in the same year.

I am hoping that there are no outbreaks leading up to the end of April on RCL and I will feel more comfortable not being quarantined on a ship for 2 weeks.  I do not mind skipping ports of call, being on the ship for all days is perfectly fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like the FCC can only be applied to the base cruise cost; not port fees & gratuities, is that right? We booked at rather a high rate so if we cancel, can we use the FCC towards more than one cruise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EnJay said:

It sounds like the FCC can only be applied to the base cruise cost; not port fees & gratuities, is that right? We booked at rather a high rate so if we cancel, can we use the FCC towards more than one cruise? 

Correct.  Only the base cruise fare. Yes, if the cruise you re-book does not consume all of the value of your FCC, the remainder will be reissued in a new FCC but it is my understanding  that the new FCC will have the original expiration date as the first FCC so you will still have to use the remainder by the original expiration date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EnJay said:

It sounds like the FCC can only be applied to the base cruise cost; not port fees & gratuities, is that right? We booked at rather a high rate so if we cancel, can we use the FCC towards more than one cruise? 

Historically FCC can be applied to more than one cruise but...  the first cruise that had FCC applied has to complete before the remaining FCC will be made available for another cruise.  It's not clear if this FCC will work in the same manner as traditional FCC has worked so we can only wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, thanks. Still trying to decide what to do. I can't figure out if I'm being overwhelmed by the media or if it's actually a bad idea to be in a confined space with so many people for 7 days. We're healthy but what about transmitting it to other people. I hear the argument about other mass transit but you generally are in and out of those spaces and hopefully use preventative measures. I really don't know what to think. We saved up a long time for our first cruise and I'd had to have to cancel but I just want to do the right thing. You seem to cruise a lot, any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this question has been answered but what if cruise is cheaper. Can the difference of the fcc be applied for other expenses such as excursions etc? If not it's too bad to have a left over that you hope to use someday but maybe won't....... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gi333 said:

I don't know if this question has been answered but what if cruise is cheaper. Can the difference of the fcc be applied for other expenses such as excursions etc? If not it's too bad to have a left over that you hope to use someday but maybe won't....... 

No, it cannot. The FCC applies to cruise fare only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gi333 said:

Ok thanks then I will look for something same price or higher 

Per the RC website, if the cruise you use the FCC on is less than the FCC amount, a new FCC in the remaining amount will be issued.

"Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the Future Cruise Credit’s value, a new Future Cruise Credit will be issued for the remaining balance."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, you absolutely CAN apply an FCC to the cruise you have booked in April 2021.  FCC does not have to be used to book a new cruise.  Can be applied to any existing cruise - even one that is paid in full.

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification, at least if my April cruise goes away I can apply it towards our November sailing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question-hopefully someone with much more knowledge than me would be able to answer.  Does the FCC have to be applied per person only?  For example-my husband and I book a cruise-cost is $4000 or $2000/person.  If he has $3000 in credit and I only have $1000.  Can he apply the entire $3000 to the total cruise fare or is he limited to only his per person fare and we would need to pay another $1000 out of pocket?  Just trying to figure this out before I cancel.  We have a suite-so the FCC will not distribute evenly and I’m finding it difficult to find an equivalent suite for a date we can sail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GlassSlipper said:

I have a question-hopefully someone with much more knowledge than me would be able to answer.  Does the FCC have to be applied per person only?  For example-my husband and I book a cruise-cost is $4000 or $2000/person.  If he has $3000 in credit and I only have $1000.  Can he apply the entire $3000 to the total cruise fare or is he limited to only his per person fare and we would need to pay another $1000 out of pocket?  Just trying to figure this out before I cancel.  We have a suite-so the FCC will not distribute evenly and I’m finding it difficult to find an equivalent suite for a date we can sail. 

As long as you both are traveling on the new reservation then both of the FCCs should be able to be used even if the amounts don't line up exactly with the per person breakdown on the new reservation.  At least this is my understanding of how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long does it take for the FCC to be available?  I am scheduled to cruise in three days.  The current rate is half what I paid.  I was told before that they can't adjust the price after final payment has been made.  With the 48-hour coronavirus cancellation policy, can I cancel and immediately rebook at the lower rate?  There is mention above that the FCC can only be applied to the base fare and not to port fees.  If that is the case, if I cancel my current trip, will they refund the port fees and issue a FCC for the base fare?  Why would they issue the port fees as a FCC if it can't be used towards port fees in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CruiseWeaver said:

 The current rate is half what I paid. 

You are correct that your cruise fare cannot be adjusted after final payment date.  If the prices on cabins have fallen recently, your best bet is to try and get an upgrade.  If the price of a cabin category above yours has fallen sufficiently that the price of the upgraded cabin is equal to or less than what you paid for your cabin, they will often upgrade you to the higher cabin category at no charge.  They will NEVER give you any money back though.  An upgrade is the best you can hope for at this point, if you still intend to sail.

3 minutes ago, CruiseWeaver said:

With the 48-hour coronavirus cancellation policy, can I cancel and immediately rebook at the lower rate?

Yes, you can, but you would have to pay the entire cost of the "new" cruise up front.  You will receive the FCC later, which can be used to either book a new cruise or pay down an existing cruise, but the FCC would not be available quickly enough to use on the existing cruise.  There is also discussion on some threads that the cruise line would not allow you to use the FCC towards the cruise from which it was generated.  Again, your best bet is to try for an upgrade.

3 minutes ago, CruiseWeaver said:

 if I cancel my current trip, will they refund the port fees and issue a FCC for the base fare?  Why would they issue the port fees as a FCC if it can't be used towards port fees in the future?

Taxes, ports fees and prepaid gratuities are not included in any FCC.  They are refunded directly to the original form of payment (credit card used to pay for the cruise).  The only thing included in an FCC is the cruise fare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info WAAAYTOOO.  You pretty much confirmed what I thought.  I am booked in a Junior Suite and Grand Suites were available for less than what I paid, but I was literally on hold with my TA (a large online consolidator) for 6 hours before I was able to speak with human.  By that time, the Grand Suites were sold out.  Naturally when I looked online a couple of hours later, the GS was again available for less than my JS. (sigh)  When I called RCCL directly, I was on hold for an hour before someone picked up which I don't consider unreasonable considering the circumstances, but 6 hours is a bit much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CruiseWeaver said:

Thanks for the info WAAAYTOOO.  You pretty much confirmed what I thought.  I am booked in a Junior Suite and Grand Suites were available for less than what I paid, but I was literally on hold with my TA (a large online consolidator) for 6 hours before I was able to speak with human.  By that time, the Grand Suites were sold out.  Naturally when I looked online a couple of hours later, the GS was again available for less than my JS. (sigh)  When I called RCCL directly, I was on hold for an hour before someone picked up which I don't consider unreasonable considering the circumstances, but 6 hours is a bit much.

This is such a shame.  I will refrain from blaming this outcome on the Agency but I have just heard so many, many, many similar stories that it makes me think that those big box Agencies just don't care....

Just so that you have some misery, as company, this exact same thing happened to me, too...and I have an awesome Agent.  She was never able to get through and by the next day, all of the upper category suites had disappeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is such a shame.  I will refrain from blaming this outcome on the Agency but I have just heard so many, many, many similar stories that it makes me think that those big box Agencies just don't care....

Just so that you have some misery, as company, this exact same thing happened to me, too...and I have an awesome Agent.  She was never able to get through and by the next day, all of the upper category suites had disappeared.

I have been convinced for years that the big consolidators don't care, but I have continued to book with them due to rates and perks being much better than booking directly with RCCL.  It would be nice if RCCL would match their rates.

Misery loves company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another FCC hypothetical question.  I have a FCC of $2000 and I need connecting cabins (one for parents and one for kids).  Each cabin costs $1000.  Can I use the full FCC to pay for both cabins or is that not permitted since the FCC is tied to me and I am only registered in one cabin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CruiseWeaver said:

Another FCC hypothetical question.  I have a FCC of $2000 and I need connecting cabins (one for parents and one for kids).  Each cabin costs $1000.  Can I use the full FCC to pay for both cabins or is that not permitted since the FCC is tied to me and I am only registered in one cabin?

The FCC can only be applied to the cabin that has the passenger with the FCC.  The balance of the FCC can be applied to another cruise in that passenger's name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2020 at 11:14 AM, twangster said:

Historically FCC can be applied to more than one cruise but...  the first cruise that had FCC applied has to complete before the remaining FCC will be made available for another cruise.  It's not clear if this FCC will work in the same manner as traditional FCC has worked so we can only wait and see.

Reasons why, if not the case, since the FCC is the course taken, Royal should either refund the remaining balance, should it occur after the newly replaced cruise is booked or provide an OBC on that newly replaced cruise....not double jeopardy in forcing passengers to have to book a 2nd cruise, for the sake of using all of the remaining FCC, one may have.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...