Coco Beach Club Pass Revalued?

saytheb

4 minutes ago, saytheb said:

I bought a couple passes for the Coco beach club for our Feb 15th cruise for $80/ea and was a bit unsure it was really worth that much (was hoping for some folks reviews to really seal the deal). I noticed today though that it seems they've adjusted the price just slightly...

I got a steal! ?

They were shocked by how much lobster people ate the first three days and had to recalculate. ?

After all of the people posting these price increases I checked my two for Odyssey.  For the inaugural sailing it's still at $79, and for the following week (when both Odyssey and Symphony will be on the island) it's only gone up to $99 (so far).   I'm glad I grabbed both weeks when I did, I'm sure the prices will change - even if I don't know yet if I'll even make it there.

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

After all of the people posting these price increases I checked my two for Odyssey.  For the inaugural sailing it's still at $79, and for the following week (when both Odyssey and Symphony will be on the island) it's only gone up to $99 (so far).   I'm glad I grabbed both weeks when I did, I'm sure the prices will change - even if I don't know yet if I'll even make it there.

I'm really surprised that they are going for $200 after having gone from $79 when I bought to ~$93 on the 4th. Maybe they're trying to push the cabanas at the other spots? I noticed South Beach cabana is down to $899 after having been shy of $2000 for the last few months.

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Looks like you did the right thing. It's always easy to cancel if you decide, down the road, to do that.  ....but waaay more painful to pick up a reservation once the prices have started to rise. I wish I listened to my own advice more often...  ?

Just now, saytheb said:

I'm really surprised that they are going for $200 after having gone from $79 when I bought to ~$93 on the 4th. Maybe they're trying to push the cabanas at the other spots? I noticed South Beach cabana is down to $899 after having been shy of $2000 for the last few months.

Yeah, I was surprised, too, seeing as how Odyssey is nearly sold out on both sailings with only a handful of rooms left (literally about 25 left on the inaugural sailing and under 80 left the following week).

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Looks like you did the right thing. It's always easy to cancel if you decide, down the road, to do that.  ....but waaay more painful to pick up a reservation once the prices have started to rise. I wish I listened to my own advice more often...  ?

Who do you think I've learned all of this stuff from?? lol

1st time cruiser here: I was just looking at it yesterday at $79 and debating if I should. Now I’m super bummed I didn’t book it. So I guess I learned today to book now (pay now) and cancel and rebook later if the price decrease? Is that the strategy? Think the price for Coco Beach club will decrease at some point? We’re sailing on Oasis Nov. 2020. 

2 hours ago, saytheb said:

I bought a couple passes for the Coco beach club for our Feb 15th cruise for $80/ea and was a bit unsure it was really worth that much (was hoping for some folks reviews to really seal the deal). I noticed today though that it seems they've adjusted the price just slightly...

I got a steal! ?

Capture.JPG

Wow that’s nuts! 

I originally booked it for our Symphony in May for $69.99. Then it went down to $54.99! I cancelled and rebooked in a hurry! 

14 minutes ago, AnnieBanannie said:

1st time cruiser here: I was just looking at it yesterday at $79 and debating if I should. Now I’m super bummed I didn’t book it. So I guess I learned today to book now (pay now) and cancel and rebook later if the price decrease? Is that the strategy? Think the price for Coco Beach club will decrease at some point? We’re sailing on Oasis Nov. 2020. 

Yep, that's the way to do it with anything in the Cruise Planner.

If they find that people won't pay $199, the price will likely come down.  If people do, well, we're all out of luck if we didn't get it at the lower price. Luckily the island is a great place even without the Beach Club.

To me, this is further proof that RC pricing and sales is all automated, and based on how things are selling. They track how things on every cruise are selling before, and during sailings. If things are selling REALLY well...up up up go the prices (to maximize profit and/or push people to other items, like other cabanas). If things are not selling, prices drop, and/or out come the 10 Drink Cards while sailing....it really would be pretty straight forward programming and algorithms to automate. 199 is CRAZY...only explanation is they don't want people booking it. 

On 2/7/2020 at 4:24 AM, TotalF said:

We snagged it for ~43 bucks so the cost for our entire family of four is actually less then what the cost for one person is right now ?

I wonder, how many lobsters can I stuff down my speedo before it looks weird?

Hopefully there is not a tank with live lobsters.

Could be more entertaining than pier runners catching the ship.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, AnnieBanannie said:

I was just able to snag this for $79/person just now for our Oasis of the Seas for Nov 22-28, 2020!! It was riding high at $109 for a while.

Same here for our Harmony sailing this August, was 79 adults 54 child. Our October independence sailing is still sitting at 99, which seems weird given the lower crowds when school is in. 

My 5/2021 Symphony sailing is at $79.00  It came up today, and we booked it.  

Our motivation is/was that due to all of these cruises being cancelled and the FCC something like the beach club will be quick to sell out.  

Our sailing will also be going to Labadee, thus with the same thought process we picked up the clamshell (lounger for 2), it was cheap.  

That is the beauty of having a 0% interest credit card that gives points and OBC from RCL.  

@WAAAYTOOO  We have done the cabana and beach bed at Coco Cay, but have yet to the Beach Club (our Oasis sailing was cancelled), so at this price we grabbed it.

~ We decided that if it stayed at 110+ pp we would do the beach bed.  Hence, when we saw it at 79 we grabbed it.  

We like to splurge, but we have a limit on the splurges with each cruise.  This will be our 1st time to Labadee and OSJ, so our splurges are on excursions there.  

15 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Just an FYI... looks like the pass dropped to $68.99 tonight for our 10/4/20 Oasis sailing (fingers crossed)... going to cancel and repurchase!

image.png.2c45fbd77a39eae7c625b3619c48ade5.png

My October 17 symphony is still at $79. You’re roughly 2 weeks before me on Oasis. I hope mine drops in 2 weeks. 

10 minutes ago, Jill said:

My October 17 symphony is still at $79. You’re roughly 2 weeks before me on Oasis. I hope mine drops in 2 weeks. 

Funny, I just checked the planner again... it’s back to $79 for our cruise. Glad I grabbed it! Keep checking because apparently there is no rhyme or reason to the price changes.

So when we we booked it was $50 per and then the club opened and it shot to $200 per. We have been to C Cay before the club and enjoyed a waterpark cabana for $500. That was a stretch and way cheaper than the $1600 for our next cruise New Years 2021. We loved the waterpark (52,53, 20 and 17 Years Young). My original plan was to buy waterpark and CCB Club day passes. I didn't jump on the $50 CCB Club price and it went to $200 per, and I was out. Now the price is down to a more tolerable price (80 per) and I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it. I know we would have a great time just enjoying the island for the doughnut. The youngsters love the park and so do I, DW could take it or leave it. She like me just wants to have the family time but I enjoy the slides more.  While we loved the cabana we spent little time in it because we were sliding, swimming, and snorkeling. I really don't like be waited on so that isn't a draw. The rest kids and DW don't mind it, Mom does a lot of it day to day, and the kids work in the service industry. I'm odd and it just doesn't thrill me. I'm not sure I could ever do Star Class because I would feel uncomfortable with someone doing stuff I could do for myself.

Long post and a question " Is CCB Club worth it for $80 per?

31 minutes ago, foxrunner said:

So when we we booked it was $50 per and then the club opened and it shot to $200 per. We have been to C Cay before the club and enjoyed a waterpark cabana for $500. That was a stretch and way cheaper than the $1600 for our next cruise New Years 2021. We loved the waterpark (52,53, 20 and 17 Years Young). My original plan was to buy waterpark and CCB Club day passes. I didn't jump on the $50 CCB Club price and it went to $200 per, and I was out. Now the price is down to a more tolerable price (80 per) and I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it. I know we would have a great time just enjoying the island for the doughnut. The youngsters love the park and so do I, DW could take it or leave it. She like me just wants to have the family time but I enjoy the slides more.  While we loved the cabana we spent little time in it because we were sliding, swimming, and snorkeling. I really don't like be waited on so that isn't a draw. The rest kids and DW don't mind it, Mom does a lot of it day to day, and the kids work in the service industry. I'm odd and it just doesn't thrill me. I'm not sure I could ever do Star Class because I would feel uncomfortable with someone doing stuff I could do for myself.

Long post and a question " Is CCB Club worth it for $80 per?

I am doing CBC in August b/c I haven’t seen it yet.  We had tickets on our Feb Anthem cruise ($51.99 PP, go figure) but we ended up in Bermuda so didn’t get to go.  

Re: Star Class.  It’s funny.  The only time I ever feel like the Genie is doing something I could be doing myself (this goes for the Suites Concierge, too, BTW on non- Star cruises) is when I want food delivered to the suite.  I feel like I am really asking the Genie/Concierge to handle a rather “personal” task that I should be able to take care of, right ?  That is right up until the time(s) I have tried and tried and tried to actually DO it myself.  I can NEVER get room service or the Coastal Kitchen to answer the damn phone so I can place an order.  I finally just accepted that it was fate and that they really didn’t want me clogging up their takeout line, so I gave up trying and just started having the Genie/Concierge take care of it. The other Genie services really aren’t anything that you can do for yourself. Special reservations and priority seating, etc you cannot do on your own.