So, About That MyVEGAS Thing...

AlohaLivin

20 minutes ago, kevpeirce said:

For some reason today after about an hour of playing my loyalty coins are now locked out for 14 hours. Anyone else experience this? I did gain 8-10k coins today alone.

You are limited in how much you can win per day until you spend money on the chips.  Don't ask how I know, but my Oasis cruise will be the 5th one I have gotten in the last year or so.

3 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

You are limited in how much you can win per day until you spend money on the chips.  Don't ask how I know, but my Oasis cruise will be the 5th one I have gotten in the last year or so.

Kind of had a feeling about that, do you know if theres a ratio to how often you need to spend money to get unlimited rewards? If it seems like I can build it up this quickly it might not be worth getting the obc and just wait it out for a full cruise.

17 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

It really is addictive! When I saw people talk about it, I always assumed it was one of those online gambling things that required real money. Then I found out a bit over a week ago it’s free. Aaaaand now I have a bit over 25,000 reward point things. ? Halfway to $100 OBC!

Me too! Free is fun lol

25 minutes ago, Firemanswife2 said:

What is this? I'm afraid to ask

It is my iPad, my iPhone and my PC all playing MyVEGAS games simultaneously ? I just tried it for fun, my husband thought that I was mad (I tried to post it smaller so it wouldn’t take over anyone’s screen).

@KLA  the user groups over at FB are extremely helpful, actually shockingly helpful compared to much of FB. It won’t take yoy long to get it to speed, it would be much longer than a post to explain it. I have a UN just for play there, if you decide to try it let me know and I can link up with you.

35 minutes ago, kevpeirce said:

Kind of had a feeling about that, do you know if theres a ratio to how often you need to spend money to get unlimited rewards? If it seems like I can build it up this quickly it might not be worth getting the obc and just wait it out for a full cruise.

They don't show up that often, but they are great when they do.  This last time they also had a deal for a balcony cabin on Symphony for $1000 per cabin.  It is VERY addicting.  They have also had a couple of MyVegas at sea events, and the people are really fun to cruise with.

6 hours ago, MrMarc said:

They don't show up that often, but they are great when they do.  This last time they also had a deal for a balcony cabin on Symphony for $1000 per cabin.  It is VERY addicting.  They have also had a couple of MyVegas at sea events, and the people are really fun to cruise with.

I saw those rewards. But we could not make the sail dates due to our work schedule.  

2 hours ago, bcarney said:

I cashed in 50,000 points for an OBC, but when I submitted it to RC it was rejected because there was some sort of "discount code" already applied to the room.  Fortunately they provided instructions on how to get the points back into your account.

Did you redeem a 5%/10% discount voucher to the sailing?

3 hours ago, bcarney said:

I cashed in 50,000 points for an OBC, but when I submitted it to RC it was rejected because there was some sort of "discount code" already applied to the room.  Fortunately they provided instructions on how to get the points back into your account.

From what I've heard, they are pretty strict in not combining with ANY other offers and the timing of using the offers.  But as with many things, it probably depends on who you talk to.

3 hours ago, Shari said:

I want to thank all of you.  I started 3 days ago and am now addicted.  I have over 30000 towards buying $100 OBC with 50000.  My husband is confused as to why I like the slots.

Ok daggumit... how do you have 30k in three days? I max out on chips every day and it’s taken me lots longer. ? Unless you are buying chips? ? I just max out the free stuff (otherwise it might turn into something akin to playing real slots ?).

I’ve used it twice for $100 OBC and once for $50. I currently have $750,000 coins, they often have free cruises (of course you pay taxes and fees) for 1 million coins. I go on an annual group cruise and unfortunately they don’t allow the OBC to be applies to group bookings. 

I have cashed in for almost $1000 in obc over the past 2-3 years and that was without spending 1 penny on the game. I broke down and gave them $3 today. In return I received another 8k in reward points and still have most of the coins left. I only need 80k reward points for the free cruise. As long as I get the same return it would only take a $30 investment.

I have been trying to build up loyalty points - I cannot imagine how much time I would need to play to get 1,000,000 points! If you have a secret let me know ? I don’t enjoy it, that is definitely going to impact it all, I still have made quite an effort this last week to see what it’s all about and the loyalty points build very slowly.

44 minutes ago, Wilson said:

In the early days they were VERY generous with the reward points. They have gotten stingy on the mobile app and I rarely play these days. Once I get enough for the free cruise I am done. 

Both my wife and I have 3M + each in points.  We have not had the chance to find a free cruise that our work schedules could accommodate.  

1 hour ago, 2Beeze said:

I cannot imagine how much time I would need to play to get 1,000,000 points! If you have a secret let me know

MyVegas release free chips throughout the day on FB.  There are sites that release the links.  Google "free MyVegas Chips."  

I collect the chips at the end of day and then just bet high at the end of the week and hope for a jackpot bonus.  Gain loyalty points with the bonus winnings.  

46 minutes ago, KLA said:

do you HAVE to sign in with Facebook in order to redeem the OBC?

The MyVegas acct must be registered to a FB acct.  If you can redeem through the mobile app.  

6 minutes ago, jce2 said:

No idea how this is supposed to work...downloaded it....played some game called King Kong (on auto-spin) until I eventually ran out of chips and have like 300 credits.  So just come back daily and play again?

You got it!  They have a few other apps in the PlayStore/AppStore.  You can also play on browser through FB.  

2 hours ago, CruisingIsLikeCrack said:

Question...

I just learned about and started playing the MyVegas game.

Most likely I will use it for the OBC rewards.

For the free cruise, it's an interior cabin, but is it for two people? So one million points for a double occupancy interior?

Thanks,

Yes. You have to pay taxes, port fees and gratuities. 

22 hours ago, jurrjurr said:

MyVegas release free chips throughout the day on FB.  There are sites that release the links.  Google "free MyVegas Chips."  

I collect the chips at the end of day and then just bet high at the end of the week and hope for a jackpot bonus.  Gain loyalty points with the bonus winnings.  

Thanks for the info ? So I am now reasonably good at getting the extra points (tons of “friends”) who play a lot and joined some decent MyVEGAS groups. I can become “impressive” pretty quickly but even then I somehow burn through it pretty past MyVEGAS Slots. I also do that on blackjack. However, I can regularly keep chips on the 3-15 million level in Konami and Pop! Slots. I tried building max points slowly, but it likely is best to do it quickly? It’s all hypothetical at this point! ?

So far my tactic has been to spin low and frequently (1-2 of them on lower levels will run a while without me around). But that is building loyalty points very slowly! I assume there is some sweet spot in terms of amount bet but I have not found it yet. I know what I am doing isn’t working (or at least wouldn’t be close to worth it for me in the long run with a job, family and 91 year old mother to keep up with).  

8 hours ago, CruisingIsLikeCrack said:

Thank you! Just wanted to make sure I had it straight.

One more question I meant to ask...

I think I know the answer but, do you earn C&A points on the free cruise?

Doubtful. I have only redeemed for obc. 

On 1/2/2019 at 7:22 PM, 2Beeze said:

So I am now reasonably good at getting the extra points (tons of “friends”) who play a lot and joined some decent MyVEGAS groups

I've not done the "friends" things yet. I'm Ken Johnston on FB. If you send me a way to add you on FB I'll add and send chips....

10 hours ago, KJ1231 said:

I've not done the "friends" things yet. I'm Ken Johnston on FB. If you send me a way to add you on FB I'll add and send chips....

I must have 100’s by now, it’s semi insane (I got lucky and made friends with two women there running the big groups so I became a virtual magnet I think). Most people have playe profiles and are looking (it seems) for people posting little other than myVegas content (super easy for me since it’s my sole reason for being there ? ). Once you have a lot of people posting points it becomes relatively easy max your points everyday (although w a sick kitty this weekend I hardly turned on any device). The only people I exclude are the ones posting political opinions/memes. I will add you now. ?

9 hours ago, jacko said:

Just a heads up.  I started play myVegas a week ago and now that I have 50,000 pts to redeem the $100 OBC they have removed Royal Caribbean from their rewards program.  I still see MSC and they added Resorts World. 

Keep checking back. This happens every so often and then Royal reappears.