FlowBro Ty

? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

Way late on this thread but here are my guesses. In past refurbishments it seems like they usually add the most popular venues from existing ships and then mix it up on a few new features to see if they'll work on future new builds. I have some that I think will actually happen and then a few that I think would be interesting, although unlikely. I don't know whose job it is to come up with these ideas, but they have an awesome job.

What I think will actually happen:

• Bamboo Room in place of the Bionic Bar.
  • Playmaker's in place of Sabor. It just seems to work better with the Boardwalk vibe.
  • El Loco Fresh in place of Wipeout Cafe.
  • Updated resort style pool areas similar to what Navigator is getting.
  • Water slides.
  • Blow Dry Bar. I think experiences similar to this will be replacing a lot of retail shops as they are emphasizing experience based venues.
  • Laser Tag
  • Additional suites-only areas to compete with other lines in the industry. Not sure what exactly that would entail, but I expect it to happen.

Bold/Unlikely predictions I would like to see:

• I definitely want a Playmaker's, but would love it if they would replace Johnny Rockets with it instead of Sabor. Don't want to lose those margaritas.
  • I do enjoy the ice-skating shows, but I could see them getting rid of the ice skating rink since they have it on so many ships. Would love to see what other innovations they could come up with in such large space. Perhaps an entertainment venue with technology similar to 270 on the Quantum class that could compliment the main theater with unique shows.
  • Move the Flowriders, sports court, and putt-putt areas and build new resort style pools in the aft. Maybe with a swim up bar like you see at a lot of resorts or something innovative like that. Perhaps a pool with a clear edge like in the Solarium on Symphony that overlooks the Boardwalk. This fits in the highly unlikely category due to logistics, but let me dream. I would love to see Royal add some aft pools in their fleet. It is hard to beat the views and relaxation you get from there with the wake.
  • I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of the sports court and putt-putt areas and found a new activity for all that space. Those activities seem a little outdated to me at this point. They could put the Flowriders where one of the existing pools are now and use the other side for some really different water slides similar to what they're putting on Navigator. 

I seen this on that other site and had a chuckle out of it.  Enjoy 😎

For immediate release.

DEAR VALUED GUEST,

As part of our ongoing mission to provide you with the best entertainment on the high seas we are pleased to announce the following change to your entertainment lineup.

The Broadway show a Cats has been replaced with our new in house production show featuring all new stars every week.

Come immerse yourselves as we feature a Battle Royale of epic proportions as we pit our pinnacle guests against our suite guests in the battle for control over the suite lounge.

On 12/13/2018 at 12:34 PM, cruiselife said:

Way late on this thread but here are my guesses. In past refurbishments it seems like they usually add the most popular venues from existing ships and then mix it up on a few new features to see if they'll work on future new builds. I have some that I think will actually happen and then a few that I think would be interesting, although unlikely. I don't know whose job it is to come up with these ideas, but they have an awesome job.

What I think will actually happen:

• Bamboo Room in place of the Bionic Bar.
  • Playmaker's in place of Sabor. It just seems to work better with the Boardwalk vibe.
  • El Loco Fresh in place of Wipeout Cafe.
  • Updated resort style pool areas similar to what Navigator is getting.
  • Water slides.
  • Blow Dry Bar. I think experiences similar to this will be replacing a lot of retail shops as they are emphasizing experience based venues.
  • Laser Tag
  • Additional suites-only areas to compete with other lines in the industry. Not sure what exactly that would entail, but I expect it to happen.

Bold/Unlikely predictions I would like to see:

• I definitely want a Playmaker's, but would love it if they would replace Johnny Rockets with it instead of Sabor. Don't want to lose those margaritas.
  • I do enjoy the ice-skating shows, but I could see them getting rid of the ice skating rink since they have it on so many ships. Would love to see what other innovations they could come up with in such large space. Perhaps an entertainment venue with technology similar to 270 on the Quantum class that could compliment the main theater with unique shows.
  • Move the Flowriders, sports court, and putt-putt areas and build new resort style pools in the aft. Maybe with a swim up bar like you see at a lot of resorts or something innovative like that. Perhaps a pool with a clear edge like in the Solarium on Symphony that overlooks the Boardwalk. This fits in the highly unlikely category due to logistics, but let me dream. I would love to see Royal add some aft pools in their fleet. It is hard to beat the views and relaxation you get from there with the wake.
  • I wouldn't mind if they just got rid of the sports court and putt-putt areas and found a new activity for all that space. Those activities seem a little outdated to me at this point. They could put the Flowriders where one of the existing pools are now and use the other side for some really different water slides similar to what they're putting on Navigator. 

I don't think they will get rid of the sports court but could totally see them getting rid of the ice rink eventually.  I worry that if they put in aft pools, they will turn into suite only access.  I wish allure already had a playmakers... It sounds like an amazing meet up and hang out place!  Jane

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:13 AM, J_Keeble said:

so its a 2 month dry dock! surely some info must be coming out soon so they can gather interest for future cruises

So I Guess The Photos/Info Will Come Out Some Time This Summer.

Oh no! I guess I’ve been away from the forum too long! 😛

It’s sailing out of Cape Liberty from May-Oct 2020 after the dry dock... Port Canaveral, Perfect Day & Nassau... We may have to take advantage while it’s in NY/NJ!

We’ve sailed Explorer & Liberty out of Cape Liberty (not Anthem yet)... Oasis would be crazy passing through NY Harbor and passing under the Verrazano Bridge!

33F217D4-CB1E-401C-AD8F-3BA407E34D12.png

25 minutes ago, MIkew0805 said:

I would not like seeing the ice rink replaced. I love those shows, even iSkate. 

However, I would like a new broadway style show. CATS has to go!! 

They can move "Cats!" to Symphony so that I can see it next February #itsallaboutme #theladygriddlebone

I am sailing on Oasis Dec 2020.  I have been checking out all the info I can on it.  I will have more to check out after the dry dock.  Playmakers wouldn't take the place of the Pub would it?  I believe Oasis has the Globe and Atlas correct?  MY friend was on the Allure and loved the Pub on that ship so I am looking forward to comparing notes with him when I get back from the cruise.