Lovetocruise2002

Anthem of the Seas - March 9-17, 2018

At DTW waiting for our flight. Just tried Chick-fil-A for the first time! All is good. Flight is on time. Plane is already at the gate 😊 Here's a pic near our gate to show @bcarney that DTW is not as bad as people think. At least not here at the McNamara terminal where Delta flies out of. 

IMG_6005.thumb.JPG.6b9f5e0fc5a962f9feda71d10fea8c92.JPG

3 hours ago, melski94 said:

Safe travels! I am also thinking of trying a live blog on Harmony. I should have some time in the afternoon to write a bit but I worry about trying to keep it up.  Can't wait to follow along. 

All I can say is Go Preds! Says a girl from Chicago, married to a guy from Pittsburgh, which of course makes us Predator fans!

You should! I need a Harmony fix because March 2019 is too far! I have no idea if I can keep this up either but I'll try!

3 hours ago, jurrjurr said:

Growing up in Windsor, our city was split between Leafs and Red Wing fans and the odd Habs fan. 

Have you visited the new Little Caesars Arena?  Very nice venue!! 

Yes. I don't care for it. Parking is crazy expensive and the seats are super tight. We miss the Joe! Saw Crosby raise the cup there! Memories....

4 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

At DTW waiting for our flight. Just tried Chick-fil-A for the first time! All is good. Flight is on time. Plane is already at the gate 😊 Here's a pic near our gate to show @bcarney that DTW is not as bad as people think. At least not here at the McNamara terminal where Delta flies out of. 

Have you walked through the tunnel between terminals?  

6 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Umm...nope. 😉

If you have time the tunnel is kinda cool.  Also the fountain near A center.  Search youtube for 'DTW tunnel'.

3 hours ago, jurrjurr said:

@Sabrinaklai Is this the ship that has dim sum?  I was watching ship tour videos and I thought I saw a dim sum sign on one of the Quantum class ships.

I don't recall seeing it on Anthem.  Given that Quantum is in Asia I would expect her to have it.

3 hours ago, accio7 said:

@Sabrinaklai, you might get a kick out of this: my co-worker, who is sailing on Anthem on the 18th, actually asked me a few minutes ago "what ship am I sailing on again?" Oh, first-time cruisers.

Not just first time cruisers. Up until Friday, hubby was telling everyone that we were flying to Florida. At the border into the US earlier the conversation with the customs officer went like this:

CO: Where are you headed?

Hubby: New Jersey

CO: How?

H: uh...by plane

CO: What airline?

H: uh...(looks at me)

Me: Delta

CO: When are you coming back? 

H: uh....

Me: on the 17th

Not sure at this point if he knows what ship we are on tomorrow. 😆

6 hours ago, jurrjurr said:

Growing up in Windsor, our city was split between Leafs and Red Wing fans and the odd Habs fan. 

Have you visited the new Little Caesars Arena?  Very nice venue!! 

I was at the last season at the Joe but haven't gotten to the new one yet!   Can't wait! Jane

Made it to Newark. All checked in at Embassy Suites. Nice hotel. Super busy. Lots of cruisers for tomorrow.

The hotel offers a complimentary happy hour from 5:30pm-7:30pm. We checked it out for a bit and now having dinner at Ruby Tuesday which is about a 1min walk. Other things within walking distance from here are IHOP and Jersey Gardens outlet. 

Here are some pics of our home for one night:

IMG_6006.thumb.JPG.23003aa4a1b13692c9c4d10ef9fcf2ff.JPGIMG_6008.thumb.JPG.a43cb81572ed65af72f38baee95985de.JPGIMG_6011.thumb.JPG.6fc4bdbc8db0ce52ca253771839fd558.JPGIMG_6012.thumb.JPG.0b04f4233a0dd17ca7e2639338e21a5b.JPGIMG_6013.thumb.JPG.6abfde3197c4ea9755f46d6e843d49e2.JPGIMG_6014.thumb.JPG.6cc4b6e8dfad882bfaa9a2d0659b4fce.JPGIMG_6010.thumb.JPG.e12d60930b02cc903d78c231fa85adcb.JPG

6 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Made it to Newark. All checked in at Embassy Suites. Nice hotel. Super busy. Lots of cruisers for tomorrow.

The hotel offers a complimentary happy hour from 5:30pm-7:30pm. We checked it out for a bit and now having dinner at Ruby Tuesday which is about a 1min walk. Other things within walking distance from here are IHOP and Jersey Gardens outlet. 

Here are some pics of our home for one night:

IMG_6006.thumb.JPG.23003aa4a1b13692c9c4d10ef9fcf2ff.JPGIMG_6008.thumb.JPG.a43cb81572ed65af72f38baee95985de.JPGIMG_6011.thumb.JPG.6fc4bdbc8db0ce52ca253771839fd558.JPGIMG_6012.thumb.JPG.0b04f4233a0dd17ca7e2639338e21a5b.JPGIMG_6013.thumb.JPG.6abfde3197c4ea9755f46d6e843d49e2.JPGIMG_6014.thumb.JPG.6cc4b6e8dfad882bfaa9a2d0659b4fce.JPGIMG_6010.thumb.JPG.e12d60930b02cc903d78c231fa85adcb.JPG

Have a wonderful time!!!

58 minutes ago, KathyC said:

Welcome to Jersey! 

It is colder and there's a lot more snow here compared to where I came from in Canada!  Note to self...no more cruising out of Jersey in the winter! Sail away is going to be a cold one tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

It is colder and there's a lot more snow here compared to where I came from in Canada!  Note to self...no more cruising out of Jersey in the winter! Sail away is going to be a cold one tomorrow!

Dress rehearsal for a much warmer future Alaska cruise.

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Dress rehearsal for a much warmer future Alaska cruise.

This is partially why we have never been interested in an Alaskan cruise. Sail away in jackets and gloves seems wrong. We are a flip flops, tanks and shorts kind of a family. But like I said, march break, KSF, cheaper airfare, Anthem was the reasonable pick this time. 

8 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

This is partially why we have never been interested in an Alaskan cruise. Sail away in jackets and gloves seems wrong. We are a flip flops, tanks and shorts kind of a family. But like I said, march break, KSF, cheaper airfare, Anthem was the reasonable pick this time. 

We are the same way but I'd love to do Alaska once.   I will be waiting to see if the first cold day is a deal breaker!   Glad the snow didn't mess your flights up.   Jane

Good morning all!  In the words of @twangster, IT'S CRUISE DAY!!!

Our stay last night at Embassy Suites was quite pleasant. All in all, a very decent hotel. Beds were comfy, tons of space in the room (all the rooms are suites here), friendly staff. The bath products here are Neutrogena, that might be important for some out there 😉 and the bathroom here more than passes hotel snob approval.

Just sitting downstairs waiting for the kids to finish up breakfast. We are impressed, the complimentary breakfast buffet here is quite extensive. There is the usual continental breakfast items, oatmeal, fresh fruit, the usual hot items (French toast, bacon, sausages, hash browns), 24hr hot beverage station, and even a made to order omelette station. Hubby was pretty impressed by that as most of the other complimentary hotel breakfasts that we've had in the past did not have that option. There's also tons of space here for eating.

IMG_6015.thumb.JPG.0fe32641e6cc6abac55ee9f04b23452b.JPGIMG_6016.thumb.JPG.64d590b63146204c6634a90759301ff5.JPG

Overall, this hotel is not a bad choice at all for a pre-cruise stay. My only complaint, and it's minor, is that you can hear the planes quite clearly at all hours. So if you are a light sleeper, that might be a problem. 

The plan for the next few hours is to pack up, check out, and head on over to Cape Liberty. It's -1 degrees Celsius (feels like -7) right now. It's a cold one!  For my American friends, it's 30 degrees Fahrenheit (feels like 19). @SeasTheDayNJ I think it might be too cold for sail away in flip flops and sandals lol. Better luck next Saturday. 

Off for now, will check back in when we get to the ship!! 😊 

16 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

The plan for the next few hours is to pack up, check out, and head on over to Cape Liberty. It's -1 degrees Celsius (feels like -7) right now. It's a cold one!  For my American friends, it's 30 degrees Fahrenheit (feels like 19). @SeasTheDayNJ I think it might be too cold for sail away in flip flops and sandals lol. Better luck next Saturday. 

Ha. i'm wearing flips either way! Jersey girls are either in uggs or flips -- no in-between :8_laughing: and i'm certainly not bringing my uggs!

7 minutes ago, SeasTheDayNJ said:

Ha. i'm wearing flips either way! Jersey girls are either in uggs or flips -- no in-between :8_laughing: and i'm certainly not bringing my uggs!

I'm in my Toms! The rest are flip flops. Lol. I refused bring boots too! 😆