Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

So as a crazy day unwinds and I am getting ready for bed thought I would do a little pre-cruise update. Flew Southwest for the first time and must say I'm really impressed. I was a little sceptical of the whole boarding procedure but turned out alright. The plane was probably around 75-80% full and a lot of spaces between people. The landing was very hard however, and then you heard the captain come on the speakers with "opps" made everyone laugh. We finally ended up going to buffalo wild wings (one of my favs when we get away) thought I would start with some food pictures even if not from the cruise. I had wings with a mix of sweet BBQ sauce and spicy garlic sauce. I washed it down with an IPA the had advertised (not my most favorite IPA). My next post will be on the ship tomorrow (well technically later today).  

IMG_20180302_230610-1344x756.jpg

IMG_20180302_230600-1344x756.jpg

IMG_20180302_224435-756x1344.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So on board now. Got in around 3:15 after running around doing last minute shopping (we do not shop much at home as its expensive). Only really took us 15/20 minutes to go through security and check i

So today was Laberdee. I have to say coming from Cayman it really isn't much for us. My original plan for today was to go to the floating bar and have a Laberdoozy. We got off the ship a little before

So its food post time :). Today was actually kind of fun because they brought out the kitchen staff to parade around and introduce themselves. It was also lobster night. Sandra and I ended up splittin

Posted Images

So on board now. Got in around 3:15 after running around doing last minute shopping (we do not shop much at home as its expensive). Only really took us 15/20 minutes to go through security and check in. It was pretty much empty as everyone was already on board. Did a scope and now waiting for muster drill to begin. Will check in later.

IMG_20180303_160127-756x1344.thumb.jpg.e855dbc8c7283574555837c281236b36.jpg

 

5 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Following! 

Have a great time this week!

Can you remember to find out if you just pay the difference in price when you order an alcoholic drink with the refreshment package.  I downgraded to the refreshment package so I'm hoping you were right 😉

i will be checking probably later today or tomorrow :) they gave us a discount token and Sandra isn't wanting alcohol yet so will see how the day goes. Will post more 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I flew Southwest for the 1st time to Houston for my cruise.  No worries about the hard landing, 737's tend to land fast.  Let us know how the GigaSky SIM works out.  

I tried to watch your sail away scopes but Voom has had some issues on Liberty so I couldn't tell if it was your my internet or yours. 

Most importantly, enjoy your cruise!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, twangster said:

I flew Southwest for the 1st time to Houston for my cruise.  No worries about the hard landing, 737's tend to land fast.  Let us know how the GigaSky SIM works out.  

Most importantly, enjoy your cruise!

I did a few voom surf stream tests for you in Port and at sea @twangster 

Orlando  server ping 228 down 3,74 MB up184

Miami.   Server ping 213. Down 4.09 up  262

At sea

Puarto plaza ping  236 down 3.99 Up 2.50

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, joost said:

I did a few voom surf stream tests for you in Port and at sea @twangster 

Orlando  server ping 228 down 3,74 MB up184

Miami.   Server ping 213. Down 4.09 up  262

At sea

Puarto plaza ping  236 down 3.99 Up 2.50

 

 

Thank you!  This appears consistent with 2016-2018 Voom O3b speeds.   Freedom had pretty good Voom in my experience on her.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning all, I have to say the mystery dinner was amazing. I'll be doing a more detailed review when I get some free time. They kept the wine coming which was all included, food was amazing and I got a special desert because of my allergies and it was amazing. I must confess I was so hungry when the entrées came around I forgot to take pictures. It all started at On Air served some type of rose sparkling wine as the show started. Then they moved us up to Giovanni's to eat. They brought out pickled vegetables, cheese some meat and bread and some greens for the antipasti.

IMG_20180303_191355-1664x936.thumb.jpg.05a7dfeef88429b18a4527c8a1f38821.jpg

When then had the choose of 3 dishes for the appetizer, beef carpaccio, another was the Mozzarella Di Bufalo which was cheese, tomato and arugula, it was supposed to come with a pesto sauce but Sandra didn't get it because it had nuts.

IMG_20180303_192655-1664x936.thumb.jpg.3c60f86fed4ad9949ae2e6d2c54806aa.jpg

The last one was the soup of the day which was the most amazing minestrone soup I have ever eaten.

IMG_20180303_192714-1664x936.thumb.jpg.07eb89a2f27ae795e8d3a34c76aa32dc.jpg

For the entrées there was the Gnocchi Al Gorgonzola which was Gorgonzola with creamed spinach. Gamberetti Alla Ligure which was grilled prawns, cherry tomato's, garlic butter and a potato purée. Lastly, the Filetto Di Manzo Rustico which was a filet mignon with roasted garlic potato purée and barolo sauce but I swear the whole room got the filet mignon  It was absolutely amazing.

Between entrées and desert they offered us some coffee. Then for desert, Sandra got the chocolate cake, and I was given a little cup dish of some type of strawberry over cream and some type of lime moose thing. I would say both reminded me of cheesecake filling. The lime was so good I ask for more and they brought me 2 more dishes of it. The other dishes were the Tiramisu and ice cream and sorbet.

The show skits run between each of your meals so you get a good little break to let it settle lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, LetsTryThisTech said:

Good morning all, I have to say the mystery dinner was amazing. I'll be doing a more detailed review when I get some free time. They kept the wine coming which was all included, food was amazing and I got a special desert because of my allergies and it was amazing. I must confess I was so hungry when the entrées came around I forgot to take pictures. It all started at On Air served some type of rose sparkling wine as the show started. Then they moved us up to Giovanni's to eat. They brought out pickled vegetables, cheese some meat and bread and some greens for the antipasti.

IMG_20180303_191355-1664x936.thumb.jpg.05a7dfeef88429b18a4527c8a1f38821.jpg

When then had the choose of 3 dishes for the appetizer, beef carpaccio, another was the Mozzarella Di Bufalo which was cheese, tomato and arugula, it was supposed to come with a pesto sauce but Sandra didn't get it because it had nuts.

IMG_20180303_192655-1664x936.thumb.jpg.3c60f86fed4ad9949ae2e6d2c54806aa.jpg

The last one was the soup of the day which was the most amazing minestrone soup I have ever eaten.

IMG_20180303_192714-1664x936.thumb.jpg.07eb89a2f27ae795e8d3a34c76aa32dc.jpg

For the entrées there was the Gnocchi Al Gorgonzola which was Gorgonzola with creamed spinach. Gamberetti Alla Ligure which was grilled prawns, cherry tomato's, garlic butter and a potato purée. Lastly, the Filetto Di Manzo Rustico which was a filet mignon with roasted garlic potato purée and barolo sauce but I swear the whole room got the filet mignon  It was absolutely amazing.

Between entrées and desert they offered us some coffee. Then for desert, Sandra got the chocolate cake, and I was given a little cup dish of some type of strawberry over cream and some type of lime moose thing. I would say both reminded me of cheesecake filling. The lime was so good I ask for more and they brought me 2 more dishes of it. The other dishes were the Tiramisu and ice cream and sorbet.

The show skits run between each of your meals so you get a good little break to let it settle lol.

Menu sounds interesting. How did you sign up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rjac said:

Ray, just tell her to close her eyes and the shower will look just like the one at home, :3_grin:

That strategy will not work for women.  A cruise director will not make or break a cruise for me, but a shower/bathroom that is not nice will 🙂

2 hours ago, Ray said:

If only it was that simple! NO JOKE when booking a hotel etc the ONLY thing that concerns her is the toilet/shower. 

It is a serious issue.  We spend a whole lot of time in the washroom so it has to be a nice space.  Take her concerns seriously 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

That strategy will not work for women.  A cruise director will not make or break a cruise for me, but a shower/bathroom that is not nice will 🙂

It is a serious issue.  We spend a whole lot of time in the washroom so it has to be a nice space.  Take her concerns seriously 😉

She spends a fortune on all these beauty products and in all honesty give me 6 bottles of beer at a fraction of the cost she spends and results the same :4_joy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

That strategy will not work for women.  A cruise director will not make or break a cruise for me, but a shower/bathroom that is not nice will 🙂

It is a serious issue.  We spend a whole lot of time in the washroom so it has to be a nice space.  Take her concerns seriously 😉

All joking aside, I fully understand....my wife is the same way. There have been more than one occasions where we have checked into a motel room, I leave the bags in the car and my wife inspects the room. Bathroom first. If she says OK, I unload the car. If she says no we have changed rooms. 

I spent over twenty years on active duty in the US Army, so a bathroom to me not used to be a big deal especially when I was deployed. However, I am older and grayer now I do appreciate a nice clean roomy facility when nature calls!:27_sunglasses:

Link to post
Share on other sites

@accio7 @joost and I have met up so far. Haven't met @homa0605 yet but hopefully we will. We ended up going to the silent party which was great fun. My camera wasn't great but here is a shot I got from there.IMG_20180304_232358-756x1344.thumb.jpg.71dfa7068d2b2de7ca74c8fa685db4b0.jpg

And a view down to the pool deck.IMG_20180304_234554-756x1344.thumb.jpg.736ef7cd68d2909e51e50c57c36d7a9d.jpg

This afternoon we hit up Sabor for our lunch and I must say it was pretty good. They first brought out the chips and they are very tasty and warm.

IMG_20180305_124050-2150x1209.thumb.jpg.c54bb1733d8e33d8ca594007b36601aa.jpg

Sandra then had the calamari which she really enjoyed. IMG_20180305_130810-1209x2150.thumb.jpg.e76124c51ee46fd382fbe40c0ccbd879.jpg

We found that only one entrée is included but the waitress brought us an extra to share. We went with tacos. Sandra went with the shrimp taco that she said was amazing. I ordered the beef short ribs taco and pulled pork taco. The short ribs were alright but no were near as amazing as the pulled pork. I would highly recommend the pulled pork and Sandra would also recommend the shrimp tacos. IMG_20180305_131830-2150x1209.thumb.jpg.96b9d43575cc0904b534f708f6a20d84.jpg

(Beef Short Rib Taco)

 

IMG_20180305_131839-1209x2150.thumb.jpg.6fe4bb75a507563cc604df01eceec30b.jpg

(Pulled Pork Taco)

 

IMG_20180305_131857-2150x1209.thumb.jpg.7089f85b733d2d867d3f6fe836488f61.jpg

(Shrimp tacos) 

 

We did order sides but I wasn't able to get to them because I was so full. They then brought out the desert but told me I couldn't have it because of my allergies and they weren't safe. They then brought me fruit which was so not the same.IMG_20180305_135751-2150x1209.thumb.jpg.022f7dab5ce972fac071b1c76ccc284c.jpg

Sandra's favorite was the banana chocolate chiming changa. 2nd was the churro which was in the same bowl. Her 3rd favorite was the chocolate crapes. She did not like the coffee con leche, but she's not a coffee drinker. She also didn't like the coconut flan. 

For last nights dinner we went the mdr. I forgot to take pictures of everything but the main course lol. (Still getting used to this) We went without reservations even though it was formal night because we were going a little later and funny enough our line was shorter then the reservation line so it was actually a good thing. So first up, they brought me sourdough bread off the bat because of my allergies and boy was it good bread, I could have just kept eating it lol. Sandra ordered the lobster bisque which she said was really good. I ordered the French onion soup and it was not my type of food but that's fine I save room for desert. For our main course we both picked them same thing which was the beef tenderloin with mashed potato, gravy and asparagus, this was amazing. After we finished that I had some coffee and Sandra had some tea before moving to desert. I ordered both the apple pie and the strawberry cheesecake and Sandra had an apple pie. They were both great except for the apple pie having like 2 raisins in it which made absolutely no sense. IMG_20180304_203328-1344x756.thumb.jpg.f438e2b3b38f4211ac178fd2c2717999.jpg

 

We also had an amazing ice show last night. The main theme was freedom (wonder where they thought of that). There were some times when the boat shifted you thought they may not make it and although they looked like they had to make a quick adjustment they did it well.IMG_20180304_160721-1344x756.thumb.jpg.1357503086523a97fa87b5139876f4e5.jpgIMG_20180304_160728-1344x756.thumb.jpg.c44afe7c8f628087dca85530c8624e90.jpgIMG_20180304_162920-1344x756.thumb.jpg.e8e3ad2c34cbf46546e1e197c3f15ae2.jpgIMG_20180304_161028-1344x756.thumb.jpg.111ae13384f2d72e1dff12366d6e0384.jpgIMG_20180304_162231-1344x756.thumb.jpg.8cf2fcfaaf9b342ff2c702aaaa474a33.jpgIMG_20180304_162426-1344x756.thumb.jpg.d12892ae81532c5ff9eb067940fbb73b.jpg

 

@joost and I asked the bartender about adding alcohol and only paying the difference and they confirmed at least at his bar. I think it may also depend on the bartender but most should be able to do it.

To end my post here are some photos of the windjammer. IMG_20180304_082602-1664x1248.thumb.jpg.a3cb2f0d3db0730f699665fbc8b00161.jpgIMG_20180304_082850-1664x1248.thumb.jpg.81e1c0abe8c24003e51ada4cad18f6e6.jpgIMG_20180304_083012-1664x1248.thumb.jpg.b5f6d51da76b9312df9387b06d4a8ad7.jpgIMG_20180304_082913-1664x1248.thumb.jpg.a6532160243da72b701daadeeffa5c2e.jpgIMG_20180304_082615-1664x1248.thumb.jpg.55308945e4d4de8f08759ad8b6c18967.jpgIMG_20180304_082740-1664x1248.thumb.jpg.b4480c6c7b697484f9596ecccdf2764f.jpgIMG_20180304_082522-1664x1248.thumb.jpg.977601d2f4f35a22efdbd0242c8bf7b5.jpgIMG_20180304_083000-1664x1248.thumb.jpg.ecd1420b1677ac0b3520940a8a7697ed.jpgIMG_20180304_082447-1664x1248.thumb.jpg.16aacab6bfd440f5ff42b1329b8ca60a.jpg

 

IMG_20180304_160710-1344x756.jpg

IMG_20180304_164032-1344x756.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...