WONDERing How Cruise #2 Will Go - March 17-24, 2024

OCSC Mike

21 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I have been in 4 hurricanes in Jamaica. I love the rain. 

We’ve had way more than that pass over our house outside Orlando. Fortunately most of them minor & we really only mind them most of the time b/c of a building issue but I won’t get into that. Regardless, I don’t need sun but I’ll pass on the rain too.

Back in the Solarium which is now very crowded but we’ve had our loungers since this morning so all good. Wife went back to the cabin after WJ to grab something & said the glass elevators were shut down.

I was pretty cold after sitting in the wind tunnel of ELF so I followed @GatorCruiser’s lead. Figured the jalapeño might warm me up. Same as the Goalpost margarita from Playmakers just in a pool deck friendly plastic glass.

IMG_2034.thumb.jpeg.228014ab9c39d18f4162c4fd00c83b22.jpeg

I may not have found Matt but I did just run into the comic we liked at Park Cafe. Going to see the 10:00 main theater show tonight. Last stop at CL happy hour & MDR before that, then 90’s Name That Tune b/c that's the type of pre-vintages that we are.

Light drizzle at the moment. Ship never got rocky so the storms weren’t a big deal to us.

40 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

We’re in the end game now @OCSC Mike got hit up all the spots we can until this party is over. 

Exactly how I feel on the last night of every cruise. Usually have more regrets about not doing/eating enough of certain things but think I did better this time. I definitely had my fill of ELF, lol.

#1 goal before our next cruise is to learn to drink more so vouchers don’t go to waste.

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I must have just missed you. Will add to story later.

Riverboat Float b/c I’m a big kid & don’t drink whiskey like you.

IMG_2040.thumb.jpeg.8d07f825d57ac9caa52b1da3d6435348.jpeg

Dangit I would have loved to see y’all one last  time to say goodbye.  @Matt the community he’s created on this board brings people together if even temporarily. That’s powerful human connection and he should be proud. I guess I’m getting contemplative because im nostalgic and I’m sad about this cruise being over. 

34 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I can rarely finish my vouchers since I also utilize my prime status.

I should have clarified… I can finish mine without Prime; it’s finishing my wife’s on days when she has one drink that will be the challenge now that we’re D+, lol.

I like having some canned soda & Truly in the fridge so that’s fine for some of them even if I’m not maximizing dollar value but I’m not trying to stock the cabin like it’s a vending machine. I’ll figure it out.

6 hours ago, asquared17 said:

CUP CLIP 😍

I have been referring to mine as Clippy. 

@OCSC Mike and @GatorCruiser, your photos are awesome! I keep showing them to Spouse to convince Spouse to go on another cruise with me. Spouse keeps saying no, it's a "special" trip, it shouldn't be all the time, blah blah blah. Spouse is ridiculous. Thankfully, I can always cruise solo. 😉

Happy last night of your cruise!!!!! (though I know it's FAR from happy to pack, lol)

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Will add to story later.

Rest of Mason Jar story…

Pretty sure I mentioned that my wife ran into the very friendly & excellent server we had with the family last June on day 1 while I was getting a drink from the bar. Anyway, she was our server for brunch on day 3 and we got to know her a bit more. The plan was to go back that night and my wife was going to get a milkshake. When we did, our server wasn’t there & someone told us she wasn’t feeling well & had to go to medical. Naturally we were concerned.

Fast forward to tonight when I went there for a drink… my wife saw her and I think she’ll be fine but we went back to our cabin to get her some OTC meds to leave with her. She was very appreciative & even got my wife her favorite dessert (Gone Bananas) to go at no charge.

I don’t want to share specific details and that stuff isn’t important anyway. I’m just happy to report that we’re still having many of the experiences that have always made our cruises so great. Sure the WJ has a bit less variety, the MDR may not be as good as it once was (you know I’m not even a huge subscriber to that one), our bed was only made once/day, etc. but our overall enjoyment hasn’t really diminished.

That’s probably it for now. I have a handful of random thoughts to share but I’ll post them from home. We’re doing self-assist in the morning with no real plan as far as timing other than sometime after I have one more morning of CL cappuccino & stuff myself one last time.

Thanks to all who followed along & contributed (especially @GatorCruiser of course).

Thank you guys for taking us along!! We got that nasty weather yesterday in Philly, as well- rained from 4am to 4pm Saturday. Glad it wasn't enough to...dampen your trip (dad pun intended).  You got me pumped for mine, even though we won't have all of the awesome venues this time around, still excited to get back on a ship and both of you guys posting all these pics of the food and loungers and COOKIES has me hoping this countdown starts moving faster!  

16 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

#1 goal before our next cruise is to learn to drink more so vouchers don’t go to waste.

You've come to the right place ... i can help you with that. 

Follow me for alcohol tips. I'm a professional. 😆 🍻 🍸 🧉 

Follow @asquared17 for non-alcoholic tips. We all know what happens when she's only had one drink 🤣 and reverts to using vouchers for 💧 (I'm sorry, A, too soon? 😁)

20 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I was living for all the photos. So happy you shared. Until next time

Happy that everyone seemed to enjoy the blog so much. Also happy that I accomplished my goal of more shorter posts with pics.

That said, I'm still a work in progress and I may have been posting a little TOO frequently. My goal in June will be to mostly emulate this one but save some posts for later (as opposed to closer to real-time) when we're truly not doing anything for a while so that I'm not on my phone so much during short breaks in the action. Obviously I enjoy sharing everything with you guys... but I don't want to take anything away from enjoying the time with my wife. I know there's room for both, I just have to find the happy medium.

For so many obvious reasons... I'm feeling very fortunate knowing that we'll be back on Wonder in exactly 10 weeks... and then 5 weeks after that one ends.