WONDERing How Cruise #2 Will Go - March 17-24, 2024

OCSC Mike

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

It’s in Studio B for some reason. Thought it was usually in the Aqua Theater.

I've been to both venues for Top Tier. Sometimes I wonder if it depends on what the CD at the time prefers, or perhaps which entertainer (skater or aqua show cast) they can secure?

Waiting for top tier event. We rarely bother going but had time to kill before Mason Jar. It’s in Studio B for some reason. Thought it was usually in the Aqua Theater.

IMG_3780.thumb.jpeg.f75f94652de2c11a4a3c4649932b9b5b.jpeg

Just think... next cruise, you'll be included in the D+ figures! 🥳

Is it today or was it yesterday that you hit the big 175?

32 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Is it today or was it yesterday that you hit the big 175?

Yesterday. 🎉 Thanks for remembering.

Mason Jar pics coming later. My wife took over (she has a better phone & takes better photos than I do) so I have to get them from her & I’m too stuffed right now.

Mason Jar Brunch

Another Mississippi Moonlight

IMG_3831.thumb.jpeg.3be1d4f07c64ff61a8d3e129c0bd9e1c.jpeg

Chicken from the sandwich minus the bread with mashed potatoes & a biscuit

IMG_3832.thumb.jpeg.69f5a2a37fbeab3baa399e0364c6bba9.jpeg

Peanut butter stuffed French toast

IMG_3834.thumb.jpeg.bc5dfcd99bebd0bab910cbdac41bd36e.jpeg

Chicken n waffles

IMG_3837.thumb.jpeg.2cf2e4a59cf844c13778a605b0a761fe.jpeg

Blueberry johnnycakes with pulled pork

IMG_3839.thumb.jpeg.b10aa07a35d0f606d9035b15d3447a1e.jpeg

Chicken pot pie

IMG_3844.thumb.jpeg.7aae0d213e2311eed27c9c55f41832a6.jpegIMG_3849.thumb.jpeg.48e63909efe0e2a78cc8d731b835dd2d.jpeg

Bread pudding

IMG_3851.thumb.jpeg.598d5fdb45e33412e1035b41fa7a339f.jpeg

Go Bananas

IMG_3855.thumb.jpeg.0e404b454c489874caf5fcc7ac245fa9.jpeg

Fried oreo

IMG_3852.thumb.jpeg.8b94ed0c9d2da72c1e292bd0f3382809.jpeg

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Crisis averted. @GatorCruiser was kind enough to offer to grab my wife some chocolate croissants from the SL but they were out in the CL today.

Yay!!

6 hours ago, Sweety said:

...we got our cabin steward water and pop of his choice.

As a former midwestern-er, I love hearing someone say "pop." I've been on the East Coast for 27 years now and have converted to saying soda but still like hearing that.

15 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Peanut butter stuffed French toast

image.jpeg.28ddad18ab47f6363f0402574e5b256c.jpeg

21 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

Agreed, you’d think he was a professional food blogger for a magazine. Royal needs to hire you @OCSC Mike for promotional materials. 

That was all my wife with her iPhone 15 Pro & photo skills.

17 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

desert pear marg at schooner

Tried this the other day for the 1st time. Royal is turning me into a margarita lover. I always liked the Goalpost at Playmakers but thought this was really good too.

MDR was mediocre but we’re still a little full from Mason Jar so it’s fine. Didn’t bother taking pics. French onion soup was pretty bad, beef tenderloin was actually on the rare side how I wanted it & not bad at all, crème brûlée is what it is.

We have a 2-top next to one other 2-top & have been chatting with a friendly couple. Tonight the woman asked me if I did a live blog from Wonder in June, lol. She read it at that other site (I cross posted that one, I’m loyal you guys now). Thought that was pretty crazy. She thanked me… but no tip. Oh well.

Taking some professional pics so we can get our 2 freebies then going to adult comedy later. Early dining being at 5:00 is making us wait in crazy lines. When it was 5:30 we used to quickly take pics before dinner with almost no line.

37 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We have a 2-top next to one other 2-top & have been chatting with a friendly couple. Tonight the woman asked me if I did a live blog from Wonder in June, lol. She read it at that other site (I cross posted that one, I’m loyal you guys now). Thought that was pretty crazy. She thanked me… but no tip. Oh well.

That's pretty crazy! 

4 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

Lavender Martini and desert pear marg at schooner. 

IMG_1335.jpeg

@GatorCruiser and @OCSC Mike you guys are killing me here with these food & drink pics! Take me back to cruising!  First Mason Jar brunch photos and now two of my drinks on board! @recogneyes and I just had these exact drinks last week! 

Dinner tonight was at 150 Central Park. Service was slow.l but food was fine. I had a @Matt sighting (he and his family were leaving as we were waiting to be seated) I realized it was him as he was walking out. Don’t worry @OCSC Mike I didn’t accost him  didn’t say a word. I don’t want to be that person.  Anywho, pics of the food below.my wife got the lamb Wellington and I got halibut. 

IMG_1338.jpeg

IMG_1339.jpeg

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I wonder what "mildly perturb" means because I am sure we have two different meanings 🤣

Lol. It wasn’t a huge deal. There wasn’t a scene that reached your level of shenanigans or anything… they just needed to be told 2-3 times before accepting that there was a difference between Sky & Star.

1 hour ago, Gilley said:

Not in the mood for flying beyond my Icon sailing so I’m not sure if and when I will sail her.  Is there any other ships with the Mason Jar or just Wonder?

You know I don’t blame you. I won’t even drive to south Florida.

So far Utopia is the only other ship that will have Mason Jar.

CL shenanigans with the breakfast offerings. No chocolate croissants for my wife again… which is why I got her 3 the other day just in case (to keep some in the cabin). Also none of those custard danishes with the fruit this morning. No big deal, just sharing.

Best CL in the fleet for coffee. They have two machines so one breaking isn’t an issue & love that you can make a double cappuccino that fills the whole cup.

IMG_1978.thumb.jpeg.303c5f1e1f53e0da25c15b80d6099e50.jpeg

Haven’t been getting up crazy early so didn’t make my usual 6:30am Park Cafe run for either a McMuffin or bagel. Just grabbed a bagel & lox in the CL. They’re better freshly toasted at Park Cafe but oh well. I’m sure I’ll have an actual breakfast later after wife is done walking 5 miles.

IMG_1979.thumb.jpeg.d13251bfbcec50201cf1bfea09dac2e5.jpeg

St. Thomas today but we don’t dock til like 12:30 so we’re staying on the ship, chilling in the Solarium, playing some trivia, & I need to catch up on my lack of ELF so far. 🌮 CocoCay on day 2 and then stuffing myself at Mason Jar yesterday kinda took up the food intake. I’ll make up for it on the back half other than being on a long excursion tomorrow in St. Martin.

38 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

St. Thomas today but we don’t dock til like 12:30

From looking at the cabin TV map, we’re pretty close to St. Thomas (but still doing 19.8 kts).

I’m not well versed in this stuff, but we left CocoCay over 36 hours ago. I feel like we should be able to get to St. Thomas earlier just be going a tiny bit faster per hour over such a long way. Maybe I’m wrong or maybe others enjoy being in port from 12-7pm instead of 9-5 or whatever.

Just some random thoughts. Off to breakfast, Solarium, etc.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Best CL in the fleet for coffee. They have two machines so one breaking isn’t an issue & love that you can make a double cappuccino that fills the whole cup.

Yes! I totally agree! After using these on WN, (I cannot remember what they used on OY), and then IC, it was a rude awakening having to use the old ones again on OA last week. 

9 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

Which one of you ballers booked ultimate family townhouse on Star for 180k? Per suite concierge, that’s what it’s going for.  I took a pass this time 😜

I think we saw 80-100K at one point. My FIL wouldn’t go for it though. Not sure if it was the money or sharing one suite with the fam though. 🤣

25 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

Which one of you ballers booked ultimate family townhouse on Star for 180k?

Pass. All those Ultimate Townhouse, Ultimate Family suites give me recess vibes big time! I don't go on vacation to feel like I am at a pre-school or kindergarten classroom lol

From looking at the cabin TV map, we’re pretty close to St. Thomas (but still doing 19.8 kts).

I’m not well versed in this stuff, but we left CocoCay over 36 hours ago. I feel like we should be able to get to St. Thomas earlier just be going a tiny bit faster per hour over such a long way. Maybe I’m wrong or maybe others enjoy being in port from 12-7pm instead of 9-5 or whatever.

Just some random thoughts. Off to breakfast, Solarium, etc.

There are 3 ships docked at St Thomas right now.  Weather looks lovely!☺️ 
And Wonder is arriving!

Edited by PPPJJ-GCVAB
Added info

It's a very fine line, right? 

I follow a DCL concierge only guy as he is so interesting, not only his experiences but even his home that he shares gorgeous photos of. He ONLY sailed the most expensive suites on DCL every ship all the time. The new DCL itineraries just came out for 2025 and he reported first time ever he wasn't booking DCL he was booking the ICON. I almost fell out of my chair. I was like wow, Congratulations Royal you are hitting your goal, But..

Royals goal of pulling away from DCL is working beyond their wildest imagination I'm sure, BUT they need to be careful of alienating the rest of us. I always felt Royal was an amazing product for the price. 

This morning I was looking at NCL... just saying. Just looking, but still.... 

I don't begrudge RC making money by any means, but my last experience I felt changes that I didn't exactly love. Oh well, I'll have to keep testing one sailing at a time.