diamonds go AGAIN!! (an oasis reprise) ~ 2.4.2024-2.11.2024 ~ oasis of the seas

asquared17

Holy guacamole, that lunch looks GOOD!

I have to laugh at the cup clip - I went to Amazon to look at it as well. WHY DO I NEED THIS?!?? I've survived without it this long on a cruise ship, what's change?!? #gofundmyrandomcruisepurchases

Labadee looks beautiful. I definitely want to go on a future cruise. Some people say it's not great compared to PDCC, but I'm curious if you thought it was good in and of itself. 

Thank goodness for no tsunamis at the pier today!!!!

dinner time! 

IMG_8143.thumb.jpeg.2b17fbf42a3a3d619d79894217e9d690.jpeg

it’s caribbean night  😎 and also @Ampurp85’s favorite - the dancing and singing by all MDR crew. 😅🙃😂

for some reason, when i held off the mushrooms and sundried tomatoes, they felt compelled to add italian frying peppers to my pesto tagliatelle 🧐🧐🧐IMG_8146.thumb.jpeg.28d1f7d7c1b29d4dd769318ba911af14.jpeg

we also both ordered the coconut fried shrimp and J got the caribbean chicken. 

IMG_8145.thumb.jpeg.6e5e2ea80249f6d67414ba027f4a80b3.jpegIMG_8147.thumb.jpeg.d68c571dfd346c7c913aa370b1d9425f.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

I have to laugh at the cup clip - I went to Amazon to look at it as well. WHY DO I NEED THIS?!?? I've survived without it this long on a cruise ship, what's change?!? #gofundmyrandomcruisepurchases

it’s more useful and handy than you think!!!

41 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

Labadee looks beautiful. I definitely want to go on a future cruise. Some people say it's not great compared to PDCC, but I'm curious if you thought it was good in and of itself. 

honestly, comparing the two is like apples to oranges.

labadee is gorgeous. i know the crew prefer it to PDCC because they have they own beach on labadee as well. 

we used to be better about getting off the ship, and getting a ship pic too. 

i have had a hard time in the past eating food on the island because of bugs flying around but since we have not gotten off the last couple times, i cannot say if that is still an issue for sure. 

i love seeing the sunrise in labadee; i love the look of the hills in the distance and the blues and greens of the water in the lagoon area. 

(this of course is all much improved when there is no man overboard 😳😅)

if you’ve never gone, and you like the beach or just to relax, i would highly recommend it. it’s free, it’s a relatively easy walk (esp when compared to traipsing all over PDCC if you don’t take the tram like us), and you can come back on the ship at any time. 

in my pre-vintage 👵🏻 state, i find myself longing for the quiet of a near-empty ship when we’re in port and often relish the peaceful time we have instead. having been many times before, i am loathe to give that up, even to walk off for a brief time at labadee.

…sorry for the novel and my waxing poetic near the end. 😅 i hope that helps!!

13 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I love those pants 😍

Wait the singing/dancing night is always Caribbean night and not the second to last night?????? That can't be right........wait Caribbean night in theme not menu, because it was Taste of Italy on Allure, but they were dressed Caribbean. 🤔

thank you!!

we are a sunday to sunday sailing! so it was caribbean night tonight 😎

11 hours ago, asquared17 said:

(i should have led with this 😂)

Drink Cup Holder Clip - Home Office Table Desk Side Huge Clip Water Drink Beverage Soda Coffee Mug Holder Cup Saucer Clip Design (New Blue)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B088DFX1BB?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Just ordered 2!   Thanks….

Definitely ordering a cup clip, I bought my mom one for her patio for Christmas not realizing I should be using it myself on vacations! 

PS. YOU GUYS I am in resume review for a senior designer at my agency and some guy’s portfolio has the Royal App, every Royal email I’ve ever received, the little heart safety icon thing from right after Covid, a Coco Cay map.. just wow. Never reviewed someones portfolio before where I’ve actually experienced the product!! I had to share with people who would care!!! 😂

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

ITS POWER OF LOVE. 

it’s the aqua show!!!

YES!!!!!!

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

for some reason, when i held off the mushrooms and sundried tomatoes, they felt compelled to add italian frying peppers to my pesto tagliatelle

what in the actual...........

1 hour ago, GatorCruiser said:

I get stoked just reading someone else’s cruise experience let alone when I’m aboard. It’s just the best. 

same!!!!! 💚

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Just ordered 2!   Thanks….

YAY!! welcome to the cup clip club!! (say THAT 10 times fast 😂)

57 minutes ago, DDaley said:

Definitely ordering a cup clip, I bought my mom one for her patio for Christmas not realizing I should be using it myself on vacations! 

yes!!!!!

58 minutes ago, DDaley said:

YOU GUYS I am in resume review for a senior designer at my agency and some guy’s portfolio has the Royal App, every Royal email I’ve ever received, the little heart safety icon thing from right after Covid, a Coco Cay map.. just wow. Never reviewed someones portfolio before where I’ve actually experienced the product!! I had to share with people who would care!!! 😂

THIS IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!

i love it!!!!!!!

52 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am beginning to see why you have so much luggage 😂

busted!!! but i am very honest about my luggage needs 😂😆🤣

36 minutes ago, GregD said:

what in the actual...........

THANK YOU for this reaction!!! i, too, was like…. what has actually happened here???

J and i both were unsure. 

an actual conversation just now between me and J, as the dulcet tones of aqua 80 roar on in the background….

me: … we gotta get the seats.

J: …. can we wait until the morning to talk about this? i can’t do anything about it right now????

me: you don’t understand. it’s falmouth. we get in late and we leave early. people will not be getting off. it’s practically a sea day. the sun deck is gonna be mobbed.

J: okay. i think we’ll be fine though. 

me: [quietly, under my breath] we gotta get the seats. 

also me: [begins plotting]

meanwhile, in the distance, aqua 80 continues … and i narrate what songs are currently playing, much to J’s eternal dismay 😂

4 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

WE. GOT. THE SEATS!!!!

NEVER. IN. DOUBT.

Put that cup holder to good use!

And if it makes anyone feel better, I may actually buy them after all. My wife liked them (no surprise there) and her bday is next week so I may just add them to her pile of small gifts (after 22 years of marriage, we don't really do big gifts anymore).

oh dear i thought that had loaded 20 mins ago. 

in any case!!!!

i braved the jammer. they had closed the starboard side down and farmed us all over to the port side. which… is fine. except the handwashing section is about half the size… and i watched so many humans just refuse to wait and walk straight on in to the food.

to me, this is why it makes sense to keep ELF open for breakfast… but i am overruled in that.

i would say that is one of the chief things i miss about cruising pre-shutdown. we could always go there, avoid the masses, and get a quick breakfast.

but moving on!

the deer in headlights maneuvering was in FULL FORCE this morning. people approaching from all sides, ignoring lines (and common courtesy) and just being generally a mess 😅😂

i grabbed my biscuits, my grapefruit and an egg situation, and i fled.

(well first i washed my hands again. then i fled.)

this next small nitpick is for my fellow tea drinkers. i know @Lovetocruise2002 will understand, as she is a kettle person like my mom. 

since the whole sore throat thing has kicked in the past few days, i’ve been drinking tea in the morning. which is delightful.

and when i go to the crown lounge,  i just make the tea with the hot water from the coffee maker. (which is fixed, btw. or at least was… two days ago.)

but the common areas have hot water in the big multi purpose coffee urns. so o always request hot water from behind the counter. there is a literal hot water spigot there. 

and each time, after waiting patiently and politely requesting hot water (with a please and thank you), i am told to use the hot water in the urn. 

and each time, i have to explain that the hot water tastes like coffee, and may i please  have my mug filled up with the hot water that is not in the urn. 

today was no exception 😅😂

alas.

IMG_8162.jpeg

Ooh, an egg sighting! At least that's something that would be part of my main breakfast, lol.

You'd enjoy the new design of the WJ on Wonder... just sayin'. I feel like I sound ungrateful for freeloading in Sky Class in June. I'm totally not and we had an amazing time with the best crew ever in CK/SL. I'm just looking forward to spending more time at my usual included venues.

I never ate there but ELF was open and empty for breakfast on Wonder in June. It looked like a great option for the basics with nice outdoor seating. Seems like a moot point though, looking at the current sailing in the app, it looks like it's no longer open for breakfast there either. Oh well.

45 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

this next small nitpick is for my fellow tea drinkers. i know @Lovetocruise2002 will understand, as she is a kettle person like my mom. 

since the whole sore throat thing has kicked in the past few days, i’ve been drinking tea in the morning. which is delightful.

and when i go to the crown lounge,  i just make the tea with the hot water from the coffee maker. (which is fixed, btw. or at least was… two days ago.)

but the common areas have hot water in the big multi purpose coffee urns. so o always request hot water from behind the counter. there is a literal hot water spigot there. 

and each time, after waiting patiently and politely requesting hot water (with a please and thank you), i am told to use the hot water in the urn. 

and each time, i have to explain that the hot water tastes like coffee, and may i please  have my mug filled up with the hot water that is not in the urn. 

today was no exception 😅😂

I understand completely. The snob in me would politely ask the room attendant and the crown lounge concierge if there was any possible way to get a kettle in the room. 😉

Your grapefruit has mandarins and I think on Wonder it was kiwi and on Allure it was grapes. Also it seems like Oasis has the honey butter biscuits, but the other ship just has regular. So to recap....... Oasis has the better breakfast and Aqua80s but is also bordering into a demon ship territory with all its shenanigans 🤣.

9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Bezos (and you all) got me! It was 15% off if you buy 2! This is very exciting to the poors. 🤣

mike, we are all so happy you have joined us in our cup clip club!!!!

(i would love to know how many we sold in the past 48 hours and would not be surprised if the dynamic pricing shifts soon 😂)

17 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

So to recap....... Oasis has the better breakfast and Aqua80s but is also bordering into a demon ship territory with all its shenanigans 🤣.

oh my lord…. so far only one ship holds the title of demon ship and luckily for oasis, even WITH all her shenanigans, she still sails free of that moniker. mostly because of the crew, but i was just saying to J this morning that i would like to cruise without a calamity befalling us just once 😅

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

I second (or third) the hot water situation. I always request a kettle just in case they have one for the cabin. I'm a tea drinker all my life, probably drank it out of my bottle.... and I hate when the water tastes like coffee. Add me to that list! I appreciate your pain here!!!

YES!! i actually almost tagged you too, but i couldn’t remember and didn’t want to drag you into it if i was wrong 😂

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I understand completely. The snob in me would politely ask the room attendant and the crown lounge concierge if there was any possible way to get a kettle in the room. 😉

i wasn’t even thinking about that but it would have been a great idea… i was so delighted that our fridge was keeping things cold that i couldn’t have dreamed of more kitchen-esque offerings 😂😂

and yes, plane hot water is THE WORST. i always try to get prior to boarding just in case for that reason. 

i guess i need to add a mini kettle to my duffle… 

and this is why my mom travels with one. 😂