Giving some love to Cafe270

SGlazylife

After browsing the forums for awhile, i've noticed there isn't much love given to cafe270. It might be my favourite included venue on the quantum ships.

On embarkation day, lunch at 270 is a huge lifesaver to get away from crowds at the WJ. And while the food options are limited and don't change much from day to day, the quality relative to the WJ is much better.

I truly love the toasted sandwiches and wraps as well as assortment of baked goods for lunch. They even have a small cooked foods area for those friends and family who are forced away from the WJ.

And the best thing about cafe270 has got to be the breakfast. Bagels with whatever combination of cream cheese, delightful royal egg muffins, and those tiny crossinis which fill up that small space in my heart. One trick with the bagels is that you can always ask for smoked salmon if thats your thing, i saw some people doing it on my last cruise and was thinking, "why didn't i think of that".

Not to mention the view of the ocean while munching on your grub. It always feels less crowded and somehow more cosy than the other breakfast venues (gold member/non-suite guest). And if you're there in the morning, the morning stretch is held there to limber you up for the rest of the day.

This is just an appreciation post for cafe270. What are other tips and tricks, or things you like about cafe270?

• 1 month later...

Agree - I hit it on my Anthem cruise on embarkation day for the roast beef sandwich and to avoid the Windjammer. We also did breakfast there several times - especially on port days just to grab something quick on the way to getting off the ship. On my upcoming Ovation cruise, I'll be using it too. Most likely on embarkation day and occasionally for a quick bite for lunch. 

Two70 is such a great venue during the day. Love the views and relative quietness. 

• 2 weeks later...

Love Two70 and the Cafe! The cafe was our go-to in the morning for breakfast/coffee (especially iced Chai lattes 🙂) and it was easy to carry it into Two70 for my daughter to work on homework (we were on Anthem) after we ate. Loved their sandwiches at lunch as well (and that little shrimp cockail they had....yummy!). 

20231212_090343.jpg

My wife and I loved 270 for the views and a nice quiet place to enjoy our morning coffee.  As for the food we didn't like it at all.  Breakfast was just ok and so limited.  In the afternoon I tried the roast beef sandwich, and it was terrible!  I'm talkin hard bread with a super low quality chewy slice of beef.  The staff in there seemed like they were very uninterested in what they were doing, and the girl slicing the beef looked like she just learned how to do it.  This was Ovation of the Seas inaugural sailing to Alaska from Vancouver May 11th to May 19th 2023.  I will say, the cruise and the Alaska experience was sooo amazing that I would daydream about it 3 weeks later while at work.  Really liked Brian Leavitt the cruise director!

On 1/4/2024 at 1:15 PM, Aron_Ross said:

My wife and I loved 270 for the views and a nice quiet place to enjoy our morning coffee.  As for the food we didn't like it at all.  Breakfast was just ok and so limited.  In the afternoon I tried the roast beef sandwich, and it was terrible!  I'm talkin hard bread with a super low quality chewy slice of beef.  The staff in there seemed like they were very uninterested in what they were doing, and the girl slicing the beef looked like she just learned how to do it.  This was Ovation of the Seas inaugural sailing to Alaska from Vancouver May 11th to May 19th 2023.  I will say, the cruise and the Alaska experience was sooo amazing that I would daydream about it 3 weeks later while at work.  Really liked Brian Leavitt the cruise director!

It's a small cafe it's supposed to be limited, so many other places on the ship with loads of choices.

Funny…I was just showing my husband what Odyssey looks like as she was sailing out of FLL!  He is hooked on Central Park’s Park Cafe for lunch 🥗 (he loves the salad you can have made!)!  He has been quite nervous because I told him there is no Central Park or Boardwalk or Promenade on Odyssey and he is wondering what is going to keep him busy when we are sailing across the Atlantic in 2025!  
So reading this was perfect timing and when I told him about Cafe 270 he perked up a bit!  😥 

So happy that many are sharing the love :).

Recently got off a ship and i gotta say that cafetwo70 really holds its ground for breakfast, even against suite dining breakfast options. Shout out to the royal egg muffin and bagel station. (Always ask for the hidden smoked salmon)

Lunch on the last trip at two70 has been a bit disappointing but still really love the views and the vibe there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 6:26 PM, TimeRacer said:

We're sailing on Ovation in the spring, and two70 looks so interesting to me. I have a feeling I'm gonna fall in love and just live there for the week.

We sailed on Anthem and I have to say I instantly fell in love with the 270 space - cafe and theater. I found the cafe portion to be very well run with great staff. And honestly, I never thought I'd like a "song and dance review" type show, but the show was great - it was cool seeing a rehearsal and then the full production. 

I hope you love your cruise on Ovation and enjoy the 270 space as much as we did!

On 1/14/2024 at 5:35 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Funny…I was just showing my husband what Odyssey looks like as she was sailing out of FLL!  He is hooked on Central Park’s Park Cafe for lunch 🥗 (he loves the salad you can have made!)!  He has been quite nervous because I told him there is no Central Park or Boardwalk or Promenade on Odyssey and he is wondering what is going to keep him busy when we are sailing across the Atlantic in 2025!  
So reading this was perfect timing and when I told him about Cafe 270 he perked up a bit!  😥 

I think Park Cafe is great - especially with the option for outdoor seating. But you'll both find that Cafe270 is pretty awesome - I think the way its laid out is a little more efficient than Park Cafe. 

Hope to see you on the TA in 2025!

two70 is the only place I found myself going back to for on the go meals and just a nice place to sit and relax when there weren't any shows/events happening in the two70 theatre.. I never bothered with the other places, except maybe the Solarium