Solarium age limit changing to 18

Love it, now the question is will it be enforced ?  How about while the ship is in Alaska ?  On our ship the children were swimming in the large pool (which was heated) at Noon and when the Solarium opened for them at 1 pm they arrived.  One child left an unwelcome addition to the pool and it had to be drained and cleaned.  The larger pool is heated, and was being used by many children so why open up the Solarium ?

1 hour ago, Montemy2419 said:

Love it, now the question is will it be enforced ?  How about while the ship is in Alaska ?  On our ship the children were swimming in the large pool (which was heated) at Noon and when the Solarium opened for them at 1 pm they arrived.  One child left an unwelcome addition to the pool and it had to be drained and cleaned.  The larger pool is heated, and was being used by many children so why open up the Solarium ?

To be fair, plenty of adults yak (or worse) in the pool. It's not a kids only problem.

10 hours ago, Doug_Texas said:

Maybe they can start selling Solarium Day Passes. 🤣🤣🤣

Other lines do this and it is one of the most popular items.  Sells out every time.  It's one of those rush to book as soon as you board things if you want it.  Now the prices aren't crazy RCI prices, they run $20 for a half day and $40 for a full day.  Cabanas $80/Day.

44 minutes ago, Xaa said:

I think they should allow only those over 56 and under 58.  The exception being my 12 year old who really acts more like a 57 year old than most who are 57.

Lol

Don’t tell my wife ….she turns 56 next month and I’m still a couple months from 54.  I could totally see her telling me I have to wait by the entrance. 🤣

10 hours ago, Xaa said:

Other lines do this and it is one of the most popular items.  Sells out every time.  It's one of those rush to book as soon as you board things if you want it.  Now the prices aren't crazy RCI prices, they run $20 for a half day and $40 for a full day.  Cabanas $80/Day.

Please don't give these people any more ideas. 🤑😆

Take NCL for example a 1 day pass for their beach vibe club onboard their ships cost a minimum of $99 dollars and week long passes cost $229 dollars a price that is only bound to increase over time.  I like the solarium I use both the solarium and the suite deck but I don't want to pay to use the solarium.

1 hour ago, JasonOasis said:

Please don't give these people any more ideas. 🤑😆

Take NCL for example a 1 day pass for their beach vibe club onboard their ships cost a minimum of $99 dollars and week long passes cost $229 dollars a price that is only bound to increase over time.  I like the solarium I use both the solarium and the suite deck but I don't want to pay to use the solarium.

If they didn't go all 'royal' with the prices and it was similar to vibe prices on NCL I would gladly pay for it.

26 minutes ago, TimeRacer said:

While I'm fine with this change, it won't stop the drunken frat boys from being obnoxious.

I spend a lot of time in the solariums and have never had any issues (or even noticed) 16 and 17 year olds. Now the over indulged frat boys (and girls) have definitely got on my nerves a time or 2. 

10 hours ago, karl_nj said:

Were 16 year olds in the solarium actually an issue?

This "consistency" excuse seems a little odd to me. Will they also change the age limit from 16 to 18 for the gym then?

If they really want to be consistent then "Kids Sail Free" should go up to age 17, instead of ending at age 11, no?

Sure why not let them 16year olds drink too. 

16 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

If they didn't go all 'royal' with the prices and it was similar to vibe prices on NCL I would gladly pay for it.

You do realize in 2019 a one day beach vibe club pass only cost $29 dollars.  Here we are 2023 and NCL is now charging $99 dollars for the same area on the ship.  This is exactly why I stated the solarium should remain free.  There is no reason customers should have to pay to enter a place on a cruise ship like the solarium.  For people who want more privacy book a suite so you can have access to the suite deck.  It is just a very slippery slope because one a charge is instituted where does it end, NCL has gone from $29 dollars to $99 dollars in 4 years for the same day pass to the same area of the ship that use to be 100% free and open to all.

48 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

You do realize in 2019 a one day beach vibe club pass only cost $29 dollars.  Here we are 2023 and NCL is now charging $99 dollars for the same area on the ship.  This is exactly why I stated the solarium should remain free.  There is no reason customers should have to pay to enter a place on a cruise ship like the solarium.  For people who want more privacy book a suite so you can have access to the suite deck.  It is just a very slippery slope because one a charge is instituted where does it end, NCL has gone from $29 dollars to $99 dollars in 4 years for the same day pass to the same area of the ship that use to be 100% free and open to all.

NCL has Vibe at an extra cost, but they also have Spice H20 for free, no?